Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-21-2011, 13:46   #41
arushus
Biggest Member

SF is no more...
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 18:10   #42
SolidBrass
Against Shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29SF View Post
Have you been reading this forum much? You seem to be unfamiliar with Swamp Fox ammo...
Yes I've been to their website, read about them on this forum and even emailed them to ask a question. My email was not replied to. Careful with your assumptions. AT NO POINT DID I SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT SWAPFOX other than the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arushus View Post
He must not have done must research into their product. Swampfox has the kind of reputation around here where he doesnt have to prove that his numbers meet their stated velocities, YOU have to prove that his numbers dont add up, not him...
So I just takes someone's word on this (who doesn't have a chono)? Proof not needed. It's up to me to disprove it someone's unverified claim? That's interesting. You didn't take science in school did you?

Either way, assuming he is right. It's still very expensive by comparison.

I didn't insult anyone with my posts (until now). Why make this a personal attack on me?

Quote:
SF is no more...
*EDIT* reading the other posts it appears Mike of SF passed away. RIP

Last edited by SolidBrass; 11-21-2011 at 18:28..
SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 18:51   #43
G29SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidBrass View Post
Yes I've been to their website, read about them on this forum and even emailed them to ask a question. My email was not replied to. Careful with your assumptions. AT NO POINT DID I SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT SWAPFOX other than the cost.

So I just takes someone's word on this (who doesn't have a chono)? Proof not needed. It's up to me to disprove it someone's unverified claim? That's interesting. You didn't take science in school did you?

I didn't insult anyone with my posts (until now). Why make this a personal attack on me?

Nobody said you said anything bad about Swamp Fox. I'm not sure how you came up with that...

Anyway, my point was you seem like you are unfamiliar with SF's ammo. If you have been reading the 10-Ring of any amount of time you would know his reputation is stellar as is his ammo.

What started this was you giving advice to use a fully supported barrel with Underwood's ammo... when I already shoot "hotter-than-underwood" ammo with my setup ... which is listed in my sig line (LOL). It was from that discussion onward that I assumed you were unfamiliar with SF. Nobody said you were dissn' him.

As far as needing "proof", I agree. I have however read a lot of posters on this board rave about how hot his ammo is. If he was falsifying his numbers, he probably would have been crucified (like Double Tap) by some. I have yet to read anything about his ammo other than WOW. If you ever shot his ammo you would understand. It really was above and beyond anything out there.

Was it expensive? Sure. But it was the hottest out there AND it was cheaper than Buffalo Bore (another often cited premium brand). SF ammo was never meant to be target/plinking ammo. It was the hottest premium ammo for hunting, personal protection, etc.

I am excited to try out Underwood's offerings now...
G32 Gen4
G29SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 23:18   #44
SolidBrass
Against Shiny

Quote:
Nobody said you said anything bad about Swamp Fox. I'm not sure how you came up with that...Anyway, my point was you seem like you are ,,, Underwood's offerings now...
This was an underwood post. Kevin is great guy and it's a easy place to buy arms. I'm not knocking others arms just on the side of the little guy that like really good ammo at half the price.

Heart attack at 50 kind of makes you think. And sad indeed.

Last edited by SolidBrass; 11-21-2011 at 23:20..
Old 11-21-2011, 23:59   #45
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:

Not sure which part of my post was attacking you? You get defensive very easily...
When I said YOU have to prove they dont meet his stated velocities, I meant you in general...
Im well aware of the scientific method, I have a bachelor of science degree...and it is because of this knowledge of the scientific method that I can say what I did. The claim is not unverified, quite the opposite! You asking for proff is like asking for proof that the earth is round. Umm, I could get proof that the earth is round for you, but it has been proven so much, and is so obvious by now that it seems pretty silly!
His velocities have been proven and gone over again and again on here, by several people, there are even videos on youtube showing his ammo in action. Being that the thorough experimentation has proven my theory, I can say what I did, and unless someone could have proven otherwise, his stated velocities are correct. We obviously did not take this on blind fact, we studied it, like we did everyone else's ammo.
All of this is why I said, you have to prove otherwise...

So, before you go running your mouth about needing proof and numbers backed up, why dont you do just a little bit of research yourself? If you had, you would have known that swampfox's ammo has been proven several different ways, over and over again to be what we, and swampfox, say it is!

Last edited by arushus; 11-22-2011 at 00:11..
Old 11-22-2011, 07:57   #46
TreyG-20
Second2None

Send a message via Yahoo to TreyG-20
Quote:

Just youtube swampfoxammo and you will see plenty of videos of his ammo beinging chronographed. Do some research. Doesnt matter now anyway cause nobody will be getting his ammo. So looks like underwood is the source now
Old 11-22-2011, 11:59   #47
rcd567

OK, who is the guilty one? I get an email from Underwood saying the 135 gr. 10mm is available. I didn't see it for a couple hours. By the time I get to the website, they are sold out.

Which one of you bought all they had??????????
Old 11-22-2011, 12:08   #48
arushus
Biggest Member

Trey did it all! I swear!
Old 11-22-2011, 15:01   #49
TreyG-20
Second2None

Send a message via Yahoo to TreyG-20
Quote:
Trey did it all! I swear!
My bad sorry. I wish, i havent got a chance to buy any yet. Hopefully they will have some more soon.
Old 11-22-2011, 15:42   #50
post-apocalyptic
magnifi ba$tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyG-20 View Post
My bad sorry. I wish, i havent got a chance to buy any yet. Hopefully they will have some more soon.
I dunno.. I also procrastinated this time and missed out.

I think this will be Underwood's most popular 10mm loading, and backordering a few boxes might be a good idea.

Last edited by post-apocalyptic; 11-22-2011 at 15:46..
post-apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 16:26   #51
G29SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd567 View Post
OK, who is the guilty one? I get an email from Underwood saying the 135 gr. 10mm is available. I didn't see it for a couple hours. By the time I get to the website, they are sold out.

Which one of you bought all they had??????????
I ordered (backordered) two boxes on 11/15, however my order is still pending ("received" status). I only orderd two boxes so I didn't do it!
G32 Gen4
Old 11-22-2011, 17:53   #52
SolidBrass
Against Shiny

We need to lobby Kevin Underwood to make a 200grn hardcast, or even a 230grn.
Old 11-22-2011, 18:20   #53
G29SF

Quote:
We need to lobby Kevin Underwood to make a 200grn hardcast, or even a 230grn.

I would love to know the thinking of 220gr vs 230gr in 10mm. DT offers a 230gr cartridge (don't know if it is really 230gr though), however Buffalo Bore states that 220gr is the biggest you can use in the 10mm.

Don't know who to believe and what their logic is.

I have even read about bullet tumbling from 230gr DTs.

The more I get into all of this, the more I want to reload!

But yes, I think Underwood (Keith I believe is his name) has a great opportunity here.
G32 Gen4

Last edited by G29SF; 11-22-2011 at 18:21..
Old 11-22-2011, 19:42   #54
post-apocalyptic
magnifi ba$tard

Quote:
I would love to know the thinking of 220gr vs 230gr in 10mm. DT offers a 230gr cartridge (don't know if it is really 230gr though), however Buffalo Bore states that 220gr is the biggest you can use in the 10mm.

Don't know who to believe and what their logic is.

I have even read about bullet tumbling from 230gr DTs.

The more I get into all of this, the more I want to reload!

But yes, I think Underwood (Keith I believe is his name) has a great opportunity here.
From what I've seen, (Hickok45's videos), any 10mm bullet heavier than 220gr will tumble when fired from a Glock barrel.. but the aftermarket barrels will stabilize up to 230gr, (because of the difference in rifling).

I'll stick with my Glock barrels and bullets 220gr or lighter. They get it done just fine.
Old 11-22-2011, 20:03   #55
Allsmk_nomirror

Awesome I gotta give em a try, I just picked up a 22lb captured recoil spring assembly for my G20Sf
Allsmk_nomirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 20:36   #56
SolidBrass
Against Shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by post-apocalyptic View Post
From what I've seen, (Hickok45's videos), any 10mm bullet heavier than 220gr will tumble when fired from a Glock barrel.. but the aftermarket barrels will stabilize up to 230gr, (because of the difference in rifling).
I was going to say that. Aftermarket barrel for a 230gr. A hunting/animal defense round.

Quote:
(Keith I believe is his name)
According the business card in my lap his name is Kevin. I've got a lot of his .45acp 230gn JHP and FMJ and 10mm 180gn JHP rounds in storage (and in my guns).
Attached Thumbnails
The 10 Ring - Click for larger version  

Last edited by SolidBrass; 11-22-2011 at 20:45..
Old 11-22-2011, 22:23   #57
G29SF

Quote:
I was going to say that. Aftermarket barrel for a 230gr. A hunting/animal defense round.

According the business card in my lap his name is Kevin. I've got a lot of his .45acp 230gn JHP and FMJ and 10mm 180gn JHP rounds in storage (and in my guns).
That is right... my mistake. I remember seeing that now that you mention it. Thanks.
G32 Gen4
Old 11-26-2011, 22:37   #58
post-apocalyptic
magnifi ba$tard

135s are back in stock, at least for now. I just ordered 200rnds myself.

Last edited by post-apocalyptic; 11-27-2011 at 00:04..
post-apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 15:23   #59
yellolab

Is there consensus on what the bullets are uses? I hear maybe Montana, maybe Winchester, ??????

Also what are you guys using the 135grn for ? Just curious.

Kevin
yellolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 15:33   #60
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellolab View Post
Is there consensus on what the bullets are uses? I hear maybe Montana, maybe Winchester, ??????

Also what are you guys using the 135grn for ? Just curious.

Kevin
He said in another thread he uses winchester hollowpoints, not sure about fmj's...

I use 135 for home defense, it pretty much blows up when it hits anything, so less of a chance they'll overpenetrate and hurt someone...

Tags
10mm, 10mm ammo, g20, underwood