Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-29-2011, 22:19   #1
SigKimberGlock

Suggestion for Suppressor / Barrel combo

I have a G30 and G23 Gen 4 and recently set up my NFA Trust so i'm looking to buy my first Suppressor and would appreciate some comments or suggestions. I've narrowed it down to either :

Silencerco Osprey 45 or AAC TI-Rant 45 with extra pistons so i can use them on my G23.
Barrel choices are KKM Precision Threaded or LWD Threaded.

What about recoil spring upgrades? Needed or ? Anyone that has experiance with any of these or running something different that you would recommend would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to drop alotta cash so hoping to make an informed decison. Thanks for any suggestions/comments.
SigKimberGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 16:05   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

Both of those cans are highly rated, but I haven't shot either of them. I have a 9mm Osprey on order. Either barrel should work fine.

Spring changes should not be required.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 19:25   #3
SigKimberGlock

Well i had decided on the Osprey 45 and went to buy it and the guy talked me out of it ! He loaded a .45 and shot the Osprey and then a
SWR H.E.M.S2 and the SWR was noticeably quieter and $200 bucks cheaper. So the paper work is mailed and the wait begins. I ordered a KKM threaded barrel and a LWD thread protector,Gen 4 Tungsten guide rod and an extra piston from SWR to fit my Glock 23. He told me 4-6 mos on the ATF tax stamp, hope thats an exagerated estimate! Guess that will give me time to break the new barrel in and get me some Nite Sights. Thanks for the reply! Any suggestion on sights? I'm thinking Meprolite Tru Dot. Can't wait to shoot my Glock with all the new stuff on it !
SigKimberGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 19:34   #4
Zak Smith
3Gunner

4-6 months is about right.

Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suppressor, threaded barrel