Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:55   #1
FLSlim

Holster collection-Hume 721

A few days ago, I got a D. Hume 721 OT for my G30. I've carried it for a couple of days now (in lieu of my 23 in a CBST), and have found it quite satisfactory. While it is a belt holster, it rides fairly high and tight and conceals rather well under an untucked casual shirt. Riding on the belt, it was comfortable and supported the G30 just fine. I consider it a plus that I can wear it much closer to the 3:00 position than I can the CBST (inside the belt presses the weapon, uncomfortably, on my bony hips). The new Hume 721 was very tight on the weapon and needs some break-in; out of the box it was difficult to pull the 30 out of the holster when riding on my belt. Of course, I would rather have it too tight and have to break it in, than too loose and worry about weapon security. For me, the big drawback is that rather than slipping clips over my belt, I have to feed the belt through the holster when I put it on or take it off.

Bottom line, for comfortably carrying the relatively thick G30 I thought the Hume 721 did a good job and, at about $40+ new, it's fairly economical.
FLSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:33   #2
dabigguns357

Thats good to hear,i kinda have a bad deal going with them.I'm not complaining yet,just upset.

I ordered almost the same holster from them and i called to make sure they had one instock,they said they did.I ordered and all was well for 3 weeks,thats when i noticed i didn't have my holster,no biggy i've waited before.I called them but because i couldn't get through,i sent them an email asking about my holster.3 Days went by (no answer)and i finally decided to call and cancel my order.The reply is what i got upset about,she said they thought that they had the holster in but they couldn't find it and was going to make me one.I told her i didn't want one made because it would take 10 weeks or better and i didn't want to wait.

Monday night i was sent this email--- Dear Sir there was a mixup and we have located the holster you purchased and will be shipping it Tuesday July 13 th .

I do plan on buying more guns and holsters,but i probalily won't be buying from them.Again i'm not mad just upset.
dabigguns357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:30   #3
adaman04

The 721 seems to be pretty popular. I've almost bought one a couple times. Glad you like it.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:58   #4
frankt

I have bought and used several Hume holsters and they are hard to beat for the money.
The JIT is one of my favorite.
I always buy from Gunners Alley. Great service and prices.

http://www.gunnersalley.com/

Semper Fi
frankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 22:37   #5
Bulldog

One of the best mass-produced holsters for the money. Just took delivery of my 4th today, as a matter of fact - this time for the G27. There are better holsters out there, but you'll have to pay a lot more and wait a lot longer for anything that's substantially better than the H721OT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 13:12   #6
Welrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSlim View Post
A few days ago, I got a D. Hume 721 OT for my G30. I've carried it for a couple of days now (in lieu of my 23 in a CBST), and have found it quite satisfactory. While it is a belt holster, it rides fairly high and tight and conceals rather well under an untucked casual shirt. Riding on the belt, it was comfortable and supported the G30 just fine. I consider it a plus that I can wear it much closer to the 3:00 position than I can the CBST (inside the belt presses the weapon, uncomfortably, on my bony hips). The new Hume 721 was very tight on the weapon and needs some break-in; out of the box it was difficult to pull the 30 out of the holster when riding on my belt. Of course, I would rather have it too tight and have to break it in, than too loose and worry about weapon security. For me, the big drawback is that rather than slipping clips over my belt, I have to feed the belt through the holster when I put it on or take it off.

Bottom line, for comfortably carrying the relatively thick G30 I thought the Hume 721 did a good job and, at about $40+ new, it's fairly economical.
Time has passed since Apr 2010. Do you still like the Hume holster? It is also hot in Arizona and an OWB high rise ahead of the hip sounds like a better solution than the IWB holsters that I have been using. The G30 is a gem. It is just a matter of finding the correct holster and clothing combination. All comments, as to your real world experiences with this combination, would be appreciated. Best regards.
Welrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 18:44   #7
bad89stang

I am not the original poster, but I own this holster and have had it for about 3 months. It is my favorite holster and most comfortable. The only time I dont like it is in the car. The side bolsters on the seat make the pistol dig into my rib cage.
bad89stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 18:55   #8
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

I use a Don Hume H726 for my Glock 22 and I made a H726 fit my Sig 220 Combat. I couldn't be happier. It's one of my favorite all time holsters. I had a 721 when I still carried a Glock 23. I sold it with the gun. I really liked that holster. I exclusively purchase Don Hume holsters except when they don't have a fit for a particular gun that I want to carry.

Don Hume = Great products!
Old 11-07-2011, 18:58   #9
John43

I have one for my CM9 and I like it.
John43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 19:11   #10
cowboy1964

This will probably be my next holster now that heavy clothing season has arrived. Kind of tired of IWB.

I figure this holster is a good "trial run" before dropping the coin on a High Noon or something pricey.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 11-07-2011 at 21:56..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g30, holster, hume 721