Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:33   #1
arushus
Biggest Member

10mm lonewolf barrel

hey jr,

Ive recently purchased a lwd 10mm barrel used from somebody else, for my G20sf. The previous owner said he didnt do anything to it except run 60 rounds through it, and changed his mind and decided to go in a different direction. He said all the rounds fed flawlessly. But, Im having a little trouble with it, two to three rounds out of every mag doesnt want to feed properly, it will try to feed, hit the top of the chamber, and jam. All it takes to correct it is for me to pull back on the slide slightly, and the primer end of the round will pop uo into the proper position, and go straight in, or remove the mag to allow the next round in the mag to cycle up and put the mag back in. The little bit of extra pressure from the round in the mag helps push the primer end of the bullet up so it is in line with the chamber. I was looking at my LWD 10mm to .40cal conversion barrel, and I noticed the feed ramps are different on the two barrels. Could it be that the 10mm barrel I bought used could be an older one, and youve redesigned the feed ramps on your barrels since then? Which is why the conversion barrel I bought new about a month ago has a different feed ramp, or are the two barrel supposed to have different feed ramps?

Im thinking that perhaps I should install some +10% magazine springs in my mags to help push the primer end of the bullet up some to help line the bullet up with the chamber, but, if the fix is to perhaps send it back to LWD to have the feed ramp worked on, then I would rather do that, if that is where the fix is, being as, I am by no means positive the +10% mag springs will even help at all...

I realize you are the owner of LWD, please instruct me as to what the fix is to this particular problem. Im by no means upset by this, honestly, some problems were expected since the chamber is a fully supported chamber, and thus has a lot tighter tolerances, but, I also knew from LWD's great customer service record that I could count on you guys to help me fix any issues!

Thanks for your time and consideration!
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 21:04   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Is the ammunition you are using reloads. If it is the easy fix is to simply reduce the OAL of the cartridge and the feed issue will usually go away.
If the ammo is factory new you may need the feed ramp reworked. Yes a +10% mag spring could fix the issue and so could a stronger recoil .spring or it may be a combination of all three?
Old 10-12-2011, 22:52   #3
arushus
Biggest Member

The ammunition I tried so far has been 135gr noslers from swampfox, and some winchester silvertips, it happened with both...Im using a 22lb ISMI spring, and LWD ss guide rod already. Im going to try the mag spring idea, but if it is still happening once every mag should I send it in? Ive heard of people polishing the feed ramp themselves, and Im really a doit-yourself kinda guy, but I just really dont feel comfortable messing with a barrel.

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-12-2011, 23:42   #4
JR
GT Sponsor

Looks like you are shooting reloads? if so, reduce the OAL of the loaded cartridge and the issue should go away.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:45   #5
arushus
Biggest Member

No reloads, all factory bought ammo...
Old 10-16-2011, 13:32   #6
JR
GT Sponsor

I would take a look at the feed ramp.
Old 10-16-2011, 14:05   #7
arushus
Biggest Member

And do what to it?
Old 10-16-2011, 21:18   #8
JR
GT Sponsor

If the cartridge sticks into the roof of the chamber it pretty much tells you the OAL of the cartridge is long or the edge needs broken. If you are shooting factory ammunition I would break the edge of the feed ramp where it meets the chamber