SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-23-2011, 21:40   #21
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole View Post
IMO, semantics somewhat, though I know the difference. Turret. Progressive. Same concept: not single stage. And, IMO, given the price of a USED Dillon Square Deal B, or the value of a USED Dillon 550B, and my/the experience of others, go Blue. Anything else, in my observation, ends up costing more money in the long run when the newb, trying to skimp at first, "upgrades" to the press s/he should have bought to begin with. That's my expanded opinion and worth what you paid for it.
I get that. Problem is that a new Dillon cost $230 or so more then the LCT. Most people view the difference between $350 to $580 as a pretty big jump.
Old 09-24-2011, 14:52   #22
ursoboostd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
While Unique worked just fine in my Dillon Powder Measure. It was not stock. It had the Unique Tek powder baffle and had been polished up on the inside.
Did the Unique Tek powder baffle help very much?
Old 09-24-2011, 17:32   #23
SPRSkip

Stay away from the Hornady LNL for 40 S&W. I load .380, 9mm, 40 S&W and 45ACP. The LNL is OK for others but when you get to the case and bullet feeders in 40 it sucks, engineered all wrong for that size.
Old 09-24-2011, 20:59   #24
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursoboostd View Post
Did the Unique Tek powder baffle help very much?
It made the 550 work good regardless of powder hopper fullness. So for me it was not a big deal.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:48   #25
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
The reason you had so much trouble w/ the beam scale, is because it is Lee's... it is junk. Most folks never recommend that scale.

A QUALITY beam scale, will be far better than the Lee beam scale. Dillon's Eliminator or the RCBS 505 are far better choices for a beam scale. The Hornady Auto Charge is really nice, but it's about 85% of the OP's budget, and that's really just not realistic.

IGF
Indy, you are going to hurt someone's feelings calling their equip choice "junk". I prefer quality challenged or economically adequate.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.40 s&w, glock, reloads