Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-09-2011, 17:22   #1
DaveG

9/11 Bug out Bag

Alright folks 10 year anniversary... revengeful folks in the world after Osama's death, and a democrat in the Whitehouse..... I'm not saying it's a sure thing... but I don't like our odds. I pray, may God bless us all.

9/11 Bug out Plan and Bag contents

- Full tank of gas in the truck with an extra 5 gallon gas can.
- 1 Rem 700 .300WSM bolt action rifle/BSA scope
- 30 rds .300WSM
- Binoculars
- Gun cleaning kit
- 3 point sling
- 300 ft paracord
- 1 Taurus 1911, stainless steel
- 120rds .45ACP +P
- Field First Aid kit
- Kneepads
- 2 changes of clothing/1 ACU stlye set of fatigues and boots and hat
- Important papers
- 100 dollars cash
- compass
- 3 ways to start fire
- water purification tablets
- Gerber LMF II knife
- Mess Kit
- 3 MRE's
- Bible
- Military poncho
- Survival blanket

...that's what I've got so far, but I have a few more additions to make. If the SHTF... I'll be ready to get up and go.

Last edited by DaveG; 09-09-2011 at 17:23..
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 17:50   #2
Broncbuster
Dying Breed

I keep a bag in my vehicles all the time. It contains, 3 pistol mags, 3 AR mags, first aid kit with suture and burn material, cargo pants and shirt, fire starter, extra knife, 100ft paracord, compass, 2 surefire lights, water purifcation, 3 MRE's, 2 bottles of water, 2 squeeze packs of Gatorade, Small set of binoculars and a rain poncho. My family used to think i was nuts but every family outing someone has needed bandaids, a knife, or advil. Now they all keep a small bag with them.

I don't consider mine a BOB. I think of it as a everyday survival bag. I use something it it daily.

Last edited by Broncbuster; 09-09-2011 at 18:29..
Broncbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 17:51   #3
thejellster05

Send a message via Yahoo to thejellster05
My 9.11 bag will be the same as my 9.10 and my 9.12 bag. Don't let it get to you.
thejellster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 18:21   #4
cowboy1964

You're going to bug out if a car bomb goes off?
cowboy1964 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 18:28   #5
Broncbuster
Dying Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
You're going to bug out if a car bomb goes off?
Just hope it isn't his and he's in it-lol
Broncbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 18:51   #6
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Dave G, Calm down sunshine, its not D-Day yet and don't just blame the black guy. Its also the republican idiots as well who lets this crap happen without wiping the source off the planet. It took 10 years to get Osama bin Ladin who gave his blessing to attack us on 9/11. When the U.S. Gov't wakes up and grows a set to throw a strategic nuke up the butt of these scumbags we will always be target practice for them. Sometimes to fight terrorism you need to react like one! Or maybe we just need to be more proactive!
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 19:00   #7
DaveG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Dave G, Calm down sunshine, its not D-Day yet and don't just blame the black guy. Its also the republican idiots as well who lets this crap happen without wiping the source off the planet. It took 10 years to get Osama bin Ladin who gave his blessing to attack us on 9/11. When the U.S. Gov't wakes up and grows a set to throw a strategic nuke up the butt of these scumbags we will always be target practice for them. Sometimes to fight terrorism you need to react like one! Or maybe we just need to be more proactive!
Clinton is the one who let Osama get away... even after he attacked us the first time. George W went after him after the first time. Under George W... other than 9/11 itself which nobody could have predicted, we had 0 attacks.
I trusted W to keep me and my family safe... but I just can't trust the current president...
Old 09-09-2011, 19:03   #8
thejellster05

Send a message via Yahoo to thejellster05
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Clinton is the one who let Osama get away... even after he attacked us the first time. George W went after him after the first time. Under George W... other than 9/11 itself which nobody could have predicted, we had 0 attacks.
I trusted W to keep me and my family safe... but I just can't trust the current president...
Agreed.
thejellster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 19:27   #9
Dexters

Quote:
Alright folks 10 year anniversary... revengeful folks in the world after Osama's death, and a democrat in the Whitehouse..... I'm not saying it's a sure thing... but I don't like our odds. I pray, may God bless us all.
Are you living under a bridge or in a tunnel?
Old 09-09-2011, 19:40   #10
Texanmile

Quote:
Uh, brother... respectfully... hmm... ok, here it goes.

If President Clinton let Osama get away then what did George W. Bush do for 7 years after September 11th?

Clinton tried to hit him with a missile and failed, but then passed on all intelligence to the Bush administration in 2001 as W did for Obama and Obama will do for the next guy, why didn't Bush act on that intel?

So, other than the BIGGEST TERROR ATTACK IN WORLD HISTORY... we had no attacks under George Bush, and that makes him more trustworthy than the current pres under whom we've actually killed Osama, and the Al Quieda #2? And by the way... no terror attacks with him yet either...

Last edited by Texanmile; 09-09-2011 at 19:46..
Texanmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 19:44   #11
Texanmile

Quote:

9/11 Bug out Plan and Bag contents

- Full tank of gas in the truck with an extra 5 gallon gas can.
- 1 Rem 700 .300WSM bolt action rifle/BSA scope
- 30 rds .300WSM
- Binoculars
- Gun cleaning kit
- 3 point sling
- 300 ft paracord
- 1 Taurus 1911, stainless steel
- 120rds .45ACP +P
- Field First Aid kit
- Kneepads
- 2 changes of clothing/1 ACU stlye set of fatigues and boots and hat
- Important papers
- 100 dollars cash
- compass
- 3 ways to start fire
- water purification tablets
- Gerber LMF II knife
- Mess Kit
- 3 MRE's
- Bible
- Military poncho
- Survival blanket

...that's what I've got so far, but I have a few more additions to make. If the SHTF... I'll be ready to get up and go.
...and you have a VERY powerful rifle apparently, but only 30 rds, yet over a hundred round for your pistol. Half your bag seems fairly dedicated to your guns and not actually survival gear, and what does it weigh so far with all that stuff? 100lbs? So, unless you actually live somewhere that will get hit... Why are you going to bug out? Where are you going to go, and for what reason and why do you need a grizzly bear rifle to do it??? You said in a previous post that you lived next to a cotton field... Are terrorists targeting the cotton industry these days?

Last edited by Texanmile; 09-09-2011 at 19:45..
Texanmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 19:58   #12
Dexters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmile View Post

If President Clinton let Osama get away then what did George W. Bush do for 7 years after September 11th?

Clinton tried to hit him with a missile and failed, but then passed on all intelligence to the Bush administration in 2001 as W did for Obama and Obama will do for the next guy, why didn't Bush act on that intel?

So, other than the BIGGEST TERROR ATTACK IN WORLD HISTORY... we had no attacks under George Bush, and that makes him more trustworthy than the current pres under whom we've actually killed Osama, and the Al Quieda #2? And by the way... no terror attacks with him yet either...
You might have forgotten that GWB was president for 8 months prior to 9/11. And do you think any president somehow slacked off in trying to fin OSL?

If you have a point to make use positive reasoning.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:18   #13
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmile View Post

Exactly !!!
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:54   #14
DoctaGlockta

Quote:
OBL has been dead a long time.

- Barack Hussein Obama
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 13:53   #15
Toorop

Quote:
Most of the blame would be Reagans' for training him and arming him. Not to mention giving him and the rest of Al Quaeda what they needed to fight the Russians.
Toorop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 14:04   #16
Toorop

The bag looks good. I might suggest an EBR rather then a bolt action. I am sure you will need to tweak it more though for your needs and your locale.
Toorop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 22:40   #17
DaveG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
The bag looks good. I might suggest an EBR rather then a bolt action. I am sure you will need to tweak it more though for your needs and your locale.
What is an EBR?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:32   #18
Aceman

If I were a terrorist, I'd be reading this and laughing my ass off at how you sit around and blame different political parties for the other's inability to stop terrorism. Maybe that's why they have been successful. Too much BS about republicans this and dems that...Not enough actual doing their jobs period.

Could have taken all that surplus and put some really nice security in....but no. One lame missle, two wars against non-terrorists, so much finacial crime there aren't enough jails for all the bad dudes, and bailing out junk @$$ US cars, and a bogus health bill that no one knows what or if it will do anything?

Honestly, if I'm a terrorist, I'm sitting down, watching the Pittsburg / Ravens game and letting you all Eff yourselves into oblivion. I don't need to help.
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 17:16   #19
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Quote:
What is an EBR?
Evil Black Rifle (AR-15)

Well I guess it could be a non AR system rifle but you get the picture.

Last edited by FireForged; 09-11-2011 at 17:17..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 18:09   #20
EldoEsq.

A sniper rifle and a Taurus??? Good luck...
EldoEsq. is offline   Reply With Quote