GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 11:37   #21
MD357
Senior Member
 
MD357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipsan View Post
. But, everyone is entitled to their opinion(s).
True, there's the shooter mentality that understand the quality of work isn't validated by a piece of paper. Then there's the collector mentality that wants that worthless piece of paper to show his friends. However, the reality remains that the REASON these TOOLS are built is for the aforementioned criteria. Therefore, if the SAME shop does the work then they are equal from a function standpoint.



Quote:
I think Don found a Pro for under $1300.00 less than a year ago.
That's great, doesn't mean that's the norm outside of a rare occaision like I said. 7 years ago I bought an Wilson Supergrade out of a collection for $1200, doesn't mean that is the norm. Can you show me one auction for a Pro in that price range on GA or GB?
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:44   #22
1911Nut17
1911Addicts.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
True, there's the shooter mentality that understand the quality of work isn't validated by a piece of paper. Then there's the collector mentality that wants that worthless piece of paper to show his friends. However, the reality remains that the REASON these TOOLS are built is for the aforementioned criteria. Therefore, if the SAME shop does the work then they are equal from a function standpoint.





That's great, doesn't mean that's the norm outside of a rare occaision like I said. 7 years ago I bought an Wilson Supergrade out of a collection for $1200, doesn't mean that is the norm. Can you show me one auction for a Pro in that price range on GA or GB?
Wasn't saying it was the norm by any means. Sometimes you just get lucky and find that gem out there for cheap. Don seems to be a lucky butthead and finds more that most lol.

Last edited by 1911Nut17; 08-27-2011 at 11:44..
1911Nut17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:59   #23
silversport
Senior Member
 
silversport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicagoland USA
Posts: 2,791


Well if you show me a new in the box TRP and a Loaded that has gotten the Professional Package from the same people who make the Professional, I'll take the Professional Package every time...YMMV...

as mentioned by MD357 it is a tool...and the Professional Package on any Springfield frame is superior in my estimation to the TRP off the shelf...by a LONG shot...

Bill
__________________
****G17**G21 Gen4**G30S****
*NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER/LEAA LIFE MEMBER*
*Like What You've Got?...Thank a Vet!*

Last edited by silversport; 08-27-2011 at 12:00..
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:01   #24
1911Nut17
1911Addicts.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 53
It may be superior, but just bc someone throws a PRO package on a gun, doesn't make it the same thing as a PRO built by SACS, and definitely nowhere near the price either.

Last edited by 1911Nut17; 08-27-2011 at 12:02..
1911Nut17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:30   #25
GJ1981
Pitying Fools
 
GJ1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,394
__________________
I see safequeens, they're EVERYWHERE.
GJ1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 13:34   #26
silversport
Senior Member
 
silversport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicagoland USA
Posts: 2,791


Wonder why they call it the professional package then...???

Bill
__________________
****G17**G21 Gen4**G30S****
*NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER/LEAA LIFE MEMBER*
*Like What You've Got?...Thank a Vet!*
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 13:44   #27
MD357
Senior Member
 
MD357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Nut17 View Post
It may be superior, but just bc someone throws a PRO package on a gun, doesn't make it the same thing as a PRO built by SACS, and definitely nowhere near the price either.
What's the difference? Be specific. Not talking about frame codes either.
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 13:45   #28
silversport
Senior Member
 
silversport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicagoland USA
Posts: 2,791


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Nut17 View Post
It may be superior, but just bc someone throws a PRO package on a gun, doesn't make it the same thing as a PRO built by SACS, and definitely nowhere near the price either.
You do understand the OP is talking about a professional package built by SACS, right???

A Professional Package built on a Springfield Armory donor is still a custom pistol...if you are talking price for one used, sure...it's not a Professional...it's a Professional Package Springfield Armory 1911 pattern pistol..again...I'll take a Springfield Armory Custom built 1911 pattern pistol over any off the shelf TRP...you think different...no arguments...more for me

Bill
__________________
****G17**G21 Gen4**G30S****
*NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER/LEAA LIFE MEMBER*
*Like What You've Got?...Thank a Vet!*
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 15:10   #29
Wolf2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,294,967,279
Updated the information.

Last edited by Wolf2012; 08-27-2011 at 16:13..
Wolf2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 16:12   #30
Wolf2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,294,967,279
He changed his mind already about the Valor so i no longer need any information on it.
Thanks
Wolf2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 16:43   #31
1911Nut17
1911Addicts.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
What's the difference? Be specific. Not talking about frame codes either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversport View Post
You do understand the OP is talking about a professional package built by SACS, right???

A Professional Package built on a Springfield Armory donor is still a custom pistol...if you are talking price for one used, sure...it's not a Professional...it's a Professional Package Springfield Armory 1911 pattern pistol..again...I'll take a Springfield Armory Custom built 1911 pattern pistol over any off the shelf TRP...you think different...no arguments...more for me

Bill
I never once said that it wasn't better than a bone stock TRP. The only thing I ever said about the TRP was when some was saying that we were telling him a price lower than what a TRP costs.

The difference is that it isn't an actual pro. It wasn't built from the ground up as a pro, it was modified to be like a pro. I am sure it is just as nice quality and reliability wise, but from a cash value point of view it is different.

That is like saying if you buy a regular stock Camaro Z28 and the take it to a Chevy dealer and have them put on a SS air box, hood, and badges, it is now an SS and not a Z28.
1911Nut17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 17:25   #32
MD357
Senior Member
 
MD357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,886
Quote:
The difference is that it isn't an actual pro. It wasn't built from the ground up as a pro, it was modified to be like a pro. I am sure it is just as nice quality and reliability wise, but from a cash value point of view it is different.
Like I said.... be specific. How is the checkering different? Barrel fit? How are the "match components" that are swapped, fit any different? I can go on.....

Quote:
That is like saying if you buy a regular stock Camaro Z28 and the take it to a Chevy dealer and have them put on a SS air box, hood, and badges, it is now an SS and not a Z28.
That is incorrect. This is like taking a V6 camaro TO THE FACTORY and swapping out the drivetrain, suspension, etc to equal a Z28 or SS...... and then someone saying it's different because an SS/Z28 comes with a factory sticker.
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 18:35   #33
silversport
Senior Member
 
silversport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicagoland USA
Posts: 2,791


Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
Like I said.... be specific. How is the checkering different? Barrel fit? How are the "match components" that are swapped, fit any different? I can go on.....



That is incorrect. This is like taking a V6 camaro TO THE FACTORY and swapping out the drivetrain, suspension, etc to equal a Z28 or SS...... and then someone saying it's different because an SS/Z28 comes with a factory sticker.
Yup...

Bill
__________________
****G17**G21 Gen4**G30S****
*NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER/LEAA LIFE MEMBER*
*Like What You've Got?...Thank a Vet!*
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 19:53   #34
1911Nut17
1911Addicts.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
Like I said.... be specific. How is the checkering different? Barrel fit? How are the "match components" that are swapped, fit any different? I can go on.....



That is incorrect. This is like taking a V6 camaro TO THE FACTORY and swapping out the drivetrain, suspension, etc to equal a Z28 or SS...... and then someone saying it's different because an SS/Z28 comes with a factory sticker.
6 to 1 half a dozen to the other... It still wouldn't be an SS for resale purpose, just like it isn't a pro for resale purposes. As I said several times, I am not debating the quality of the weapon, just the cash value difference.

It is like taking a non turbo 911 having a Porsche dealership put a turbo kit, front mount, etc. on it, then turning around trying to say is a factory turbo 911.

Last edited by 1911Nut17; 08-27-2011 at 19:55..
1911Nut17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 20:26   #35
MD357
Senior Member
 
MD357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,886
Quote:
It is like taking a non turbo 911 having a Porsche dealership put a turbo kit, front mount, etc. on it, then turning around trying to say is a factory turbo 911.
Far from actually, as a dealership doesn't equal the factory install. Here the same exact people are doing the work.

Quote:
I am not debating the quality of the weapon, just the cash value difference.
Right, and I said that only matters to those that are "collectors." When the gun comes from the same shop with nearly the same work done to it, it shouldn't negate more than half it's value.
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 21:09   #36
1911Nut17
1911Addicts.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
Far from actually, as a dealership doesn't equal the factory install. Here the same exact people are doing the work.



Right, and I said that only matters to those that are "collectors." When the gun comes from the same shop with nearly the same work done to it, it shouldn't negate more than half it's value.

I meant to put factory in there, but never edited but you see the point I am trying to make.

As for the price, since it isn't an actual PRO build, I think the price is up to the person buying it. I personally probably wouldn't pay half price for a "clone" gun.

Last edited by 1911Nut17; 08-27-2011 at 21:09..
1911Nut17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:00   #37
silversport
Senior Member
 
silversport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicagoland USA
Posts: 2,791


it's a clone if YOU build it from parts...when SACS builds the Professional Package from the same parts they would use for the Professional...it's a Professional Package pistol...much more than a "clone"...

every gun is only worth what you'd pay for it...I just think that a Professional Package Springfield Armory pistol is worth more than ANY of the pistols in the $1000 range...some agree with me, some don't...that's why we have Ford AND Chevy...:D

Bill
__________________
****G17**G21 Gen4**G30S****
*NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER/LEAA LIFE MEMBER*
*Like What You've Got?...Thank a Vet!*
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:18   #38
samuse
Senior Member
 
samuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South TX
Posts: 5,189
Blog Entries: 2
IME, a built 1911 is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Expect to lose about $1K on a gun that was custom built.

About $6-800 on a cookie cutter gun (Baer, Brown etc...).
__________________
"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick." -Clint Smith


Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:53   #39
MD357
Senior Member
 
MD357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuse View Post
IME, a built 1911 is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Expect to lose about $1K on a gun that was custom built.

About $6-800 on a cookie cutter gun (Baer, Brown etc...).
I REALLY wish this were accurate. I'd love to be able to find Baers for $1000 all day long.... but the reality is that.... once again.... this isn't the norm.
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 13:07   #40
samuse
Senior Member
 
samuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South TX
Posts: 5,189
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
I REALLY wish this were accurate. I'd love to be able to find Baers for $1000 all day long.... but the reality is that.... once again.... this isn't the norm.
You won't find 'em like that all day long, but if you're serious about selling it without sitting on it forever, that's about what it takes.

I always buy high and sell low!
__________________
"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick." -Clint Smith


Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
.45, 1911, loaded, professional, springfield
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:33.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,111
293 Members
818 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42