Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-23-2011, 13:12   #1
Racer997

New G34 Gen 4 for IDPA

I just picked up a G34 Gen 4 to shoot some casual IDPA in my area. I know the gun is designed for this kind of shooting, but there's nothing that can't be improved. What suggestions do you have for making the gun work well in this capacity? Mag wells are a given, and maybe an extended mag release, but what about the trigger? I've never loved the trigger on my Glocks before, but I've never had a trigger job done, either. I would think that about 3-1/2 pounds would be wonderful.

Thoughts?
Racer997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 13:58   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Your 34 should have 3.5 connector in it already. I am not sure if changing trigger springs is allowed in IDPA?
Unfortunately I am not a big fan of IDPA. Everything I offer via Lone Wolf Glock parts and accessories, customization and modifications, seems to be a major violation of what they allow? I stopped trying to understand them a long time ago.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:47   #3
Racer997

You're right in that IDPA is a complicated and convoluted set of rules and requirements. Currently I am new to the sport and where I shoot we loosely interpret the rules. Who knows if I will ever pursue any genuine sanctioned events in the future, but I certainly don't want to do something to the gun that can't be undone if I decide to go that route. For now, maybe I'll just add these http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=164837 and just shoot the crap of it until I can have a legit reason to complain.
Racer997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:02   #4
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Frankly I dont see why a trigger job would be outlawed in this game? (I dont care what others say, truth is its a game just like USPSA) You choose a trigger that best suits you and your shooting preference. This is a personal choice, not a competitive advantage. Same goes for sights.
BTW: Good choice on a set of Sevigny sights. They are very popular.