SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-22-2011, 15:28   #126
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

I went from a Rocky Mountain Tactical single point and vest mount single point (Delta), to an SKD Tactical P.I.G. MK-I padded. Now, I'm trying a Magpul MS2 with the pad from my MK1 to try a two point again.

https://www.rockymountaintactical.net/

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG_Drop_Slide..._p/pig.110.htm

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG501/100
Old 08-22-2011, 18:28   #127
pal2511

Send a message via AIM to pal2511
Vtac 2 padded sling from dsgarms.com
pal2511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 18:29   #128
pal2511

IF you get an sbr do you have to keep the upper permanently on the lower? Can you register the lower and switch out sbr tops?
Old 08-22-2011, 20:34   #129
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by pal2511 View Post
IF you get an sbr do you have to keep the upper permanently on the lower? Can you register the lower and switch out sbr tops?
Yes; you can switch out SBR uppers; you just can't put an SBR upper on a non-SBR lower. You have a hundred uppers for one lower, but you can only put them on that one lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 22:53   #130
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

V-TAC two point padded for me. Really like it.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 23:54   #131
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Yes; you can switch out SBR uppers; you just can't put an SBR upper on a non-SBR lower. You have a hundred uppers for one lower, but you can only put them on that one lower.
The good thing for me with the Sig is that the Upper is the registered part - the reverse of the AR. Therefore, if I did do an SBR on my upper, I'd have to really do some converting to screw things up and become illegal...

I want to buy your commemorative Glock! Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:11   #132
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm View Post
The good thing for me with the Sig is that the Upper is the registered part - the reverse of the AR. Therefore, if I did do an SBR on my upper, I'd have to really do some converting to screw things up and become illegal...
Yeah, but that's only ONE SBR upper, then; you can't switch them out with different barrel lengths nearly as easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:39   #133
Sparkster
HeroHolstersLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootindave View Post
My pressure switch is held on with super-tactical bicycle inner-tube. Dont mess with what works.
- Dave
I have a laser on order and was wondering what to hold the pressure switch on with. I tried asking around on another forum but got nothing helpful. This seems so obvious I feel like I should've thought of it myself.

My rifle:
Cop Talk
Chinese SKS
Tapco 20rd mag
Barrel attached quad rail
Bipod
Folding stock

She ain't much but our office can't buy everyone a patrol rifle so we're allowed carry a wide range of guns as long as we can qualify. I got this well-used at a gun show, put in a new spring-loaded firing pin and added the small quad rail and bipod. The laser I'm waiting for is 100mw green, daytime visible. I could probly just shine it in a perp's eyes and not have to shoot him.
For anyone thinking it, the bipod isn't overkill- I've already been to one standoff where a bipod would've been super fantastic. I laid in the guy's back yard for a couple hours covering a rear window during negotiations.
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:10   #134
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

You become a bit more badass everytime you post. An SKS patrol rifle. I frikken LOVE IT!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:16   #135
pal2511

Thats so sweet. I would rock a sks rifle if it was reliable. If the Chief would let us that is. He flipped out once when someone brought in an ak47 to show me that I was thinking about buying.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17   #136
pal2511

So when I purchase my sbr lower I need to get it from a class 3 dealer or someone that deals in sbrs? Do I need to buy an upper at the same time or can I wait?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17   #137
pal2511

That or can I just take the lower I already have and register it as a sbr at a class 3 dealer
Old 08-23-2011, 09:31   #138
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Did Gecko decide to pepper the threads this week? I can't tell if the SKS thing is real or not.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:35   #139
Sparkster
HeroHolstersLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Did Gecko decide to pepper the threads this week? I can't tell if the SKS thing is real or not.

Real. Trust me if I had the $,$$$ to throw at a new AR15 I would do it yesterday. We get paid very little compared to the wider Ohio LE market. I can spend a few hundred on a gun and put a toy on it here and there but right now that's about it. As for reliability, the spring loaded firing pin will go a long way in helping with that.
Old 08-23-2011, 13:46   #140
Landric
Supervisor?

Send a message via AIM to Landric
My currently issued patrol rifle, a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. After much begging I was allowed to add an Ultimak rail and Aimpoint. I'm the only officer in the department currently authorized to use an optic on his patrol rifle. We have two guys with scoped .308 Remington 700s that have been to sniper school. Those are currently the only other optics on rifles in the department. We are rumored to be getting AR type rifles later this year. If that happens I expect the policy on optics to open up some as well.

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle
Ultimak Rail
Aimpoint CompC SM in Aimpoint QRP2 mount
Buttstock Magazine carrier with spare 20 round magazine
Sling of Unknown Origin that was on the rifle when it was issued to me
Mon: Do you carry chambered?, Tue: Can a cop write a ticket without his hat?, Wed: Should I carry a spare mag?, Thurs: I got stopped without "probably cause"., Fri: Will there be a Glock Carbine?, Sat: Why the GAP hate?, Sun: I hate the GAP.
Landric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 21:14   #141
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Real. Trust me if I had the $,$$$ to throw at a new AR15 I would do it yesterday. We get paid very little compared to the wider Ohio LE market. I can spend a few hundred on a gun and put a toy on it here and there but right now that's about it. As for reliability, the spring loaded firing pin will go a long way in helping with that.
Ah hell, I do understand that but I just ate a lot of Top Ramen on duty to squeeze some pennies. Same sort of boat here for pay. Thank the lord and lady for a great accountant at tax time. All those parts, ammo and related costs add up.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:49   #142
Agent6-3/8

My issued AR with my last department was a plain jane M&P 15. Optics and light were a no-no.

Here's my personal AR that I built myself.

BCM upper
Stripped M&P lower with DD internals
Troy drop-in battle rail
Magpul furniture
Troy folding rear sight
Sling is a Magpul MS2 that I'm running as a 2 point in a slightly unconventional way.
Optic is a Primary Arms micro red dot. I've been very inpressed with this optic, especially considering the price. For my purposes its all I need.

If this rifle ever ends up as a duty weapon, I'll spring for a real Aimpoint Micro and add a light.

Cop Talk
Old 08-24-2011, 12:55   #143
Foxtrotx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster View Post
I have a laser on order and was wondering what to hold the pressure switch on with. I tried asking around on another forum but got nothing helpful. This seems so obvious I feel like I should've thought of it myself.

My rifle:
Cop Talk
Chinese SKS
Tapco 20rd mag
Barrel attached quad rail
Bipod
Folding stock

She ain't much but our office can't buy everyone a patrol rifle so we're allowed carry a wide range of guns as long as we can qualify. I got this well-used at a gun show, put in a new spring-loaded firing pin and added the small quad rail and bipod. The laser I'm waiting for is 100mw green, daytime visible. I could probly just shine it in a perp's eyes and not have to shoot him.
For anyone thinking it, the bipod isn't overkill- I've already been to one standoff where a bipod would've been super fantastic. I laid in the guy's back yard for a couple hours covering a rear window during negotiations.
Freaking epic. Is the Mosin your BUG?

Eagle Scout.
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 14:16   #144
JTipper.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landric View Post
My currently issued patrol rifle, a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. After much begging I was allowed to add an Ultimak rail and Aimpoint. I'm the only officer in the department currently authorized to use an optic on his patrol rifle. We have two guys with scoped .308 Remington 700s that have been to sniper school. Those are currently the only other optics on rifles in the department. We are rumored to be getting AR type rifles later this year. If that happens I expect the policy on optics to open up some as well.

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle
Ultimak Rail
Aimpoint CompC SM in Aimpoint QRP2 mount
Buttstock Magazine carrier with spare 20 round magazine
Sling of Unknown Origin that was on the rifle when it was issued to me
Yep, my next project is to trick out my old Mini. I figured on an Amega Ranges scout rail, a mini RDS, a small Surefire light and repalce my laminate stock for a Houge. Just to drive the AR guys nuts!
Old 08-24-2011, 14:31   #145
Sparkster
HeroHolstersLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster View Post
Cop Talk
Laser came today.
Now I just need to get over to my friend's house and get it lined up on his 100yd bench.

Cop Talk
Cop Talk

I tried to photograph the beam but it required a little more setup with the camera than I thought and sometimes I'm not patient. I may try again tonight after dark. I did shine it at some trees about 70yds away and the dot was plenty visible.

Edit for night time laser beam photo:
f/3.5
18mm
18 sec exposure
ISO-400
Cop Talk

Last edited by Sparkster; 08-24-2011 at 19:18..
Old 08-24-2011, 19:20   #146
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

anybody have any experience with pelican rifle cases? i'll be keeping my Colt 6920 in the trunk and these look like pretty solid cases. Looking at 1700 vs 1720, any help appreciated!
Old 08-24-2011, 21:14   #147
Kahr_Glockman

Pelicans are some of the best cases on the market. Other options for around the same money, are Starlight, and Hardigg Storm.

I personally like the Starlight cases. They are almost freakin bullet proof, and besides Ted Nugent use one.(Probably more than one.)

I worked at a rifle shop for almost a year, and we stocked Starlight cases. The customer support was awesome.

Quick story, we had a case shipped to the shop that FedEx DROPPED OUT OF AN AIRPLANE!!!! Some of the hinges sheared off, case was beat all to hell, the latches were broken. Just in general messed up. The gun was damaged but mostly cosmetics.

Starlight was so concerned that they wanted detailed pictures of how the case failed. Top notch customer service. Best in the business, period. Had it been any other case, I am sure that the gun would have been completely destroyed. Like I said, great folks.
Quote:
Roering
Trying to fight the police off is one thing. Trying to do it while naked takes real commitment.
Kahr_Glockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 21:15   #148
Kahr_Glockman

Starlight makes a smaller case for M4s. Should cost around $200.

Well I said that and found that they no longer make the 28" model. Sorry.
Quote:
Roering
Trying to fight the police off is one thing. Trying to do it while naked takes real commitment.

Last edited by Kahr_Glockman; 08-24-2011 at 21:18..
Kahr_Glockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:34   #149
Denikes

Send a message via AIM to Denikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
anybody have any experience with pelican rifle cases? i'll be keeping my Colt 6920 in the trunk and these look like pretty solid cases. Looking at 1700 vs 1720, any help appreciated!
I just bought a 1720 with the pick and pluck foam. The case is heavy, but I'm fairly sure the case will outlive me. The quality and craftsmanship is damn impressive.
Denikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:41   #150
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denikes View Post
I just bought a 1720 with the pick and pluck foam. The case is heavy, but I'm fairly sure the case will outlive me. The quality and craftsmanship is damn impressive.
how does the pick and pluck work? from what i saw on their sight you draw an outline and the foam is already cut into cubes?