Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-21-2011, 13:21   #121
AZLawDawg
Oh, Oh, Oh!!

The only thing we're allowed to change are the optics and rails ( and those have to be approved ), nothing else.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:41   #122
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

kind of off topic, but what type of sling does everyone use? I run a 1 point on my shotgun and like it a lot, i see a lot of Ar's have 2 point slings. Just wondering what everyone likes/has good experience with
Old 08-22-2011, 11:17   #123
Gangrel

2 point blue force gear quick adjust sling. Attached at the very front and very back of the receiver so it straps tight, centered on my chest.
Gangrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 13:04   #124
Bodyarmorguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel View Post
2 point blue force gear quick adjust sling. Attached at the very front and very back of the receiver so it straps tight, centered on my chest.
+1 for the Blue Force Gear padded sling. However, I attach the forward end of the sling on the port side rail as far back as I could, gives me more adjustability.
Bodyarmorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 14:56   #125
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

PR-1 has a Tactical Link X360 SP. PR-2 has a Tactical Link bungee SP in a side plate. PR-3 is a VTAC two point. I'm starting to rotate back to two point slings again.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 15:28   #126
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

I went from a Rocky Mountain Tactical single point and vest mount single point (Delta), to an SKD Tactical P.I.G. MK-I padded. Now, I'm trying a Magpul MS2 with the pad from my MK1 to try a two point again.

https://www.rockymountaintactical.net/

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG_Drop_Slide..._p/pig.110.htm

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG501/100
Old 08-22-2011, 18:28   #127
pal2511

Send a message via AIM to pal2511
Vtac 2 padded sling from dsgarms.com
Old 08-22-2011, 18:29   #128
pal2511

IF you get an sbr do you have to keep the upper permanently on the lower? Can you register the lower and switch out sbr tops?
Old 08-22-2011, 20:34   #129
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by pal2511 View Post
IF you get an sbr do you have to keep the upper permanently on the lower? Can you register the lower and switch out sbr tops?
Yes; you can switch out SBR uppers; you just can't put an SBR upper on a non-SBR lower. You have a hundred uppers for one lower, but you can only put them on that one lower.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 22:53   #130
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

V-TAC two point padded for me. Really like it.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 23:54   #131
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Yes; you can switch out SBR uppers; you just can't put an SBR upper on a non-SBR lower. You have a hundred uppers for one lower, but you can only put them on that one lower.
The good thing for me with the Sig is that the Upper is the registered part - the reverse of the AR. Therefore, if I did do an SBR on my upper, I'd have to really do some converting to screw things up and become illegal...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:11   #132
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm View Post
The good thing for me with the Sig is that the Upper is the registered part - the reverse of the AR. Therefore, if I did do an SBR on my upper, I'd have to really do some converting to screw things up and become illegal...
Yeah, but that's only ONE SBR upper, then; you can't switch them out with different barrel lengths nearly as easily!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:39   #133
Sparkster
HeroHolstersLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootindave View Post
My pressure switch is held on with super-tactical bicycle inner-tube. Dont mess with what works.
- Dave
I have a laser on order and was wondering what to hold the pressure switch on with. I tried asking around on another forum but got nothing helpful. This seems so obvious I feel like I should've thought of it myself.

My rifle:
Cop Talk
Chinese SKS
Tapco 20rd mag
Barrel attached quad rail
Bipod
Folding stock

She ain't much but our office can't buy everyone a patrol rifle so we're allowed carry a wide range of guns as long as we can qualify. I got this well-used at a gun show, put in a new spring-loaded firing pin and added the small quad rail and bipod. The laser I'm waiting for is 100mw green, daytime visible. I could probly just shine it in a perp's eyes and not have to shoot him.
For anyone thinking it, the bipod isn't overkill- I've already been to one standoff where a bipod would've been super fantastic. I laid in the guy's back yard for a couple hours covering a rear window during negotiations.
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:10   #134
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

You become a bit more badass everytime you post. An SKS patrol rifle. I frikken LOVE IT!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:16   #135
pal2511

Thats so sweet. I would rock a sks rifle if it was reliable. If the Chief would let us that is. He flipped out once when someone brought in an ak47 to show me that I was thinking about buying.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17   #136
pal2511

So when I purchase my sbr lower I need to get it from a class 3 dealer or someone that deals in sbrs? Do I need to buy an upper at the same time or can I wait?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17   #137
pal2511

That or can I just take the lower I already have and register it as a sbr at a class 3 dealer
Old 08-23-2011, 09:31   #138
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Did Gecko decide to pepper the threads this week? I can't tell if the SKS thing is real or not.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:35   #139
Sparkster
HeroHolstersLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Did Gecko decide to pepper the threads this week? I can't tell if the SKS thing is real or not.

Real. Trust me if I had the $,$$$ to throw at a new AR15 I would do it yesterday. We get paid very little compared to the wider Ohio LE market. I can spend a few hundred on a gun and put a toy on it here and there but right now that's about it. As for reliability, the spring loaded firing pin will go a long way in helping with that.
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 13:46   #140
Landric
Supervisor?

Send a message via AIM to Landric
My currently issued patrol rifle, a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. After much begging I was allowed to add an Ultimak rail and Aimpoint. I'm the only officer in the department currently authorized to use an optic on his patrol rifle. We have two guys with scoped .308 Remington 700s that have been to sniper school. Those are currently the only other optics on rifles in the department. We are rumored to be getting AR type rifles later this year. If that happens I expect the policy on optics to open up some as well.

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle
Ultimak Rail
Aimpoint CompC SM in Aimpoint QRP2 mount
Buttstock Magazine carrier with spare 20 round magazine
Sling of Unknown Origin that was on the rifle when it was issued to me
Mon: Do you carry chambered?, Tue: Can a cop write a ticket without his hat?, Wed: Should I carry a spare mag?, Thurs: I got stopped without "probably cause"., Fri: Will there be a Glock Carbine?, Sat: Why the GAP hate?, Sun: I hate the GAP.
Landric is offline   Reply With Quote