Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:33   #41
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post
You do have to call for the discount. You have to have a .mil, .us, or .gov email address though. My primary one is a .org so I couldn't do it. They have since added a .us and .gov email address and I just haven't called them back yet.
Well that counts me out...we have a .org.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:04   #42
hikerpaddler

Send a message via AIM to hikerpaddler
Interesting. I know a couple of agencies with dot orgs.
Old 07-23-2011, 00:31   #43
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

That rules out LAPD and LASD as well, they are both .org and LA School Police is a .com while I have been with a .org, a .net, and 2 .us agencies.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:32   #44
xsiv4s
CLM Number B
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Rocky Portlands resemble the classic Danner Acadias pretty closely, but cost about $100 less per pair. I have both, and for the money, I prefer the Rockys. Of course, you do get what you pay for. I have two pairs of Rocky Portlands, both of which are on their second set of soles (and yes, they can be resoled), and after five years of wear, they are still good boots. Plus, working in Corrections or Detention, you may have to pass through a metal detector. I don't know about the Danners because I have not worn them in years, but the Rocky Portlands will not set our metal detector off. This can be a huge plus in itself. ****** has good prices, and I hear their customer service is better these days. I would at least check their pricing.

Here's a photo and a sample price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-ROCKY-Portl...item7dbc9ddd33
Anyone can sell products with 90-95% customer satisfaction (even ******). It is how you deal with the other 5-10% that tells you a lot about a company. I’ve been in sales and customer service most of my life and I have never seen a company as bad as ****** in fulfilling their commitments and dealing with problems they create. Here is a small excerpt from one of half a dozen emails I have sent them over the last 2 months:
1. The first case was purchased and paid for very quickly. There was a significant delay in shipping and something of a delay after it was said to have been shipped.
2. The second case was held because the online salesperson wanted a form filled out and faxed in. This was a repeat purchase of an identical item, but I went ahead and filled out the form.
3. The third case arrived today. It was very odd that it came in a UPS Express box rather than the actual manufacturer’s case as before, once I got inside I realized why. This was a customer return from Mark H. in Clinton, Mississippi. Not only is it a customer return which would make anyone wary, when I opened the box it contained only nine boxes of ammunition instead of ten. Ammo is perhaps the most critical component for a firearm and apparently this came in to ****** and was shipped back out without anyone even opening the box???

The bottom line is, a company doesn’t get a mountain of bad press for no reason. In ******’s case, they work diligently to earn every piece of bad feedback they get.
xsiv4s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
altama, black, boots, corrections, duty