GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 19:27   #351
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud
 
SCSU74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Northwoods
Posts: 2,026
But it has FAILED under extreme circumstances for testing by S.O.C.O.M., S.E.A.L.S.,

False. Glock had never failed military testing. The youtube video does not follow military testing guidelines. The video shows an idiot firing 1,000 rds non-stop w/ people handing him loaded mags. In military testing you shoot 200 rds., break the gun down clean it, lube it and continue on.

For example S.E.A.L. Team #6 has just adopted the HK 45C as their sidearm.

False again. They carry Sig P226R's. Good try though.

And you can shoot lead bullets out of theirs while you cannot with Glock.

Because the barrels are rifled differently...

And rapid fire sessions with a Glock of 500 rounds or more within a short time period have melted the firing pin channel liner which had to be replaced.

Yet another false statement. Glock responded to this video by adding a chemical to all non-metal parts so that this video can never be duplicated. all new guide rods are stamped with an "I"

Maybe if you make your post longer next time there will actually be some truth to what you are saying. But until then....
__________________
In Valor There is Hope
SCSU74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 21:01   #352
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,872
Wvladimire, my friend!

Are you by chance a former poster using the name of kygunsmith or something
like that?

Your "approach" at finding fault with any certain firearm sounds strangely
familiar from other websites?

If I'm right, You've taken potshots at HK pistols recently and was banned
for it?

Who are you?
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 22:38   #353
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud
 
SCSU74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Northwoods
Posts: 2,026
Probably just a troll that enjoys starting arguments and posting information he read elsewhere on the internet
__________________
In Valor There is Hope
SCSU74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 00:45   #354
DogRomeo
Member
 
DogRomeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC, finally home from Baghdad
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvladimire View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YqcvuRRggM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDfNV9bJoSg

And your point? I can dig up two to three AD for Glock for every one on a 1911.
My point? You didn't say ***** about my entire 1st post, then when I threw that link up after you used that as an escape to not address a thing I pointed out. I did so with respect the 1st time, even though you didn't deserve it.
Oh, by the way, I certainly did NOT "dig it up". It was right on my facebook homepage! I laughed then c&p it since it was obviously appropriate. If you can't make your point, take constructive criticism, accept when others have a point while still holding onto yours, then this site isn't for you. Troll elsewhere.
__________________
OIF 09-10
ACTA NON VERBA
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools. -Thucydides
CURRAHEE!
DogRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:35   #355
DogRomeo
Member
 
DogRomeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC, finally home from Baghdad
Posts: 76
https://www.facebook.com/TGSCOM
__________________
OIF 09-10
ACTA NON VERBA
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools. -Thucydides
CURRAHEE!
DogRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:31   #356
Wvladimire
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH.
Posts: 47
I was in error, the Israeli Commando's carry a glock pistol, but not the 21.
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 19:30   #357
KevinFACE
Senior Member
 
KevinFACE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 962
For the average day to day person, a Glock or any other gun is going to suit them just fine. I don't know too many of us in civilization that are gonna get caught in extreme sand conditions and need to fire 200 rounds or more.

Exceptions are the military and police (but besides extreme situations, how man police have had to fire 200 rounds)
KevinFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 19:59   #358
Wvladimire
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH.
Posts: 47
No I have not been banned from the H&K forum.
Nor have I taken potshots at the H&K pistol.
H&K make the finest handguns on the planet.
Sig follows second.

As far as the S.E.A.Ls, you are wrong, just announced
To the public in Tactical Life, is the whole
story about them adopting the H&K 45C with
threaded barrel.

The you tube video was the 1,000 round torture
Test, which showed the guide rod melt & fly out
the front of the gun. And it shows how the
Trigger gets mushy and gritty after firing
more than 200 rounds rapidly.

The public document I listed sows the recent
tests from Homeland security, that sowed
the failures of all pistols tested. Flock, was one
of those pistols with failures.

But as I said, I can list all sorts of sources
to the shortcomings of Glock and other pistols.
But the fanatics will only believe what they
want to believe, despite the facts.
Glock is simple design, built on the cheap, and
marketed very well. Metal, machined parts are
more durable than plastic or polymer.
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:23   #359
RedRyder21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 152
This thread is not about S.E.A.L.S. of HK's or any of that non-sense. Its about one man trying to see how much abuse his Glock can take.

Its pretty sad someone's life is so pathetic they have to come to a Glock forum and tell a bunch of Glock fans how much Glock sucks!

Lets try and not get this thread locked!
RedRyder21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:50   #360
ArizonaPhil
Member
 
ArizonaPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunny Arizona
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvladimire View Post
I don't know of any elite unit in either the military or law enforcement that uses a Glock. Although the Ohio DR&C has just upgraded their sidearms from S&W 38's to either the Glock 20 or 22 in 40 S&W but the DR&C are about 15 years behind the times equipment wise.
Delta is using the Glock 22 with 165 gr. ammo.

Triple Canopy, a private security company founded by former Delta guys use the Glock 19.

The majority of law enforcement organizations use Glocks.
__________________
G17 Gen3, G19 Gen4, G26 Gen4
Sold: G21 Gen2, G21 Gen3, G22 Gen3, G27 Gen3, G36 Gen3
ArizonaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:07   #361
IT0
Senior Member
 
IT0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,072
bigbore,

Thanks for the post and pictures, it was a very enjoyable read. I have to say those details and pictures say more than anything else I have read here today.

If you come up with more, please share.
IT0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:34   #362
Wvladimire
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH.
Posts: 47
No, it's pretty pathetic that fanatics have no common sense. Cannot look at this test cynically and see that some parts are clearly nonsense and unbelievable. I sourced public documents and videos that can bee seen by anyone, and even one of the public documents is not mainly about glock, but lists the failures of glock pistols during testing against S&W and Sig. Yet the fanatics cannot be reasoned with and won't believe the evidence right before their eyes.

Glock is not the be all end all of pistol designs. It has it's shortcomings and weaknesses just like others. It has a major marketing campaign that says they are the best, when they are not. The main selling feature of the Glock to police departments was, that it was cheaper than the Sig and better, because it did not have the weakness of the mainspring or hammer spring being covered by a screwed on polymer grip. If that grip chipped or cracked, departments were told, even though the pistol could be fired, albeit a little difficult to not pinch your hand when doing so. It was marketed that the Glock with it's solid polymer grip frame was better. After years of use in my state, the departments are switching back to Sigs and Smith & Wesson, because of too many so called, "user error misfires."

The facts are there, ignore them if you wish, but there are better pistols out there. I was a huge Glock fan at one time, but when I actually detailed stripped the pistol, and saw how cheaply it was made on the inside, my rose colored glasses were lifted. I have named the cheaply made parts earlier that melt. How do I know this, from experience. Why do I question the test, and take some things about it with a grain of salt, because I was not there, and know that all surveys and tests are curved to support the facts. The biggest red flag for me, was the drop test from the airplane. The pistol was buried up to the grip in mud. And the tester simply pulled the gun out, made sure the chamber was clear, and fired it. Now gravity is gravity, and mud is mud, it was not dry dirt, and you want me to believe that the bore was not filled with debris??? No way, I don't believe it, and will not believe it, because that goes completely against reality and real life experience. Those who do not question that, are just plain zombies. Continue to drink your government Kool-Aid, be good little zombies, and do not question authority.

***Or better yet, try the test yourself, from a step ladder, and drop your unloaded pistol in the mud. Do it 10 times, a 100 times, a 1,000 times or less, and tell me that you got no debris in the bore with any of the drops.*** Simple as that, do the test before you attack, demean, and ridicule me. If not, then you show that you do not think on your own, and are a good little zombie.
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:26   #363
BOOSTED12A
sequestered!
 
BOOSTED12A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: tornado alley, gloucester va.
Posts: 370
that dose it. mythbusters needs to step in right now!
__________________
DOUBBLE O ZERO G21
Ak Klub# 1377
BOOSTED12A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:34   #364
whiskerz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: ,ga. usa
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvladimire View Post
Source, youtube video of Glock 1,000 round torture test, search it or are you too lazy?
No S.E.A.L. team six, the news said they were the ones who took out Bin Laden. Also article in Blue Press magazine June edition and public record search.
Failures for Glock from Homeland Security testing, public document # B-402339.3

But it doesn't matter what I source to the failures of this pistol, because you will believe what you want to believe and not believe the shortcomings of this pistol.


Please provide a link to this document an internet search finds the only place it exsist is in this thread. I searched and could not locate this on the Homeland security website as well. I realize it may be secret squirrel secret but I have a acorn clearance


which issue of Blue press ?


I could not find the troll icon to post for you but let me call you one now.

also in another post you mentioned a Glock 20 in .40s&w . a 20 is 10mm
__________________
VANCE GREER U.S.M.C. 66-69/VIETNAM 66-67" <SEMPERFI66@q.com is a bad buyer from Glocktalk . avoid him at all cost pm for info
whiskerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:10   #365
MaximG23
Junior Member
 
MaximG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvladimire View Post
No, it's pretty pathetic that fanatics have no common sense. Cannot look at this test cynically and see that some parts are clearly nonsense and unbelievable. I sourced public documents and videos that can bee seen by anyone, and even one of the public documents is not mainly about glock, but lists the failures of glock pistols during testing against S&W and Sig. Yet the fanatics cannot be reasoned with and won't believe the evidence right before their eyes.

Glock is not the be all end all of pistol designs. It has it's shortcomings and weaknesses just like others. It has a major marketing campaign that says they are the best, when they are not. The main selling feature of the Glock to police departments was, that it was cheaper than the Sig and better, because it did not have the weakness of the mainspring or hammer spring being covered by a screwed on polymer grip. If that grip chipped or cracked, departments were told, even though the pistol could be fired, albeit a little difficult to not pinch your hand when doing so. It was marketed that the Glock with it's solid polymer grip frame was better. After years of use in my state, the departments are switching back to Sigs and Smith & Wesson, because of too many so called, "user error misfires."

The facts are there, ignore them if you wish, but there are better pistols out there. I was a huge Glock fan at one time, but when I actually detailed stripped the pistol, and saw how cheaply it was made on the inside, my rose colored glasses were lifted. I have named the cheaply made parts earlier that melt. How do I know this, from experience. Why do I question the test, and take some things about it with a grain of salt, because I was not there, and know that all surveys and tests are curved to support the facts. The biggest red flag for me, was the drop test from the airplane. The pistol was buried up to the grip in mud. And the tester simply pulled the gun out, made sure the chamber was clear, and fired it. Now gravity is gravity, and mud is mud, it was not dry dirt, and you want me to believe that the bore was not filled with debris??? No way, I don't believe it, and will not believe it, because that goes completely against reality and real life experience. Those who do not question that, are just plain zombies. Continue to drink your government Kool-Aid, be good little zombies, and do not question authority.

***Or better yet, try the test yourself, from a step ladder, and drop your unloaded pistol in the mud. Do it 10 times, a 100 times, a 1,000 times or less, and tell me that you got no debris in the bore with any of the drops.*** Simple as that, do the test before you attack, demean, and ridicule me. If not, then you show that you do not think on your own, and are a good little zombie.
What I find pathetic is you, on the other hand after all of this, I still went ahead and bought me a G23.
MaximG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 17:16   #366
bigbore
Senior Member
 
bigbore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 357
I haven't posted any updates in a long time, because I don't have much to say. I still shoot this 21 on a regular basis, and it just keep going. I ended up throwing away a couple warn out magazines, but the 21 is still performing like day one; had a good day at the range with it today.
Valuable Info
__________________
http://www.adcofirearms.com
bigbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 16:25   #367
DonM
Member
 
DonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 47
testing

So what's the point? Been done many times before.
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 19:19   #368
ruthlessFF
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Indy
Posts: 2,131
thanks for all the updates BigBore. It really is amazing all the things it went through. I hope you continue to post about this from time to time. At the very least it's a good link I can send when someone tells me how much superior a different manufacturer is.
__________________
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. Thomas Jefferson

I don't support anybody, but I'll tell you how bad your candidate is.(with conjecture of course)
ruthlessFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:11   #369
Varn
Junior Member
 
Varn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7
This confirms that i have made a good decision in getting a glock as my first gun!
Varn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:49   #370
kevin 45
Roll Tide y'all
 
kevin 45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NW Alabama
Posts: 4
Seems to be almost as reliable as an anvil. Good work bigbore !
kevin 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:44   #371
Rancho_Nirvana
X 1911 Addict
 
Rancho_Nirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A Republic if you will keep it...
Posts: 262
I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21...

Thx Big Bore, use your thread as a reference tool frequently, ended a lot of what otherwise would have been long winded nonsense... lol ;-)

Facts are stubborn things indeed!
__________________
3rd Gen G19 / 3rd Gen G21
21 Club #1642

GSSF IDPA

Rancho_Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 23:20   #372
CR500
Member
 
CR500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 29
I also have a G21. never ONCE had a problem! awesome thread.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CR500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 18:08   #373
JBelew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Farmington, AR
Posts: 12
Any news? I loved the 21sf I carried on duty. This 21 got to be used exactly what it was made for and then some. Awesome
JBelew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:37   #374
MSW
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 905
Blog Entries: 1
[QUOTE=Wvladimire;17586731]Even the Austrian military for whom the pistol was designed for does not carry a Glock, they use a Sig.

WHOA! - that's not true. I just got back Austria (2 weeks ago) and the Austrian Military all were carrying the military version of the large frame 9mm's. I talked to the soldiers and they seemed happy with them.

"a man who fired his Glock 17 underwater in his swimming pool has gone deaf in one ear and lost sight in one eye because of the gun blowing up form water obstructing the bore."

WHOA! - I'm sure someone has used a Glock to blow his brains out and kill someone but this is reason (like firing a Glock underwater) to not carry one?

Also any Glock that is subjected to a constant firing of 500 rounds or more in a short period of time, will have to have the trigger mechanism, trigger reset spring, and disconnector replaced as these and other parts will melt and warp due to the extreme heat inside the pistol while firing.

WHOA! - not sure what you mean by "constant" firing of 500 rounds or more - but I took my son's Boy Scout troop out (with about 20 extra mags that were loaned by other folks on my department) and these young men fired my Glock 22 about 1500 rounds+ One Glock, 10 boys (2 mags each- shoot your two mags, go the back of the line, reload, and shoot them when you're turn came up). I had two NRA range instructors with me to supervise the shooting part, I supervised the reloading.

We had multiple target stations so we only changed targets 1/2 through.

I'm also afraid to admit that about 1/2 of the rounds were lead reloads (oh, no! - loaded on a Dillion) and we had no issues or problems. So we'd fired about 750 rounds almost non stop with no issues. We then fired another 750 rounds with no issues.

After the session, I showed the guys how to clean the pistol.

So, while I have a couple of SIGS, a whole bunch of Colt .45 - I'm not buying that Glocks fall apart when someone shoots 500 rounds through one.
MSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 20:30   #375
Fuzzyhead
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 23
Very Cool Tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbore View Post
I haven't posted any updates in a long time, because I don't have much to say. I still shoot this 21 on a regular basis, and it just keep going. I ended up throwing away a couple warn out magazines, but the 21 is still performing like day one; had a good day at the range with it today.
Valuable Info
Very cool tests. Thanks for sharing with us. It was pretty fun reading all the stuff yout threw at the gun. I bet Gaston Glock had no idea how good his product was/would become.

Pretty cool.
Fuzzyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:40.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,185
356 Members
829 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42