SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-07-2011, 21:46   #41
Chevytruckin98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
I look around and saw our grunt battalions and they are overwhelmingly (90%+) white.

I would say that many number signed up as contract 0300's as well.

Why don't minorities ever volunteer for combat units?

I am positive you are an East Coast Marine. If you have ever been to Pendleton...you would not be saying that.

U.S.M.C. Uncle Sam's Mexican Connection
Old 03-07-2011, 22:06   #42
Markasaurus

What a crock.
These same "white guys" are the skilled and extremely competent ones that crushed Saddam's military in two wars with incredibly low American casualties. Yet the morons doing this "study" think the military needs to be more "diverse".

I guess all the lessons of history have been completely lost on anyone under 50. There was another group of ALL WHITE guys that conquered Western Europe and half of Russia, and crushed every enemy in their path with ridiculous ease, for quite some time. You know who they were - THE GERMANS. Talk multi-culturism all you want, there's no arguing with results, although it's possible to completely ignore it (as the idiots doing this study are doing.)

Study the history of "multi-cultural" armies - disasters all of them. Rome fell when the Romans began granting citizenship, and officer posts in the army, to thousands of non-Romans. After that it was just a matter of time, since these "new romans" whether soldier or civilian, gave their primary allegiance to their tribe and their first culture - not to Rome.

We are the new Roman empire, and our downfall is not going to take nearly as long as theirs did. I give this country 100 to 200 years longer as a major power at most. We're already well on our way to third-world status, perhaps because we are being led by people who are essentially THIRD-WORLDERS.

Last edited by Markasaurus; 03-07-2011 at 22:07..
Markasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 22:22   #43
Buriedbreathing

Have a look at Detroit. I hate that commercial with the 200 whatever. What a peice of s**t. This is what we have become.
Old 03-07-2011, 23:39   #44
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markasaurus View Post
I give this country 100 to 200 years longer as a major power at most.
Thats very generous. I'd say we have several decades at the most. This house of cards is so top-heavy, and the severity of the decline is, in my estimation, increasing at an exponential rate. I agree with you, that our fall will be faster than Rome's. I think it'll be quite sudden in comparison. Rome lasted for what? 700 years? We're not even going to last 300. With the huge population, the wealth, and the technology, we've burned quickly, like a very bright star.
Old 03-11-2011, 21:53   #45
shellster
Locked & Loaded

Forgive my ignorance, lefties, but I was always under the opinion that the goal of the military was to form a homogeneous fighting force; to think and fight as a "unit". Also, to be the most effective fighting unit possible.

This would seem to be the opposite of recognizing diversity and promoting because of diversity reasons.
Old 07-05-2011, 18:14   #46
RetDet

Send a message via AIM to RetDet
Markasaurus, before you run your mouth about the efficacy of racially pure armies, you should probably learn a bit about the Tuskegee Airmen and the 442 in WWII (most highly decorated unit in the war), and about the so-called Buffalo Soldiers.

You sound to me like an American Nazi who is woefully ignorant regarding military history but needs to babble anyway. Go buy a history book, hoss.