SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-26-2011, 19:31   #21
gsmullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNG-G19 View Post
I just saw this today in a utube video. Im thinking of grabbing one, Ive been considering it for some time now. Just wondered what you guys thought about it. I checked out the link it is 50% off and free shipping and a few other goodies he says. KZ Scorpion Pen or something, what ever that is.. lol

Is the twist mount good to go, thumbs up, thumbs down??

Here is the link and the video -

Sale Linky

video link

cross posted thread, here and arf just to get more opinions, thanks
Either setup will require storage space on your rig if dismounted from the rifle, but flip-to-side can remain mounted but out of the sighting plane until needed, and change of position is instantaneous.

Don't know from what you're starting, or your budget, but another great alternative - also from ****** - is the EOTech XPS2 holosight *and* 3X magnifier with flip-mount for $904. That's the setup I have, and it just flat works.

Thomas
gsmullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:24   #22
LUNG-G19
MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

got the tracking info today - should be here soon
Old 06-28-2011, 09:50   #23
bullet3z

Not a big ****** fan but that does look like a pretty good deal. For the paper killers out there the twist mount looks like a pretty good option. If you do not need the 3x just take it off and leave it with your gear. When you are ready for distance put it back on.
bullet3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21   #24
Captains1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNG-G19 View Post
you talking about the flip to the side mount? Id like to hear your thoughts/reasons. Seems like it would flop around
Clearly you have no experience with LaRue mounts.....
Captains1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 22:43   #25
LUNG-G19
MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
Clearly you have no experience with LaRue mounts.....
Clearly your post has nothing to contribute to this thread.. Thanks for the well thought out clarification. I wanted to know why he thought LaRue made a pivot mount. I expected him to come back with a profit comment. And clearly his post, just as yours was a "hey idiot" comment anyway.. Like people are suppose to just wake up in the morning with the tactical knowledge of parts that apparently you have been blessed with.

God I love GT, Have a great HUMP DAY!!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14   #26
surf

I guess I am a little opposite. I really don't like the weight of the added magnifier and wouldn't run one mounted full time anyway. I do have an EoTech flip to the side and an XPS but it isn't my working rifle nor would I want that set up on my working weapon. I would think that if I ran a magnifier set up I would keep it detached from the rifle and only mount it if needed. I cannot see needing that quick of a flip access for my uses. Man sized hits with the EoTech is doable enough out to 500+, but realistically I would never fall into that category. If I needed magnification for more precision or perhaps observation, I am quite sure I would have the time to mount it or just use it like a monocular.

Again, I am not a fan of a magnifier on my battle type carbine anyway, but that is just my own preferences that suits my particular uses. I will also say that I like the glass better on the Aimpoint magnifier than on my latest gen EoTech.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:39   #27
LUNG-G19
MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
I guess I am a little opposite. I really don't like the weight of the added magnifier and wouldn't run one mounted full time anyway. I do have an EoTech flip to the side and an XPS but it isn't my working rifle nor would I want that set up on my working weapon. I would think that if I ran a magnifier set up I would keep it detached from the rifle and only mount it if needed. I cannot see needing that quick of a flip access for my uses. Man sized hits with the EoTech is doable enough out to 500+, but realistically I would never fall into that category. If I needed magnification for more precision or perhaps observation, I am quite sure I would have the time to mount it or just use it like a monocular.

Again, I am not a fan of a magnifier on my battle type carbine anyway, but that is just my own preferences that suits my particular uses. I will also say that I like the glass better on the Aimpoint magnifier than on my latest gen EoTech.
Surf that is how I feel about it myself. I don't believe it is something I will use all the time. Just an accessory that I will use from time to time. Mostly when shooting 200 and 300 yards at the range. I dont compete with the rifle it is just a fun toy that I like to run drills with. To boot that with my upper is 10.5".. lol

Tags
aimpoint, magnifier, sale