Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-17-2011, 13:51   #21
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Junes View Post
Oh, sorry if I wasn't more clear... belt... pants... same thing, right?

I actually have a great gun belt that I use with a Blackhawk Serpa, just needed a better alternative for CC during the summer months when layering clothing isn't a practical option. It looks like the Crossbreed Supertuck will be the solution I've been looking for.

After looking at the pictures it is pretty obvious how it attaches to the belt... no idea how I didn't see it!

Oh well... thanks for the response!
No, hardly the same thing.. but glad you've got it worked out.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 15:19   #22
ranburr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayaX View Post
Safariland is good quality, but I found their holsters to be terrible for concealment. Most of their holsters are also suede lined inside, which picks up dirt and moisture which can damage your gun.
r.

A lot of people make the claim about the suede damaging guns. I have used them for a number of yrs without issue. The concealment issue is directly related to which mounting system u use.
ranburr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 15:40   #23
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranburr1 View Post
A lot of people make the claim about the suede damaging guns. I have used them for a number of yrs without issue.
Totally agree.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 16:22   #24
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

If you carry it every day in an uncle mikes #5, you'll probably have to replace it in about a year.

They are fine holsters, but keep your eyes open on the interior fabric liner - my sights used to rip that up after a while and then it makes the gun stick a little - which is obviously unacceptable.
Old 06-17-2011, 19:51   #25
NYCG26

I have a few crossbreeds. Also, not sure if you guys know but if you pay an extra $25 you will get it within 2-3 days instead of 6 weeks. It's sort of a "skip the line" fee.

Last edited by NYCG26; 06-17-2011 at 19:51..
NYCG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 20:00   #26
up1911fan

You may think it's comfy or concealable now, but get back to me in a few month's.
up1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 20:37   #27
voyager4520
-----

I have the Black Hawk copy of the Uncle Mike's IWB. Honestly I don't know which company made their version first, but the two are pretty similar.

Mine is a Blackhawk nylon Inside-The-Pants size 5 for my G27. I only use it as a cargo pocket holster, and for that it works awesome. I like how thin it is and how the muzzle end is closed - great attributes for a pocket holster.
Old 06-18-2011, 16:40   #28
Old Junes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
No, hardly the same thing.. but glad you've got it worked out.
This is where a sarcasm key would be helpful. I am not nearly as lost as you seem to think. But as I said, thanks for your thoughts.
Old 06-18-2011, 17:09   #29
AngryPanda
Is he a troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post

What makes it unsafe? It covers the trigger. I still wear mine when going gym shorts or sweats. The only thing bad that I have experienced is on my fnx the safety gets turned off when adjusting it. I just check to make sure my safety is on periodically. I carry an FNX, cocked and locked safety on.
AngryPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 18:25   #30
BigJoe13

I carry G30 in an uncle mikes IWB holster. It fits the gun well, it is a chore to get the fabric to enter the trigger guard while holding the gun in the holster and trying to pull the trigger. I have used this holster for 1.5 years or so with no problems. Prior to that A Pro sized Kimber was ridding in it.

There are other more expensive options out there. Use what works for you and look for something that gives better retention for the weapon, not all choices break the bank.

Last edited by BigJoe13; 06-18-2011 at 18:26..
BigJoe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:58   #31
hikerpaddler

Send a message via AIM to hikerpaddler
Horrible holsters. Not bad for a cover in a drawer, but not suitable for carry. When I was a novice and these were all that was available, I tried one. Briefly.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:12   #32
Mattyd

The Uncle Mikes seem to wear the finish off of the gun if you use it a lot. Your gun is not that secure and it moves around inside the holster "polishing" it the whole time. My buddy bragged on his UM and how it was a bargin, until I pointed out his gun was buffed shiney.
Mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concealed carry, glock 19, holster, uncle mike's