Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:24   #7461
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
I agree. Just as if you were the recipient of a donor organ. In fact, you WERE the recipient of a donation. Greg donated his life for you to have one.

Personally, I believe that it is not the donor giving an organ to keep the recipient alive; it is the recipient using their body to keep the donated organ alive.

Therefore, rather than thinking of Greg giving his life for yours; you are giving your body to keep his life (and memory) alive.
DustyJacket this is a beautiful post. Wolfe have you considered that? You are keeping Greg's memory alive and can honor him far better than any medal or monument.

How are you feeling today? Did you get paroled yet or are you stuck in the hospital?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:33   #7462
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

I spoke briefly with Wolfe a little while ago and her doctor kept her at the hospital. From what she said the reason was precautionary as she she seems to be feeling better. I was only on the phone with her for a couple minutes before the network she curses so roundly dropped the call. She did say she will try to get online this evening her time. Please say a prayer that all is as well as it can be for her.
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 06-05-2011, 14:04   #7463
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I spoke briefly with Wolfe a little while ago and her doctor kept her at the hospital. From what she said the reason was precautionary as she she seems to be feeling better. I was only on the phone with her for a couple minutes before the network she curses so roundly dropped the call. She did say she will try to get online this evening her time. Please say a prayer that all is as well as it can be for her.
Yep, damn hajji cell phone stayed connected about 2 minutes....

Silent_Runner is right, I'm still among you. I went it with a painful breathing attack that kept getting worse, and my doc was concerned that recent repairs may not be healing well because there's no such thing as laying around and resting over here. So he decided I was going to lay down and rest whether I liked it or not, and he's got the meds to back that up. So here I am, and I'm staying tonight too. At least I'll get some much-needed sleep out of the deal. Plus the breathing attack hasn't come back today, at least not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemeinschaft View Post
EXCELLENT POST!!!

LW, the next time you are having difficulty breathing, it is ok to put down the keyboard and just sit back and relax.

Trust me, when those attacks start I do lean beack from the computer. If I'm some place where I can lay down I do that too. I try the relaxing thing and keep muscle relaxers with me 24/7 to try to ease the attacks also. Sometimes that works, other times it take more.

I'll have to address the rest of your comments later, the medic walked me over to a computer and told me I have 10 minutes. That was about 20 minutes ago, so I got to make this quick. Nite all, and thanks for the prayers.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 20:08   #7464
sawgrass

Hey LW, hopefully things are under control. You are in my thoughts.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:21   #7465
BobInTX

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.

Last edited by BobInTX; 06-06-2011 at 08:21..
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:53   #7466
gyfgyf

Hi LW,

Gentle hugs sent. Get well soon.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:09   #7467
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope you're feeling better today, that you slept well last night, and that you're sprung today.
Old 06-06-2011, 13:54   #7468
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! I hope you're feeling better today, that you slept well last night, and that you're sprung today. : hugs:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Be careful about wishing me sprung. The landing could hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,

Gentle hugs sent. Get well soon.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Thank you. back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
: wavey:
Hiya, and back. How you been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Hey LW, hopefully things are under control. You are in my thoughts.
Thanks, my friend. Got your PM, and I'm kinda wondering what a golf s*** is.

I'm OK for now, my doc paroled me for a while today to do some stuff that couldn't wait, but I'm going back shortly. He's trying a new sleep cocktail on me tonight. He told me the main reason I need to stay for a few nights is neither one of us will be here much longer and he wants to get me as far along as possible in the time left. I can't argue that, he's really done me a lot of good. I also had a session with my shrink today that I'll have to tell more about later, as my ride will be here any minute. He did mention that writing assignment again today, but I already knew he wasn't going to forget. Go to go, nite all, and your prayers and good thoughts are reaching me here. Thank you.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-06-2011, 16:02   #7469
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I'm OK for now, my doc paroled me for a while today to do some stuff that couldn't wait, but I'm going back shortly. He's trying a new sleep cocktail on me tonight. He told me the main reason I need to stay for a few nights is neither one of us will be here much longer and he wants to get me as far along as possible in the time left. I can't argue that, he's really done me a lot of good. I also had a session with my shrink today that I'll have to tell more about later, as my ride will be here any minute. He did mention that writing assignment again today, but I already knew he wasn't going to forget. Go to go, nite all, and your prayers and good thoughts are reaching me here. Thank you.
Wolfe I just have a minute to check in on you and am glad to see you are feeling better. Your doctor and our prayers have been helping you tremendously and I plan to keep them up. I only wish you could have the same doctor after you return home.
Quote:
Old 06-06-2011, 18:01   #7470
BobInTX

Quote:
Be careful about wishing me sprung. The landing could hurt.

Thank you. back.

Hiya, and back. How you been?

Thanks, my friend. Got your PM, and I'm kinda wondering what a golf s*** is.

Wolfe, she PM'd me that, too. They must make you pay for the cuss words you use on the course now, so she bought the golf s***. She replied that she couldn't afford the words she uses.

I've been okay. Last week was crazy. My daughter in-law's mother died unexpectantly Tuesday morning and our daughter had gallbladder surgery on Wednesday. We had company all week. Oh, and we got a new roof on our old house where my daughter lives the day after the surgery. And Saturday night we were fishing in our backyard with our son and grandkids. My son was throwing back a catfish and dropped it and it stabbed him in the knee with it's side fin. I had to cut the fin to get the fish off. We had to go to the ER to get it cut out, tetanus shot and Augmentin.

The house is empty and quiet tonight. The dog is moping because he misses the boys.
Old 06-06-2011, 19:25   #7471
sawgrass

oops.

I hope you were able to rest LW. I'm getting ready to have a peach daiquiri. I'll have one for you too.
Old 06-06-2011, 20:30   #7472
BobInTX

I'm glad to see you're having a good time, SG.
Old 06-06-2011, 20:52   #7473
bowbender7
Silly

Wolfe, check out the latest caption photo.. Okie fashioned a crude flying machine to fly to your coordinates and ask for your hand. He's wearing a suit too !

bowbender7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:42   #7474
23skidoo
Deceased

Restful healing sleep Sweetheart.
Old 06-07-2011, 15:37   #7475
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Restful healing sleep Sweetheart.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I won't say totally restful, but it was an improvement over the (lack of) sleep I've had lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbender7 View Post
Wolfe, check out the latest caption photo.. Okie fashioned a crude flying machine to fly to your coordinates and ask for your hand. He's wearing a suit too !
Linky please? My search-fu seems to be failing me.

Quote:
I'm glad to see you're having a good time, SG.
I am too, and I'm jealous I can join them. I'd love to meet MrsKitty and Eyescream too. Maybe someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
oops.

I hope you were able to rest LW. I'm getting ready to have a peach daiquiri. I'll have one for you too.: supergrin:
Yummmmmm. Don't feel like you have to stop at just one for me!

Quote:
Wolfe, she PM'd me that, too. They must make you pay for the cuss words you use on the course now, so she bought the golf s***. She replied that she couldn't afford the words she uses.

I've been okay. Last week was crazy. My daughter in-law's mother died unexpectantly Tuesday morning and our daughter had gallbladder surgery on Wednesday. We had company all week. Oh, and we got a new roof on our old house where my daughter lives the day after the surgery. And Saturday night we were fishing in our backyard with our son and grandkids. My son was throwing back a catfish and dropped it and it stabbed him in the knee with it's side fin. I had to cut the fin to get the fish off. We had to go to the ER to get it cut out, tetanus shot and Augmentin.

The house is empty and quiet tonight. The dog is moping because he misses the boys.
She shouldn't feel bad, I'd be so far in debt it wouldn't be funny if I had to pay for cuss words.

Wow, you had an insane week. Prayers for all of you that need it right now. Poor doggie. I've missed you around here, but I can sure see why. I sure hope things are more peaceful for you now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe I just have a minute to check in on you and am glad to see you are feeling better. Your doctor and our prayers have been helping you tremendously and I plan to keep them up. I only wish you could have the same doctor after you return home.
My doc kept me sedated all day again, then paroled me for a few hours this evening so I could do some stuff I had to. He's being smart, because the stuff I've had to do these last few days can be done at night, he's keeping me inside until the heat of the day has passed. But I was due back 15 minutes ago. He's changed up my sleep cocktail again and the one I've been on the last few days is working pretty good. I'm hoping that lasts longer than it usually does. They work good for a couple days, then not so much. My chest hasn't been screaming quite so bad, in part because I'm so doped up 10 hours out of the day right now.

I'll bet you wish I could jkeep the same shrink too, don't you? I know I do. He said yesterday that he thinks I've made miles of progress of dealing with the guilt and that what I feel is pretty normal, that it'd never go away completely. He said this after a long session of asking me questions about the subject, and getting me to edfend Greg's honor several times. He told me I'd never like the choice he made while I was thinking about Greg dying, but that's normal. He said he wants me to put all the crap I've sorted through back in my head in a way that I can live with.

OK, I better go before the medic shows up with a butterfly net, or worse still, a bat. Nite all.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-07-2011, 15:49   #7476
BobInTX

I've had a project at work to deal with too, that's finished. So I think over the next few days we can start working on those assignments again. Okay?
Old 06-07-2011, 16:08   #7477
BobInTX

But first, a repeat of an old classic post of mine, regarding treatment of your dead attackers, who for some reason aren't dead and can't seem to die now:

BIT: I would like to bury them on the beach with their heads sticking out.

At low tide.

Wolfe: That's a good start. Go on........

BIT: First we make them listen to Barry Manilow and Britney Spears records. Then we put dirty panties on their heads. I hear that is real torture for terrorists. Then a thunderous herd of horses comes down the beach and tramples their heads. Then fireants show up and sting their heads and go into their noses and ears. Then seagulls show up and start pecking their heads to get the fireants. Then the crabs come out and start feeding on their heads and poking their eyeballs. Then the tide starts rising. The jellyfish come up and sting their heads. Then the horses come back and pee on their heads, which ironically helps ease the pain of the jellyfish stings. Then, before the tide gets too high and actually kills them, we dig them up.

Then we put them in an old car. We've got Manilow and Spears playing on the radio again. Then we put in a tape of Barack Obama speeches. I know they agree with him but it's torture just to listen to him. Then we tow the car down the beach, where we have placed a dozen claymore mines. The car hits every one. Now we tie them with bungee cords between two coconut trees with their arms and legs extended. We put body armor on them. Then we get an AK 47 and we take turns shooting them in the chest and yell "How's that feel? Huh?". Then we take what's left of the body armor off. Then the horses come back and take turns farting in their faces and donkey kicking them in the chest. They spring back and forth like a sling shot because of the bungees.

Then we strip them naked, untie them and wrap their chests really tight with rubber sheeting so they can barely breathe. Then we make them run 5 miles down the beach holding an unloaded AK above their heads while shouting "My father was a hog". Oops. There were more claymores on the beach. Boom! Boom! Boom!

Then we put them in a room with a shrink who makes them talk about their sexual addiction to goats, and keeps asking "how does that make you feel?" Then the shrink gives them LSD and a flashlight, turns off the lights and leaves the room. Then 15 minutes later we open the door, throw in 100 tarantulas, 50 camel spiders, and 25 rattlesnakes, and slam the door.

After two hours, we open the door and let them come out screaming. Then we take them back to the beach and bury them up to their heads again. Then the GT posse descends on them and beats the crap out of their heads with canes, bats, crow bars, golf clubs, gun stocks, hockey sticks, fence posts and batons. Then we all step back.

Now Lone_Wolfe walks up to them and spits in their faces.She pulls out two humongous revolvers and pulls the hammers back while pointing them at the human scum that shot her and the low life that killed Greg. The scum are crying "Please kill us"! Lone_Wolfe scowls, says "You bastards are not worth the price of a bullet", hands Silent_Runner her guns and says "take care of my babies", throws Greg's dogtags in the ocean and walks away smiling slyly as the tide slowly comes in.

CUE "Top Gun" movie theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWLFD0EupvI (Wolfe this is a short one, maybe you can see it.

Last edited by BobInTX; 06-07-2011 at 19:42..
Old 06-07-2011, 16:19   #7478
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Originalģ

Quote:

I am too, and I'm jealous I can join them. I'd love to meet MrsKitty and Eyescream too. Maybe someday.

Forgetting someone, ain'tcha?
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 20:34   #7479
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope your new sleep cocktail works great and that your pain eases up.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:49   #7480
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I hope your new sleep cocktail works great and that your pain eases up.
It's still working fairly well, and the pain is better than it was, altough still far from eased up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Forgetting someone, ain'tcha? : fist:

Quote:
But first, a repeat of an old classic post of mine, regarding treatment of your dead attackers, who for some reason aren't dead and can't seem to die now:

BIT: I would like to bury them on the beach with their heads sticking out.

At low tide..............

That's still hilarious, and I'm glad you used the version where I didn't throw Silent_Runner's guns in the drink!

Quote:
I've had a project at work to deal with too, that's finished. So I think over the next few days we can start working on those assignments again. Okay?
I have the feeling if I say it's not OK you'll make me do them anyway. Or my shrink will get out a bat and make sure I do......

Yeah, let's go ahead and get it over with.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!