GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 13:51   #26
loneeagle
Senior Member
 
loneeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 288
Great pics all I am waiting on is the slide to come in then going to send all the parts to DAN the MAN and have her put built and checked out!

I sure cant wait!
__________________
Loneeagle
NRA Endowment Member
GSSF LifeTime Member
Gen 3: G19 X 2, G34 X 2, G30s
Gen 4: G19 USA X 2
loneeagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 15:56   #27
AK74play
Senior Member
 
AK74play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,617
No doubt Lone Wold has the best CS going. Fortunately my 21SF long slide with LWD barrel has been flawless right out of the gate. Also have a LWD 24 long slide with LWD 357 sig barrel and same results. Last but not least is my LWD 34 upper including barrel also on a 19 frame and they are all 3 ectremely accurate and trouble free. But after doing business with them for a while I have never received anything but the best in customer service and their workmanship is as good as it gets. I have pics of all 3 Long slide posted in other listings in the Longslide forum so dont have enough room to post again here..if anyone is interested.
__________________
NRA Life Member at Patron level - NRA Golden Eagle. Be a part of the cure or you are a part of the problem.
AK74play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 13:10   #28
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor
 
LWD Armorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oldtown
Posts: 365
For all the guys out there that want a longer then 6” barrel or a long slide with comp, suppressor, flash hider, ect… Thought it was going to be too much but after shooting it! Just right!!!



Long Slide Forum
__________________
Dan
Armorer / Engraver
LoneWolfDist.com
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 18:50   #29
Dogman 10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 461
Ok Dan!! That's bad ass. What's the deal? Specs? Sights? Comp? Etc...
Dogman 10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:34   #30
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor
 
LWD Armorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oldtown
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman 10x View Post
Ok Dan!! That's bad ass. What's the deal? Specs? Sights? Comp? Etc...


The only thing that is really new is the Barrel, LWD-20L10TH (more info below) 6.61” barrel.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...RM=lwd-20L10TH

Still the 20L slide solid, our Lone Wolf 10MM comp, maybe you have not seen the TAS sights; they come in green or red
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=tas-

This set up offers almost zero muzzle rise and recoil is nothing due to the heavier slide and comp. With the sight, we were using the 6 O’clock hold out to 30yds, more testing will come later.

Long Slide:
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.a...M=lwd-slide20L

Comp:
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...&TERM=lwd-comp
__________________
Dan
Armorer / Engraver
LoneWolfDist.com
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:47   #31
Dogman 10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 461
Can this same setup be done on a 21?45? Is it even worth it on the 45acp??
Dogman 10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:25   #32
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor
 
LWD Armorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oldtown
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman 10x View Post
Can this same setup be done on a 21?45? Is it even worth it on the 45acp??


Yes Sir,

Here is the barrel for it…. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...RM=lwd-21l45th

Is it worth it? To me yes, but everyone has there own opinion. You will need to play with ammo and recoil spring poundage, the weight of the slide and efficiency of the comp might be too much with a 17lb recoil spring or heavier.

Tell you what, I told you it was worth it to me, I already have a tab here, might as well add a barrel and comp to it. I have a custom 45 long slide, as soon as I can, I will shoot a video for you with the LWD-21L45TH and LWD-COMP45. With factory ammo I will tell you what recoil spring I am using and you can see the results. Give me some time; it is “one of those days” here.
__________________
Dan
Armorer / Engraver
LoneWolfDist.com
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:52   #33
JoeCitizen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD Armorer View Post
Dogman 10x,
Here are the photos you wanted… Thank you for your patience and business.



Long Slide Forum
Now that I've dried the tears from my eye I can ask a couple questions.

1.) What finish/treatment is that on the slide? It would make a perfect companion piece to my Kimber Eclipse.

2.) Who did the work?

3.) How much did it cost?
JoeCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:11   #34
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor
 
LWD Armorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oldtown
Posts: 365
JoeCitizen,
You will need one of our slides:
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=lwd-slide

You will need it refinished in black:
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=lwd-r

Then I polish the three slides of the slide to give it that custom look, or you could do it your self. I think polishing the sides is $35 labor.

That is the cheapest way of doing it. Dogman 10x had me build the complete slide if I remember correctly (slide, barrel, guide rod and spring, internals, sights) If you already have a Glock you can rob the internals and even sights to keep the cost down but then you would have an empty OEM slide on your hands…. If you have any questions JoeCitizen, just call us, our sales staff will be able to help you with any custom job you are looking for.



Dogman 10x,
Going to do that video for you today, LWD-21L45TH barrel and LWD-COMP45. Look for it soon.
__________________
Dan
Armorer / Engraver
LoneWolfDist.com
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 16:45   #35
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor
 
LWD Armorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oldtown
Posts: 365
Dogman 10x,
Here is the video of a long slide solid with our new 6” threaded barrel and comp. I was using a 13lb recoil spring; depending on how you hold the gun the 13 or 15 will work with the solid top when using standard ammo. +P ammo you can use a heavier recoil spring. If someone was using weak ammo they would need to drop down to an 11lb spring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylt1uAp4SCQ
__________________
Dan
Armorer / Engraver
LoneWolfDist.com
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:30   #36
Poohgyrr
trout fear me!
 
Poohgyrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sutter's Fort
Posts: 1,163


Well, looks good.....
__________________
John Luke 22:36 Ephesians 4:26-32
357Sig Club #3531 S&W Club #10 BHP Club #35
"Life brings both sorrows and joys alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Last edited by Poohgyrr; 07-05-2012 at 19:33..
Poohgyrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:18   #37
loneeagle
Senior Member
 
loneeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD Armorer View Post
Dogman 10x,
Here is the video of a long slide solid with our new 6” threaded barrel and comp. I was using a 13lb recoil spring; depending on how you hold the gun the 13 or 15 will work with the solid top when using standard ammo. +P ammo you can use a heavier recoil spring. If someone was using weak ammo they would need to drop down to an 11lb spring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylt1uAp4SCQ
Have you tested the comp on the 10mm solid top longslide yet?
Just curious on how it does. I seen the video on gun blast but if I am not mistaken he said he is using DT 135. I just wondered how it worked with 180grain or 200 grain ammo?
__________________
Loneeagle
NRA Endowment Member
GSSF LifeTime Member
Gen 3: G19 X 2, G34 X 2, G30s
Gen 4: G19 USA X 2
loneeagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 19:12   #38
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor
 
LWD Armorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oldtown
Posts: 365
For a friend, a few weeks ago I built up a 20L solid slide, 20lb ISM recoil spring, 6" Threaded 10MM barrel with our 10MM comp. When he came over to pick up the slide we test fired Remington 180gr & Blazer 200gr out of the upper. She was a gem to shoot. Depending on how hot the ammo; you can still run heavier recoil springs or step down to lighter ones when using weaker paper punching ammo.

With the set up above, the spent rounds were coming out about a foot, so a 22lb spring could have caused issues. VERY low muzzle rise; recoil felt like shooting a soft 40 S&W.

Since then I have built several long slides with the threaded/comp set up. But no one has told me what ammo they were using or how they performed. In my line of business, no news is good news.



Sorry, only two links to my buddies set up. He is working on graphics now. Guess we are going to custom engrave the whole slide soon.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater



Quote:
Originally Posted by loneeagle View Post
Have you tested the comp on the 10mm solid top longslide yet?
Just curious on how it does. I seen the video on gun blast but if I am not mistaken he said he is using DT 135. I just wondered how it worked with 180grain or 200 grain ammo?
__________________
Dan
Armorer / Engraver
LoneWolfDist.com
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:14   #39
loneeagle
Senior Member
 
loneeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD Armorer View Post
For a friend, a few weeks ago I built up a 20L solid slide, 20lb ISM recoil spring, 6" Threaded 10MM barrel with our 10MM comp. When he came over to pick up the slide we test fired Remington 180gr & Blazer 200gr out of the upper. She was a gem to shoot. Depending on how hot the ammo; you can still run heavier recoil springs or step down to lighter ones when using weaker paper punching ammo.

With the set up above, the spent rounds were coming out about a foot, so a 22lb spring could have caused issues. VERY low muzzle rise; recoil felt like shooting a soft 40 S&W.

Since then I have built several long slides with the threaded/comp set up. But no one has told me what ammo they were using or how they performed. In my line of business, no news is good news.



Sorry, only two links to my buddies set up. He is working on graphics now. Guess we are going to custom engrave the whole slide soon.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

so I guess I see a 20lb spring in the future along with a threaded barrel if i want to try this set up. I/you have my 22lb one awaiting the slide to get back from re refinsihing. But I would love to try the comp out on the 20L I bet it is sweet for sure! thanks for the links always like gun porn
__________________
Loneeagle
NRA Endowment Member
GSSF LifeTime Member
Gen 3: G19 X 2, G34 X 2, G30s
Gen 4: G19 USA X 2

Last edited by loneeagle; 06-28-2011 at 03:16..
loneeagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 23:57   #40
Dogman 10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 461
300 rounds thru her this week. Flawless.
Dogman 10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:19   #41
Dogman 10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 461
More LS porn!!!!
Dogman 10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:02   #42
arushus
Biggest Member
 
arushus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,565
Man that is some nice polishing work!
__________________
Glock 20SF Gen 3
Glock 27 NiB-X Gen 3
Glock 19 Gen 4
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:30   #43
medaces
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
glock 21sf with LWD long barrel problem

I have a glock 21sf fitted with lonewolf longslide barrel. The only modification I have before fitting the longslide is a 2 lb trigger job and carbon fiber finish from glockstore.com. I removed the internal parts of the stock slide and applied them to the lonewolf slide. My problem is when I move the lone wolf slide back and release it on the frame, it doesn't go all the way back. I have to push it back into place and feel like its catching something. I broke it down and could not find the problem. Note all are brand new and I have not fired the gun because of safety concerns. I left the gun with a gunsmith 1 week ago to see if he can address it. Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated

Last edited by medaces; 10-29-2011 at 08:19.. Reason: pics
medaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 22:33   #44
Dogman 10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 461
It's been awhile but she came out and 400 rounds later no problems....
Dogman 10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:28   #45
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor
 
LWD Armorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oldtown
Posts: 365
Refinish:
Some refinishes are very thick and bring forth problems with the functioning of the slide.

Trigger Jobs:
Some go with a very light firing pin spring and strong trigger spring, this can cause issues two ways. One, as you pull the trigger the slide moves rear ward; two, the slide fails to go into batterie. Both issues are caused because the trigger spring is too strong for the firing pin spring. (a light recoil spring can add to this as well)

Please contact your gunsmith and see if he has found the problem. If not, let me fix it.

If you have further questions please send me an email.






Quote:
Originally Posted by medaces View Post
I have a glock 21sf fitted with lonewolf longslide barrel. The only modification I have before fitting the longslide is a 2 lb trigger job and carbon fiber finish from glockstore.com. I removed the internal parts of the stock slide and applied them to the lonewolf slide. My problem is when I move the lone wolf slide back and release it on the frame, it doesn't go all the way back. I have to push it back into place and feel like its catching something. I broke it down and could not find the problem. Note all are brand new and I have not fired the gun because of safety concerns. I left the gun with a gunsmith 1 week ago to see if he can address it. Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated
__________________
Dan
Armorer / Engraver
LoneWolfDist.com
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 21:54   #46
Dogman 10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 461
Are the long slides/G21 in stock ?
Dogman 10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:28   #47
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor
 
LWD Armorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oldtown
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman 10x View Post
Are the long slides/G21 in stock ?
Ample Stock Buddie!
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.a...RM=lwd-slide21
__________________
Dan
Armorer / Engraver
LoneWolfDist.com
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:29   #48
1927
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD Armorer View Post
ET,

That is a 21L slide:
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.a...RM=lwd-slide21

Any slide of your choices once clicked on; in the product info you will see a
Purchase internal parts here
Purchase barrels here
They are extra links so you can build the top end you want, without going all over the site.

Refinish:
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=lwd-r

Polishing the slide and barrel like that; Labor charge of around $30

Is the polishing something you have to call in, or has it been discontinued?

I'd really like to duplicate that polished 21LS
1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:30   #49
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor
 
LWD Armorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oldtown
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1927 View Post
Is the polishing something you have to call in, or has it been discontinued?

I'd really like to duplicate that polished 21LS


A custom job like that, I would call in just to make sure everything is done correctly
__________________
Dan
Armorer / Engraver
LoneWolfDist.com
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 20:01   #50
Dogman 10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 461
Dan
You guys sell a two port extended
Barrel that I saw in one of your videos on a 10mm...

Do you guys make these is 45?
Dogman 10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:41.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,369
442 Members
927 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42