Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-13-2011, 13:43   #1401
rkrk

? problems with production frames

[QUOTE=rsm688;16863544]Lone Wolf wouldn't release a production frame if it had any of those problems, all those have long been taken care of, if you read the thread you would know this.

I am not trying to start a fight but I too am wondering if the problems with the proto frames have been ironed out. I have followed this thread since the beginning because I was on the verge of getting the frame of my G23 cut down when the thread first came up.

Some of the more recent posts about mags dropping loose, etc have not been clear as to if the problem(s) were with production or proto frames. I own other LW products and have always been happy with them and the customer service I have gotten.

Maybe someone from LW can clarify?

If the production frames are not having problems then I will be one of the first in line for one of the Timberwolf frames when they come out for the G23.
rkrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 20:36   #1402
solvability

[QUOTE=rkrk;17037223]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm688 View Post
Lone Wolf wouldn't release a production frame if it had any of those problems, all those have long been taken care of, if you read the thread you would know this.

I am not trying to start a fight but I too am wondering if the problems with the proto frames have been ironed out. I have followed this thread since the beginning because I was on the verge of getting the frame of my G23 cut down when the thread first came up.

Some of the more recent posts about mags dropping loose, etc have not been clear as to if the problem(s) were with production or proto frames. I own other LW products and have always been happy with them and the customer service I have gotten.

Maybe someone from LW can clarify?

If the production frames are not having problems then I will be one of the first in line for one of the Timberwolf frames when they come out for the G23.
I found the proto frames absolutely useless but went ahead with a production frame - night and day difference - I found no flaw with it - mags work - rails fit - backstraps stayed in place. Wish the mag release was reversible but it does not affect me directly. I wish the polymer was more like Glocks, but it seems to work fine (it has a dry/hard quality to it rather than the slighly glossy nylon like polymer of the Glock).

Major Kudos to LW for this project - really helpful - I look forward to the large frame model.

Last edited by solvability; 03-14-2011 at 14:18..
solvability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:23   #1403
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardoner View Post
Anyone know what kind of barrel he is shooting? A 40 to 9 conversion?

I could almost make it out.

I know we've built him both a 9mm,.40, and 40-9 setups but I'm not sure which one is in this particular video. If I had to guess I'd say it was the 34 we built.

You can pm him the question and I'm sure he'd answer you.

Lone Wolf Distributors Inc. <
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
>
Phone: 208.448.0600
LoneWolfMarketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:05   #1404
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor

Al Swearengen,
The two pins above the trigger guard. One, trigger pin (larger of the two, closest to the trigger guard); this pin should not be working its way out. The slide stop lever is locked in with the trigger pin. Make sure it is installed correctly. Two, locking block pin (smaller of the two, positioned highest above the trigger); is this a used pin? You are the first to say the pin is moving. All (if they say anything) state the pins are tight.

Might be best to give me a call so we can work this out over the phone, if you like.

Pardoner,
If you look at the first start of the video it states; “TimberWolf Frame, New Lone Wolf G34 Top End too!” He is using Lone Wolf frame, slide, barrel, and any other parts we make.

rkrk,
The issue was with the “PROTO” frames. With the production frames all these issues were resolved. The only thing I can think of is maybe they received the old back straps and mag catch. This can no longer happen due to all older parts have been tossed in the garbage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Want to see more?
Visit

Last edited by LWD Armorer; 03-14-2011 at 11:22.. Reason: up date to Mr. rkrk
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 14:48   #1405
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD Armorer View Post
Al Swearengen,
The two pins above the trigger guard. One, trigger pin (larger of the two, closest to the trigger guard); this pin should not be working its way out. The slide stop lever is locked in with the trigger pin. Make sure it is installed correctly. Two, locking block pin (smaller of the two, positioned highest above the trigger); is this a used pin? You are the first to say the pin is moving. All (if they say anything) state the pins are tight.

Might be best to give me a call so we can work this out over the phone, if you like.

Appreciate the reply, I figured out what happened. When the gun smith switched everything over he got oil happy and it found it's way into the pins, this is to say he reassembled it correctly from the beginning which I believe he did although you would know more than I. When the pins worked loose was after the first 10 rounds I noticed them both out about 1/4 to 3/8th of an inch so I pulled them out and re installed them top pin first then bottom pin and of course degreased the pins and pin channels and they aren't moving any longer.

At first I installed the bottom pin first and had problems with the slide lock activating every couple shots, but I looked up the install data and I saw where the top pin must go in first, so I'm hoping all's well.

BTW this is a new gun with only 400 rounds through it so the pins are new.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 03-14-2011 at 14:52..
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 19:20   #1406
rkrk

thanks for the replies solvability and LWD armorer.

I am looking forward to the production frame that will accommodate the G23.

Any estimate as to when?

rkrk
Old 03-16-2011, 14:35   #1407
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

I am waiting to see the G23/19 Lonewolf frames myself. What I would really like to talk JR into building, just cause I want Two or three real bad is Lonewolf frame that has the full length grip 17/22, but uses the 19/23 slide and barrels. I know kinda oddball compared to most folks wanting the longer slide on the short grip. TXPO.
Certainly, Certifiable

"DUMP THE HUMP"
TexasPOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 14:23   #1408
Al Swearengen

Anyone try the LW PRO trigger kit?
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 20:20   #1409
rkrk

When to expect a G23 Timberwolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrk View Post
thanks for the replies solvability and LWD armorer.

I am looking forward to the production frame that will accommodate the G23.

Any estimate as to when?

rkrk
Any ETA?
Old 04-10-2011, 00:01   #1410
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
We are working on it now

JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 18:55   #1411
rkrk

Thanks

rkrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
We are working on it now
Old 05-11-2011, 21:02   #1412
rkrk

My 23 needs a new look

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
We are working on it now
How is it going? Sorry to keep asking but patience has never been my strength.

thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 20:16   #1413
JR
GT Sponsor

The LWD 23 Rapid Prototype should be in hand next week

Old 05-14-2011, 10:32   #1414
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

Ok so are you offering a beta on these as well are they expected to be production ready upon release. I would defiantly be interested on one of these. TXPO
Certainly, Certifiable

"DUMP THE HUMP"
TexasPOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 21:25   #1415
JR
GT Sponsor

We have to wait & see how that develops

Old 05-27-2011, 15:44   #1416
rkrk

Every time I shoot my G23 I shoot a 1911 afterward and think how great it would be to have the LW frame on my Glock.

Looking forward to it

rk
Old 05-27-2011, 20:33   #1417
JR
GT Sponsor

Should have pics of the new LWD TimberWolf 19/23 frame soon. I will try to get them to you on this link next week

Old 05-28-2011, 20:52   #1418
762minigun

I bought this frame new, four days ago. It is serial AAA 39#. I'm trying to figure out what is going with it. I bought all new Glock parts from Lone Wolf to complete the frame. The only used part is the trigger, I thought I had a new one in my parts bin. I was wrong, I'm going to order a new one in my next order.
Sponsor Showcase
Sponsor Showcase
Sponsor Showcase
Sponsor Showcase
Sponsor Showcase
Sponsor Showcase
It appears the front slide rails are too high, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks
762minigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 20:53   #1419
762minigun

Sponsor Showcase
Also the trigger is not resetting as it should.
762minigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 21:04   #1420
JR
GT Sponsor

You didn't purchase it from LWD 4 days ago. The AAA-(pre)100 frames have been out of production for some time. These issues have been resolved.

I doubt anybody here can help you but its worth a try I guess?

After you get tired of trying to fix it here, try contacting Zack at LWD direct zack@lonewolfdist.com Maybe he can hook you up with a current run frame?