SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:58   #1
AndABeer
Proud pappy

Paintball basics for kids

My son, 12, has been invited to a school-year-end paintball party this Friday. I have warned him that they can sting a bit when they hit you. He tends to have a low tolerance for pain, so I want him to be ready. I will also ask him to keep eye protection on at all times, even when not actually playing.

Any other advice?

"Dude, ya gotta have stuff that sucks if you want to have stuff that's cool." Butthead
AndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:14   #2
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndABeer View Post
My son, 12, has been invited to a school-year-end paintball party this Friday. I have warned him that they can sting a bit when they hit you. He tends to have a low tolerance for pain, so I want him to be ready. I will also ask him to keep eye protection on at all times, even when not actually playing.

Any other advice?
Go for the defensible high ground.
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:42   #3
AndABeer
Proud pappy

I believe the field they will be using is flat with a bunch of those vinyl covered obstacles so high ground really isn't an option. I was more looking for what he should wear for decent protection from impacts but not so he'll have heat stroke. High of 80 is predicted.

"Dude, ya gotta have stuff that sucks if you want to have stuff that's cool." Butthead
AndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 23:55   #4
glocksf30

Are they using rented guns? If so they should be regulated low pressure. When I use to go o always wore gloves like riding gloves getting hit in your hands suck. Always wear a mask too because of face shots and have exposed skin covered a little is better then nothing.
glocksf30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 00:00   #5
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Stinging is Airsoft lol. Paintball is more like a crushing bruising feeling lol. And it WILL leave welts.

First time I ever got hit was the back of my neck. Boy did that suck..
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 00:52   #6
mr_fender

Paintball = PAINtball (sometimes). It can sting like a ***** if you are hit in your softer bits like the neck and under arms. Full coverage mask is an absolute must. For a first timer, I also would recommend long sleeves, long pants, gloves, and a wrap for the neck. Looser clothes are better than tight clothes too. They slow the paint down before impact. Usually when you're in the thick of it, your adrenaline is pumping and you tend not to notice as much. Public fields will almost always check ball speed with radar before allowing you on the field. Some paintballs are harder than others too. Hits on covered skin are usually not too bad. Hits on bare skin will often leave welts and bruises so keep sensitive parts covered. Depends on the distance from the shooter too. Paintball can be a ton of fun, but safety is important.

Last edited by mr_fender; 06-30-2012 at 01:00..
mr_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 00:59   #7
mr_fender

For a point of reference, take a ruler and smack the inside of your forearm with it fairly hard. That's pretty close to what it feels like to get hit on bare skin. Stings pretty well, but tolerable. It's certainly enough to remind you to watch your ass and use cover wisely.
mr_fender is offline   Reply With Quote