Pretty Ladies!

Cop Talk

Sorry. Just piling on.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:37   #128
bccop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Holy thread resurrection Batman!
No kidding!!! For a moment I thought JSandi was back and was wondering who said his name 3 times!?!?!?!

Archilochus, Greek Soldier and Poet, 650 BC

Last edited by bccop; 05-16-2011 at 11:37..
bccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:38   #129
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
No kidding!!! For a moment I thought JSandi was back and was wondering who said his name 3 times!?!?!?!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:59   #130
OldCurlyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
The only reason less police officers are killed today rather than 30 plus years ago is due to improved training, tactics, and equipment. If you ask me to cite my source I will tell you same is derived from 22 years of personal experience and research.

What is your beef JSandi? Seriously, what are you trying to prove?
Then answer this.
Why do I see so many LEO's that are too damn lazy or undertrained on making a correct approach while making a traffic stop? Statistically that is one of the most dangerous things a uniformed officer does.

Makes me want to stop Yell at them "DumbA@@, Do it right!!!!!".

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)
OldCurlyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:21   #131
EOD3

IMO: More attacks on officers can be attributed to 1. More dirtbags on the street. 2. Lace panties judges. 3. Revolving door policy. 4. "Cut a deal" DA's. 5. Glorifying "cop killer" dirtbags.

I'd like to see the statistics on how many incidents involve repeat offenders and/or multiple offenders. (assuming all gang-bangers are automatically repeat offenders)
Old 05-16-2011, 18:27   #132
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
Then answer this.
Why do I see so many LEO's that are too damn lazy or undertrained on making a correct approach while making a traffic stop? Statistically that is one of the most dangerous things a uniformed officer does.

Makes me want to stop Yell at them "DumbA@@, Do it right!!!!!".
Part of the answer is in EOD's post.

You are correct, some officers are too lazy and have become too complacent and forget or disregard skills they have learned. However, generally speaking our training, tactics, and equipment have come a long ways in the past 30 years.

In response to one of our people being killed on a traffic stop back in the early eighties, we changed our procedures to calling in ALL motor vehicle stops on the radio instead of only night stops, riding dual patrols on the midnight shift, adapted the H&K P7M8 service weapon in place of the revolvers we carried, put shotguns in the cars, made kevlar vests standard issue, and even went so far as to not make our "trooper of the year" award public. We in law enforcement have been improving and evolving over the decades.

Did you ever wonder why, when you walk into a station house and look at the pictures of the deceased officers on the wall, there are more black and white pictures than there are colored pics? It's because of improved training, tactics and equipment...
Old 05-16-2011, 18:37   #133
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

if you want a real hoot google JSandi and read the first search result.
Old 05-16-2011, 18:41   #134
Panzergrenadier1979
Keystone Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post

Panzergrenadier1979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 18:49   #135
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

Old 05-16-2011, 19:03   #136
4949shooter

Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 19:57   #137
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

He's kinda hot. Now, if we only had a member if FL that could investigate and report...

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 20:07   #138
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
He's kinda hot. Now, if we only had a member if FL that could investigate and report...

Dang Sam, I just said read the first search result not click on the link!

Old 05-16-2011, 20:16   #139
blueiron
Clown move, bro

Cartman - "I've been licking this carpet for 3 hours and I still don't feel like a l______."

Dear God, this is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. It's got to rank right up there with CALEA. -Pepper45
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 20:19   #140
bccop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
Part of the answer is in EOD's post.

You are correct, some officers are too lazy and have become too complacent and forget or disregard skills they have learned. However, generally speaking our training, tactics, and equipment have come a long ways in the past 30 years.

In response to one of our people being killed on a traffic stop back in the early eighties, we changed our procedures to calling in ALL motor vehicle stops on the radio instead of only night stops, riding dual patrols on the midnight shift, adapted the H&K P7M8 service weapon in place of the revolvers we carried, put shotguns in the cars, made kevlar vests standard issue, and even went so far as to not make our "trooper of the year" award public. We in law enforcement have been improving and evolving over the decades.
I worked with one partner for about a year. He was a better driver and I was better using the MDT and digging up information. He would roll his eyes whenever I put us out over the radio for traffic stops (all the time).

One week I was away on annual leave and he stopped a suspicious car with out of province plates (from Washington state) on a quiet residential street. He had not put himself out on a traffic stop. When he approached the car he recognized the driver as one of our local mutants and opened the driver door. The driver put the car in reverse and the constable found himself sharing the front seat with the driver in a fist fight as the car careened across an intersection and hit a stop sign coming to a stop. During this my partner tried to broadcast on his radio which somehow ended up on another patrol district channel. They both spilled out of the car and the suspect managed to get both snaps undone on the holster during the fight (Safariland 070) with only the internal retention left. Fearing a gun grab he drew his pistol and continued to fight until cover arrived. It was a fresh stolen that had not been reported yet.

My partner never rolled his eyes at me again when I always put us out on traffic stops. He's lucky that he didn't end up on our memorial wall.

Archilochus, Greek Soldier and Poet, 650 BC

Last edited by bccop; 05-16-2011 at 20:20..
bccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 22:16   #141
OldCurlyWolf

Quote:

That is hilarious.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)
OldCurlyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:24   #142
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

I always suspected he had a case of .............Sandi... mangina...
Old 05-17-2011, 08:11   #143
doneroman
SheepDogs-R-Us

"...unsupported conclusions..." Yeah, a LEO that has been shot at while on duty, injured with combatant gunfire, or killed in the line of duty are scenarios with unsupported conclusions. WTF are you smoking and why are you posting this troll crap here?

In truth, fatalities are down across the board for LEOs and non-LEOs: medical technology and med. education has jumped light years from your 1974 example of just fatalities. The stats to look at are attempted homicides and deadly assault , which have quadrupled since 1954, across the board of LEOs and non-LEOs alike.

"Media hype" that supports the LE community gets your dander up, eh? Career bad guys are on duty 24 hrs a day, LEOs are on duty 8-12 hrs a day keeping them in check. If YOU want to be on duty 24 hrs a day protecting your family because you don't like cops, go to it. Good luck.

Coating your anti-LEO sentiment with a lightly veiled comment about LE heroism is cowardly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSandi View Post
Some police advocates have drawn unsupported conclusions from this rash of attacks, claiming*that they are tied to rising anti-police sentiment, anti-government protest, or a lack of adequate gun control laws.

In truth, on-the-job police fatalities have dropped nearly 50 percent during the last 20 years, even as the total number of cops has doubled. According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, 279 cops were killed on the job in 1974, the worst year on record.
doneroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:39   #144
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

he also says he's a cop!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:49   #145
doneroman
SheepDogs-R-Us

Jsandi claims to be a cop?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatbwana View Post
he also says he's a cop!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:57   #146
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

NOt just a cop, a SWAT team member and police sniper!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:19   #147
doneroman
SheepDogs-R-Us

Karate, voo-doo, and mall ninja too?

Quote:
NOt just a cop, a SWAT team member and police sniper!
Old 05-17-2011, 14:13   #148
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccop View Post
I worked with one partner for about a year. He was a better driver and I was better using the MDT and digging up information. He would roll his eyes whenever I put us out over the radio for traffic stops (all the time).

One week I was away on annual leave and he stopped a suspicious car with out of province plates (from Washington state) on a quiet residential street. He had not put himself out on a traffic stop. When he approached the car he recognized the driver as one of our local mutants and opened the driver door. The driver put the car in reverse and the constable found himself sharing the front seat with the driver in a fist fight as the car careened across an intersection and hit a stop sign coming to a stop. During this my partner tried to broadcast on his radio which somehow ended up on another patrol district channel. They both spilled out of the car and the suspect managed to get both snaps undone on the holster during the fight (Safariland 070) with only the internal retention left. Fearing a gun grab he drew his pistol and continued to fight until cover arrived. It was a fresh stolen that had not been reported yet.

My partner never rolled his eyes at me again when I always put us out on traffic stops. He's lucky that he didn't end up on our memorial wall.
Wow that was a close one for your partner.
Old 05-17-2011, 14:25   #149
Panzergrenadier1979
Keystone Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccop View Post
.........they both spilled out of the car and the suspect managed to get both snaps undone on the holster during the fight (Safariland 070) with only the internal retention left. Fearing a gun grab he drew his pistol and continued to fight until cover arrived. It was a fresh stolen that had not been reported yet.
Yikes! That's my duty holster.

Panzergrenadier1979 is online now   Reply With Quote