Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:05   #1
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

H-S Precision Stock - LOP

Mr. Smith,

I own an out-of-the-box-stock Remington 700-5R. I assume it has an H-S Precision Pro-Series Competition stock. The length of pull is too long and uncomfortable, which brings a series of questions:

(1) Is there a good method to determine LOP based on shooter dimensions?

(2) Is there a good way to modify the H-S stock, or should I just buy an adjustable stock?

(3) Any opinions on the H-S Pro-Series Tactical, McMillan A4/A5 or others?

As an aside, are your articles (noted in your sticky) available as a .pdf download?

Thanks...
Old 05-10-2011, 14:05   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

Historically, people have come up with some rules of thumb for LOP, but I've found that things like neck length, shape of face, and exact position of cheek weld have some effect. I'd recomment getting approx 0.2" thick shims and adding shims between the pad and the stock itself until it's the right length. Getting the comb height correct is as important to get right. I haven't taken one of those stock apart, but the pad is probably held on with a couple screws?

Stock preference is split between 4 or 5 different companies. Around here, most people shoot either AICS/AI, or McM/Manners. The benefit of the AICS is that it's ready to adjust and needs no bedding. Others prefer the more conventional feel of the McM/Manners style. Just make sure you can get the stock adjusted to where you need it.

I don't have PDF versions of the articles. It's another thing on the to-do list...
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote