Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-29-2011, 15:38   #21
mojo230

Who currently has the court. Order for custody.
S & W bodyguard .380
mojo230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 17:04   #22
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

There is always feeding her to the alligators in the everglades
Old 04-25-2011, 21:45   #23
Bret
Crimping Master

To the OP, definitely go to court and get the money flowing in the correct direction. I have a guy that works for me that was in a very similar situation 20 years ago. The court ordered him to pay child support and soon afterward the kids came to live with him. He raised them up and didn't get money from his ex-wife to help. A couple of weeks ago we got a garnishment letter from the state of NY saying he owes $30k in back child support to her. We have no choice but to take it out of his check. Now he's in the position of having to beg her to go to court to undo the mess and he doesn't know if she will cooperate.

I have three guys that work for me who pay over half of their earnings in child support. I honestly don't see how they survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
my UI cut off by the vote in congress and they raised my child support.
As a business owner who pays unemployment insurance on behalf of employees in Ohio, I can assure you that unemployment insurance was not paid on your behalf by your employer for anything that Congress cut off. The unemployment "extensions" were never actually paid for with unemployment insurance funds. That's why Congress had to borrow the money to fund them. Sorry, but they cut off your welfare payments. I'm not trying to kick you while you're down, but be thankful for the earnings that were taken from others (or will be in the future) and given to you for as long as they were. It's kind of ironic that you believe your ex-wife isn't entitled to what you have to pay her but at the same time express that you feel entitled to the earnings of unknown strangers.
Old 04-28-2011, 13:30   #24
SPIN2010
Searching ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
It's kind of ironic that you believe your ex-wife isn't entitled to what you have to pay her but at the same time express that you feel entitled to the earnings of unknown strangers.
Well, I hate to break the news to you, but you missed by about 1000 miles. My UI was from NY (not Ohio) and I did not create the system. In fact I took my ex employer to the DOL for illegal termination (not lay off), and the DOL awarded me UI so, probably ought to do your research more carefully before blanket statements are made.

And BTW "No" she isn't entitled to it (the kids are) as she "went part time" during the divorce proceedings, the local county magistrate backed her up (she is a local offical, I might mention) by an increase in my support due to 3yr standard of living calculations combining her full time earnings with mine. Thats fair, right?

Last edited by SPIN2010; 04-28-2011 at 13:31..
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 15:33   #25
Bret
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
Well, I hate to break the news to you, but you missed by about 1000 miles. My UI was from NY (not Ohio) and I did not create the system. In fact I took my ex employer to the DOL for illegal termination (not lay off), and the DOL awarded me UI so, probably ought to do your research more carefully before blanket statements are made.
Actually, you missed the point. It doesn't matter OH or NY. I never said the you were not entitled to your initial unemployment. The unemployment "extensions" that the federal government was paying out were never funded by unemployment insurance paid for by you or your employer. Since the money wasn't being funded from unemployment insurance funds, it had to come from somewhere else. That somewhere else is the earnings of others (taxes) or it was borrowed (future taxes). You stated that "my UI cut off by the vote in congress". Reality is that they just stopped paying you money that you were not really entitled to get to begin with. Be thankful that your fellow Americans gave you the extra "extension" money to begin with. Certainly don't act like you've been done wrong when you were the one that received the handout.

Last edited by Bret; 04-28-2011 at 19:19..
Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 15:43   #26
furioso2112

what state?
Old 04-16-2012, 13:24   #27
jakebk

Just make sure the kids get everything they need.
jakebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 13:26   #28
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
Men rape women.
Courts rape men.

Sadly,........very true
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 00:45   #29
Gray_Rider

"There is no such thing as free love, easy money, or happily married."

Gray's 1st Incontestable Rule of the Universe.

Having a child with someone means you are connected to them for life. Regardless of the circumstances, and if you a man said circumstances will seldom be good.

Gray_Rider

"We don't hold grudges. We remember the facts."

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 06-26-2014 at 00:47..
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 14:23   #30
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravorigging View Post
Should i get a lawyer ?
If it were me I would.

(Threads like this one always make me feel better about my decision to not get married or have children.)
Old 06-30-2014, 14:49   #31
Jon_R
Silver Membership

I don't follow.

Is ex an ex wife or just mother of your kids?

If ex wife what does the divorce decree / settlement say in regards to cs and custody?

If the custody is different you can request a change in cs or if you and ex agree you can just file the new agreement with the court. At least in FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravorigging View Post
This is probably a sore subject for a lot a guys and maybe gals,but i have my 2 sons living with me and the ex moved out of state,her income is double mine and I still have to pay cs.This is after we both went to a lawyer and agreed that she wanted no cs from me and she would help with the additional bills i will incur.Well i have not seen a dime and barely getting buy.She quit a great job to take another out of state,her boyfriend also somehow landed a job in the same erea.I dont think she was thinking of her carrer when she made her decision to move away.Should i get a lawyer ? Any help would be appreciated.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote