SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 13:18   #1
chivvalry

Philly PD assault OCer at gunpoint-Chapter IV- Arrest Warrant out for Viper

Evidently a warrant has been issued for Viper's arrest. No idea what the charges are at this point but it appears that a 5 man warrant squad appeared at his work place to attempt to arrest him. He was not at work and, to the best of my knowledge, not yet in custody.

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...ml#post1570257
Old 04-20-2011, 14:23   #2
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivvalry View Post
Evidently a warrant has been issued for Viper's arrest. No idea what the charges are at this point but it appears that a 5 man warrant squad appeared at his work place to attempt to arrest him. He was not at work and, to the best of my knowledge, not yet in custody.

Since he knows that he has a warrant, it would be a really, really good idea to turn himself in. His lawyer can arrange it. It would be a really, really bad idea to engage in another attempt to lecture the officers grabbing him up.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Old 04-20-2011, 14:30   #3
RussP

Philly PD assault OCer at gunpoint-Chapter IV- Arrest Warrant out for Viper

According to posts on another forum, an arrest warrant has been issued for ViperGTS19801. The nature of the charges are not known.

Quote:
Re: Arrested by the Philadelphia Police for Open Carry
Mark just called me and informed me that a warrant for unknown charges has been issued for his arrest by the Philadelphia Police Department. 5 officers showed up at his place of work looking for him.

That is all I can share at this point.
http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...ml#post1570558
Quote:
Just to update what I can...Mark does have a defense attorney now and this is all going to be taken care of in short order.
http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...ml#post1570644
Quote:
I talked to Mark and he said that he spoke with a detective who said it was an arrest warrant and he needed to come turn himself in. Just not sure why it wouldn't be in the system or if we are being lied to(not by Mark).

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 04-20-2011, 14:46   #4
chivvalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Since he knows that he has a warrant, it would be a really, really good idea to turn himself in. His lawyer can arrange it. It would be a really, really bad idea to engage in another attempt to lecture the officers grabbing him up.
To the best of my knowledge I believe this is underway... establishing contact with his defense attorney, confirming there actually is a warrant, contacting the detective to understand where to surrender, ensuring someone is available to secure his weapon prior to going there, etc.

A couple people have been searching to try and find out if the warrant is real or not and what it might be for. So far they have not had any success. I thought it would have been fairly easy to call any PD station and query for a warrant? Is that not how it works?
Old 04-20-2011, 15:13   #5
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
A couple people have been searching to try and find out if the warrant is real or not and what it might be for. So far they have not had any success. I thought it would have been fairly easy to call any PD station and query for a warrant? Is that not how it works?
There's always a lag between the issuing of a warrant and the warrant's entry into the computer system. The warrant squad could quite possibly have a paper copy of the warrant before Joe the Desk Sergeant could find it in the data base. I wouldn't presume to guess what the delay is in Philly, but it's there.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Old 04-20-2011, 15:23   #6
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Quote:
To the best of my knowledge I believe this is underway... establishing contact with his defense attorney, confirming there actually is a warrant, contacting the detective to understand where to surrender, ensuring someone is available to secure his weapon prior to going there, etc.

Quote:
There's always a lag between the issuing of a warrant and the warrant's entry into the computer system. The warrant squad could quite possibly have a paper copy of the warrant before Joe the Desk Sergeant could find it in the data base. I wouldn't presume to guess what the delay is in Philly, but it's there.
In case you want things moved from the other thread.
Old 04-20-2011, 15:32   #7
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

Good! Other OC Zealots take note, when you encounter LE, do as you are told and stop trying to be a curbside lawyer.

Last edited by mrsurfboard; 04-20-2011 at 15:33..
Old 04-20-2011, 15:52   #8
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member

Holy crap! Is this debacle not over yet?
Old 04-20-2011, 15:54   #9
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BailRecoveryAgent View Post
Holy crap! Is this debacle not over yet?
Apparently Philly PD has entered their own solution on how to solve the problem.
Old 04-20-2011, 16:03   #10
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Well, if he wanted to be a test case, he is now.

Hope he knows the laws as well as he thinks he does... and I mean that. I hate the idea of someone being harassed over a legal activity, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
Old 04-20-2011, 16:11   #11
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

if in fact this warrant is for something in the incident he had then he will now have standing to challenge Philly's laws\standing orders.
Old 04-20-2011, 16:17   #12
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
Well, if he wanted to be a test case, he is now.

Hope he knows the laws as well as he thinks he does... and I mean that. I hate the idea of someone being harassed over a legal activity, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

IGF
Indeed. 100% agree with Indy's post.

<-----Strongly supports open carry and understands that open carry and discretion aren't mutally exclusive and in fact should go hand in hand. Its a shame that so many can't seem to grasp the idea that there is a time and place for both open and concealed carry, and a persons discretion will dictate that.
Old 04-20-2011, 16:21   #13
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Keep in mind, by his own words he has a criminal record (has been arrested in the past), so there is the possibility it's unrelated to the Open Carry incident that has been the subject of the threads in this forum.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 04-20-2011, 16:28   #14
BritStudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post
Keep in mind, by his own words he has a criminal record (has been arrested in the past)...
Only arrested? That wouldn't be a criminal record if he's never been convicted. People get arrested all the time.

Perhaps you meant arrested and convicted, I don't know.
Old 04-20-2011, 17:01   #15
chivvalry

He has a valid LTCF and so is not a prohibited person. Still no word on what the charges may be. Could be totally unrelated to the incident discussed so extensively... or it could be the Philly PD retaliating against him. Just don't know at this point.
Old 04-20-2011, 17:03   #16
chivvalry

Quote:
That makes sense. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2011, 17:19   #17
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritStudent View Post
Only arrested? That wouldn't be a criminal record if he's never been convicted. People get arrested all the time.

Perhaps you meant arrested and convicted, I don't know.
IIRC he admits on another board to having several convictions on his record.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 04-20-2011, 18:18   #18
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post
IIRC he admits on another board to having several convictions on his record.
He plead guilty.

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...=NT-0000501-09

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 04-20-2011, 18:35   #19
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

Quote:
He has a valid LTCF and so is not a prohibited person. Still no word on what the charges may be. Could be totally unrelated to the incident discussed so extensively... or it could be the Philly PD retaliating against him. Just don't know at this point.
Yeah, that must be it
Old 04-20-2011, 19:10   #20
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Did I read that correctly... He's appealing a guilty plea?

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 04-20-2011 at 19:32..

Closed Thread