SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:30   #7161
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
sawgrass, could your dog have drunk some of the standing water outside? Sometimes they can get giardia and display those symptoms. You may need to get her to the vet so she doesn't get dehydrated.
I don't think so. But somehow she did have a tick. I can't believe any have
hatched, since we've only had one warm day. Supposed to snow 4" tonight.

I'm going to see if this burger/rice stays down. If not I'm taking her in.

I caught giardia on the Appalachain Trail a few years ago. You're right, same
symptoms.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:41   #7162
BobInTX

Ewww, I'll bet that was fun.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 13:52   #7163
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I just heard on the news that a guy from our church lost his home to one of the grass fires today.
I'm sorry to hear this and hope no one else is in danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! Can I come out of hiding now? I'll wash and wax your Mustang. The sleep of the just Sweetheart.::
Do you really think just one washing and waxing will get you out of the doghouse after that suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW, doggie is sick. She has been puking and pooping all night.
I boiled some burger and got a pepcid down her. I cancelled tonight.
I won't leave her or kennel her like this.

I'm glad your chest relaxed. How's the sleep? Are you sleeping in your chu,
or going in? I get extra worried when you're up too long. You know it makes
everything worse.
sawgrass I really hope your dog will be OK. Wolfe has told me how much she wants to meet that dog and you. She is very cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
OK, here goes a cuteness overload. ::

My chest isn't screaming so bad anymore, the muscle relaxers worked well on the spasms. My physical terrorist was pretty happy today too. He tested my range of motion and while I can't pull my arms back near where I used to be able to, he said the range I have now is considered normal. The only thing still subpar is my air intake capacity. I still can't expand my chest as well as I need to be able to. It's better than it was, though.

I have some really mixed feelings about coming home that I may talk more about in the next couple days. I want to talk to my shrink about it some, to see if the things I'm thinking are normal. Wait, is anything going through MY head normal? ::

My shrink session went OK today, not as bad as some sessions.I didn't get much sleep at all last night, so he had an easier time pushing me until I snapped and then cried a little. That was what he wanted, and he said he thinks I've gotten most all of the crap out of my head. He said next I'll have to sort it out and find a place to put it in my head where I can accept it all. I think I know what he meant by that, but I'd rather not have it there at all. But I guess forgetting isn't an option. I wouldn't want to forget Greg or his sacrifice anyway.
BobInTX your granddaughter is darling! I may have to rethink my warning to my engaged daughter about making me a grandmother before I turn fifty.

It really does sound like good news is coming from both sides. I have mixed thoughts about you coming home right now too. You are getting the care you need and finally making good progress. That makes me wish you could stay for a while longer but Lady Glock has a good point to. You need to readjust to life at home. Besides the flowers in your yard are in bloom and look beautiful.

No matter what is decided you keep working and progressing as fast as you have been lately. BobInTX is right in that you are making great progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 14:00   #7164
sawgrass

If her Iris are blooming, take some pics!
Old 04-19-2011, 16:09   #7165
BobInTX

^^^Yeah, I want to see that too!
Old 04-19-2011, 18:15   #7166
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Keep your chin up dear, love you sweetheart: hearts:
Love you too, okie.

Quote:
If her Iris are blooming, take some pics!
Quote:
^^^Yeah, I want to see that too!
^^^ What they said!

Quote:
LW, doggie is sick. She has been puking and pooping all night.
I boiled some burger and got a pepcid down her. I cancelled tonight.
I won't leave her or kennel her like this.

I'm glad your chest relaxed. How's the sleep? Are you sleeping in your chu,
or going in? I get extra worried when you're up too long. You know it makes
everything worse.
Awww, poor Chloe! I'll still pet her fur off, but first I'll cuddle her until she feels better.

I'm in my CHU tonight, pretty doped up and waiting to zonk. I thought I was going to about an hour ago, but a nightmare was waiting just as I dozed off. So I jerked awake and I'm trying again. Yeah, this sleep problem is what wears on me the most. I get tired and depressed, then Giving Up and his buddies start whispering in my ear and I start listening.

Quote:
I don't think anyone was killed in THAT fire, but a volunteer firefighter was killed last week about 60 miles from here.

Damn.

What a cute pic. Wherever did you get it? : whistling:

Ummmmmmmm, I found it somewhere on the internet? ......... Like maybe my inbox?

I'm glad to hear you have normal range of motion in your arms. That sounds like great progress.

If you can, see if you can get a scalp massage. You won't care about anything. Glad it was a woman for you.

I know coming home for good will be difficult for you, being the "real" world and all. God has been taking good care of you. He's not going to quit now.

You won't ever forget, but you can learn to deal with it. I think you are making great progress in that regard. Your way up the top of the mountain from where you were when you did my first writing exercise. I'm so proud of you.
A scalp massage, eh? Sounds interesting. What doc and terrorist are calling normal isn't my normal, but within the range that's considered acceptable. U used to be able to clasp my hands behind my back and then turn my elbows inward until they almost touched. Now I can't even put my arms far enough back to be handcuffed without serious pain. Guess I'd better not take up a life of crime.

I think in so many ways I've forgotten how to live in the real world that I can't even comprehend it all right now. A comment my shrink made a while back was that when I died and had to be revived, then went through the long recovery with the drug reactions, it's like I'm being reborn. Not in the religious sense, but in that I have to rediscover who I am, and the world around me. I know I could really feel that when I had my first big breakthrough a little over a year ago. When I really came to terms with having almost died I was looking at things like the moon as if I'd never seen them before. As someone in here said, in a sense I hadn't. Well this is the only world I've seen, the only world I know. The trips to the States felt like I was going to another world. Even the house I've owned for 20+ years felt completely foreign to me, not my own.

Thank you for that, you have been a part of it. All of you. I take it I'm finished with the writing assignments? My shrink made it sound like he had another bench session planned, but hasn't mentioned it since.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 18:24   #7167
23skidoo
Deceased

The sleep of the just Sweetheart, no squeezing :

<<<Has something for Giving up and his cohorts.
Old 04-19-2011, 19:09   #7168
sawgrass

In all honesty Wolfe I find re-discovering who you are appealing.
How many times in your life have you heard 'if I only knew then, what I know now'? Well somewhere inside you do. It's still there, yet you have this beautiful second chance. You owe it to yourself, somehow I believe you know that or I think you would have given up a long time ago. I know we joke about these demons, but these demons are your thoughts and you have complete control over them. Fortunately because of who you are, you are cared for and a few cards have fallen into place. Lone_Wolfe you are getting better and the world is going to be a better place because of it. Everything that is part of this miracle of you still having life is going to go forward.
You're a blessing to all of us who get to know you a little bit. Thank you LW.
Old 04-19-2011, 21:26   #7169
BobInTX

My daughter is flexible like that. I never could bend my arms back like that. You might have lost some of that even if you hadn't been shot. I keep saying when you turn 40 stuff starts falling off.

I think I gave you all of the assignments I thought up. You progressed past what I hoped you would accomplished.

I'll let you know if I think of something else.

Maybe we could do something totally unrelated, just for fun?

Last edited by BobInTX; 04-19-2011 at 21:32..
Old 04-19-2011, 21:35   #7170
BobInTX

Oh, ive got one. Tell us about your house. When you bought it, what you did to it, what it looks like, size, etc. Nothing too personal and identifying.
Old 04-19-2011, 21:48   #7171
sawgrass

Quote:
My daughter is flexible like that. I never could bend my arms back like that. You might have lost some of that even if you hadn't been shot. I keep saying when you turn 40 stuff starts falling off.

I think I gave you all of the assignments I thought up. You progressed past what I hoped you would accomplished.

Maybe we could do something totally unrelated, just for fun?
Quote:
Oh, ive got one. Tell us about your house. When you bought it, what you did to it, what it looks like, size, etc. Nothing too personal and identifying.
If she calls you 'sonny' I'm going to LMAO.!
Bob, you are a good guy.
Old 04-20-2011, 00:28   #7172
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

<-------Self certified massage therapist. Seriously, I hope you get to feeling better.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:41   #7173
BobInTX

I'm older than she is!
Old 04-20-2011, 19:10   #7174
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'm older than she is!
Yeah, but I'll bet I FEEL older than you do. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The sleep of the just Sweetheart, no squeezing : hugs:: hearts::: smootchie:: iloveyou:

<<<Has something for Giving up and his cohorts.
Have at them.

<<<- steps out of the way of that bat.

Quote:

Maybe we could do something totally unrelated, just for fun?[

I think I wouldn't be quite so limber as I once was, but I'm sure I'd move better than I do now. My terrorist is still going to work on range of motion, just not as hard as before. He's doing more occupational therapy type stuff now. Seeing what things I can't do and working with alternative ways to do them. For example I can't push open a heavy door with my arms in front of me. What I have to do is put a shoulder against it carefully so I don't jolt my chest, then lean into it. There's one door I have to open a lot that's like that. Sometimes the people there that know me will dart over and open it for me, that's always appreciated.

I'm surprised to hear I've progressed beyond what you even hoped for. Knowing you I figure you actually hope I'll get completely over this. My shrink says he thinks I have a chance to get farther past a lot of this that many people do because of the sheer amount of time spent working on me.

OK, my house. It's a small 3 bedroom one bath brick house that I bought new in the late 80's. It cost about $40k at the time and the area never bubbled, so it's probably worth 60 now. I did do a lot of work on the yard, as you saw a while back. A lot of flowers and rocks. Pretty distinctive. I did all the work myself, no way I could afford to pay someone to do all that. Unfortunately there's no way I can do that kind of work anymore, so I'm having a contractor put in my back deck. A friend of mine is doing the arranging there. The only thing I've done to the house itself was to build a roof over a front deck I added. I now have more squ

are footage in decks than inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
<-------Self certified massage therapist. Seriously, I hope you get to feeling better.
I want proof of that.

<<<- requires personal demonstrations. Several of them. Maybe Engineer could come back and give me footrubs, too.

Quote:
In all honesty Wolfe I find re-discovering who you are appealing.
How many times in your life have you heard 'if I only knew then, what I know now'? Well somewhere inside you do. It's still there, yet you have this beautiful second chance. You owe it to yourself, somehow I believe you know that or I think you would have given up a long time ago. I know we joke about these demons, but these demons are your thoughts and you have complete control over them. Fortunately because of who you are, you are cared for and a few cards have fallen into place. Lone_Wolfe you are getting better and the world is going to be a better place because of it. Everything that is part of this miracle of you still having life is going to go forward.
You're a blessing to all of us who get to know you a little bit. Thank you LW.
Yeah, but what if I donít like who I find out I am? Iíve often wondered that.

If I could go back in time knowing what I know now things would be so different. How far can I go back? 2008? I decline the Afghanistan vacation so I donít get shot. 1994? I donít marry me EX, and I save myself a lot of heartache. 1982? I keep my husband from driving anywhere that night so a drunk driver canít kill him. I can think of several others, those are just a few of the high points. But now I get to take everything Iíve learned so far and try to go forward in life. I have to relearn a lot of things, and learn how to do some things different.

I know those demons in my head are really inside my own head. Itís just easier and a fitting description to call them demons, because is a sense they are. Plus if I refer to them as demons I can picture you folks having a GT bash-fest on them and thatís therapeutic. Itís visualizing the help youíre giving me in banishing those thoughts from my head a little at a time.

For every blessing to you, youíre 100 times the blessing to me. Thank you all, too.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-21-2011, 10:20   #7175
BobInTX

Well, crud. I was responding to your post and my computer did something stupid and I lost it all. I'll try again later.
Old 04-21-2011, 16:03   #7176
BobInTX

Quote:
Yeah, but I'll bet I FEEL older than you do. Ugh.

Probably so, but I've been working in the yard lately and my body hates me.

I think I wouldn't be quite so limber as I once was, but I'm sure I'd move better than I do now. My terrorist is still going to work on range of motion, just not as hard as before. He's doing more occupational therapy type stuff now. Seeing what things I can't do and working with alternative ways to do them. For example I can't push open a heavy door with my arms in front of me. What I have to do is put a shoulder against it carefully so I don't jolt my chest, then lean into it. There's one door I have to open a lot that's like that. Sometimes the people there that know me will dart over and open it for me, that's always appreciated.

Sounds like good progress.

I'm surprised to hear I've progressed beyond what you even hoped for. Knowing you I figure you actually hope I'll get completely over this. My shrink says he thinks I have a chance to get farther past a lot of this that many people do because of the sheer amount of time spent working on me.

OK, my house. It's a small 3 bedroom one bath brick house that I bought new in the late 80's. It cost about $40k at the time and the area never bubbled, so it's probably worth 60 now. I did do a lot of work on the yard, as you saw a while back. A lot of flowers and rocks. Pretty distinctive. I did all the work myself, no way I could afford to pay someone to do all that. Unfortunately there's no way I can do that kind of work anymore, so I'm having a contractor put in my back deck. A friend of mine is doing the arranging there. The only thing I've done to the house itself was to build a roof over a front deck I added. I now have more square footage in decks than inside.

It sounds like you like to spend a lot of time sitting outside. Your yard is beautiful, by the way.

Yeah, but what if I don’t like who I find out I am? I’ve often wondered that. Oh, you'll like her. She's really special. And funny. It sounds like a blind date, doesn't it?

If I could go back in time knowing what I know now things would be so different. How far can I go back? 2008? I decline the Afghanistan vacation so I don’t get shot. 1994? I don’t marry me EX, and I save myself a lot of heartache. 1982? I keep my husband from driving anywhere that night so a drunk driver can’t kill him. I can think of several others, those are just a few of the high points. But now I get to take everything I’ve learned so far and try to go forward in life. I have to relearn a lot of things, and learn how to do some things different. 1980. Buy stock in a company called Apple Computers. Don't ever sell it.

I know those demons in my head are really inside my own head. It’s just easier and a fitting description to call them demons, because is a sense they are. Plus if I refer to them as demons I can picture you folks having a GT bash-fest on them and that’s therapeutic. It’s visualizing the help you’re giving me in banishing those thoughts from my head a little at a time.

For every blessing to you, you’re 100 times the blessing to me. Thank you all, too.
" I'm surprised to hear I've progressed beyond what you even hoped for. Knowing you I figure you actually hope I'll get completely over this."

Oh, I haven't given up on that. When I started giving you the writing assignments I had hoped that by writing things down you would get the crap out of your head and onto paper, and that would be a concrete way for you to have a reference point for your thoughts. You wouldn't keep churning things over and over but would think "oh I already wrote that." Then I asked you all those questions you really didn't want to answer so that you would think in different ways about why Greg saved you. And then I wrote all of those post about the Medal of Honor recipients who shared Greg's uncommon valor. By the way, reread my post #5971 sometime.
Quote:
I saw you responded to a post about this...

When you said that your shrink said that you had made a breakthrough I jumped for joy. And that's what I meant by you progressed beyond what I had hoped for. I know you still have a ways to go, but you are not in that dark place anymore. I believe now that you will recover.

The reason your "demons" were giving you such a hard time back during the middle of all those assignments was because they were confused and they didn't want to come out. But you named them and we attacked them with their counterparts of Love, Hope and Faith. Then we beat the crap out of them and put their heads on sticks. You won. I know they are still around when your physical pain is bad, but then don't hold the power they once did. And I have a whole yard full of trees to make pikes with.

I really don't even know how or why I got the idea for you to do the writing assignments. Divine inspiration, I guess. Maybe I'll get some more.

How old were you when your husband was killed? Just wondering. From the date it sounds like you were really young. That must have been hard on you that young and with no support. That's all I'm going to say.

You've said before that when you went home you didn't even feel like your house was yours. Can I make suggestion then? When you get home just pretend like you just bought it. Get some help and move furniture around. Paint a room. Buy new linens for your bed. Get some house plants and kill them. No, wait. That would be me. In other words, do things that will give you an ownership feel. Then get some friends over and break in that new deck. Let me know what time to show up.

Last edited by BobInTX; 04-21-2011 at 16:04..
Old 04-21-2011, 18:06   #7177
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Well, crud. I was responding to your post and my computer did something stupid and I lost it all. I'll try again later.
I've done that a time or 20. I avoid it a lot of times by typing my replies in Word, then pasting them in here. That way you folks don't know how bad my spelling is, especially when the meds are kicking in.

Quote:
Probably so, but I've been working in the yard lately and my body hates me.

<<< can sure relate to that. As I'm sure you know, since you know what my yard looks like.

1980. Buy stock in a company called Apple Computers. Don't ever sell it.

Grab and hold some Microsoft while you're at if. Better yet, be the one to bail Bill Gates out of jail.

It sounds like you like to spend a lot of time sitting outside. Your yard is beautiful, by the way.

Thanks, that took a lot of time, sweat, pain (not like the pain in my chest, though) and $$$. It bugs me to have to have someone finish what I started, but I just don't see being able to do that kind of work again. I have a sitting area that I've spent many hours just enjoying the view.

Oh, you'll like her. She's really special. And funny. It sounds like a blind date, doesn't it?

Oh she's special, all right...

Oh, that's not what you mean?

I'm going to have to think about the rest of this tomorrow. I didn't have much time to think about it and absorb it because of your computer giving you a hard time, Bob.

We've had storms from hell the last couple days. Up until now I've never gotten scared by weather outside the States. I've been in tornados and hurricanes, yeah they can scare me. Now, in the last couple days I've experienced sandstorms with 5 foot visibility and 60+mph gusts blowing that sand around, rain falling sideways with the sand still blowing, and part of the building next to mine getting torn off and blown against the metal building that serves as my office. Unfortunately I was inside when that happened. I got the hell back to my room by feeling my way along the T-walls and hescoes. I hope that's over with.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-21-2011, 18:50   #7178
bowbender7
Silly

Even high quality wrought iron needs sandblasted once in a while

I hope you find that complimentary and funny as intended.

Last edited by bowbender7; 04-21-2011 at 18:51..
bowbender7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 22:45   #7179
BobInTX

Quote:
I've done that a time or 20. I avoid it a lot of times by typing my replies in Word, then pasting them in here. That way you folks don't know how bad my spelling is, especially when the meds are kicking in.

I'm going to have to think about the rest of this tomorrow. I didn't have much time to think about it and absorb it because of your computer giving you a hard time, Bob.

We've had storms from hell the last couple days. Up until now I've never gotten scared by weather outside the States. I've been in tornados and hurricanes, yeah they can scare me. Now, in the last couple days I've experienced sandstorms with 5 foot visibility and 60+mph gusts blowing that sand around, rain falling sideways with the sand still blowing, and part of the building next to mine getting torn off and blown against the metal building that serves as my office. Unfortunately I was inside when that happened. I got the hell back to my room by feeling my way along the T-walls and hescoes. I hope that's over with.
See, what'd I tell you? She's funny. No, not special ed.

We had storms tonight with two tornadoes north of town. Not a single drop of rain at my house. Hopefully they got some where needed to help the fire situation. Your weather sounds awful

My work computer has a slide on the keyboard that let's you zoom in and out. I accidentally touched it and zoomed out to where it was unreadable. When I zoomed back to 100% my post was gone.
Old 04-22-2011, 17:27   #7180
sawgrass

Hi All,

I talked to LW and she is at the hospital. I would like to say that she wasn't feeling any pain but she was eventhough heavily medicated.

She had a breathing attack and her chest was acting up.

A PA came in to give her a shot to make her sleep.

So hopefully, sweet dreams LW.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!