Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-21-2011, 18:25   #1
2glock40s

G 10 grips for J frame

I also posted this in the Gun Parts and Accesories forum. Does anyone know if anyone makes G10 grips for the J frame?
"Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are just targets, Nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, One is a warrior, And he will bring the others back." -- Heraclitus
2glock40s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 19:09   #2
SuperSleuth

I haven't heard of any G10 revolver grips.

I don't know what exactly they're made of, but Precision Gun Specialties makes some good synthetic grips for J frames. I have a set for my 642, but I haven't had a chance to shoot with them yet. I have a set for my 65 (K frame) and I really like them. They're also not that expensive, usually $18-$20, so it shouldn't break the bank if you want to try them. Brownells usually has them in stock.
SuperSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:06   #3
Ajon412

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSleuth View Post
I haven't heard of any G10 revolver grips.

I don't know what exactly they're made of, but Precision Gun Specialties makes some good synthetic grips for J frames. I have a set for my 642, but I haven't had a chance to shoot with them yet. I have a set for my 65 (K frame) and I really like them. They're also not that expensive, usually $18-$20, so it shouldn't break the bank if you want to try them. Brownells usually has them in stock.
Ajon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 18:27   #4
glockjeeper
G19/J Frame fan

I know this is a few months late, but VZ Grips just recently started making some J frame grips in G10. I just ordered a red and a black set the other day.
http://vzgrips.com/

Last edited by glockjeeper; 04-03-2011 at 18:28..
glockjeeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 19:01   #5
SuperSleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockjeeper View Post
I know this is a few months late, but VZ Grips just recently started making some J frame grips in G10. I just ordered a red and a black set the other day.
http://vzgrips.com/
Oooooooooooh...

*checks wallet*

Uh-oh...

SuperSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 19:25   #6
up1911fan

Those VZ's look really good.
up1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 20:01   #7
glockjeeper
G19/J Frame fan

I'll let everyone know how they do when I get them on a couple of my snubbies. The email said they go out Tuesday so I hope to have them by the end of the week.

I got the red set for my 36-7 because I liked them on that 36 on their website, looked good with the polished blue finish. The black set is probably going on my 642-1, but I have two other stainless Js that they would look good on too.

I have Uncle Mikes boot grips (rubber versions of Spegels) on all my snubbies. These VZs look similiar so I really wanted to try them out as I like to keep boot grips on them for the compactness of the design.
Old 04-12-2011, 14:45   #8
glockjeeper
G19/J Frame fan

Finally came today, here's some pics. The fit is excellent.

The Snubbie Club
The Snubbie Club
The Snubbie Club
The Snubbie Club
The Snubbie Club
Old 04-14-2011, 07:35   #9
G19aps

It would have been awesome if they made Centennial-specific models where the grip panel would go all the way up the shoulder like the spegels were.
G19aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 20:57   #10
glockjeeper
G19/J Frame fan

Well I have some not so good news.

Went shooting earlier with the red set on my 36-7 and the black set on my 642-1. All I can say is OWW! The bottom of the grip is flat and digs into my pinky when firing. The dished out area for the speedloader also digs into my thumb and web area when firing.

Needless to say I wasn't very happy. I came home and swapped my Uncle Mikes back on both and will be contacting VZ about a solution. If I can't return them they will be for sale if anyones interested.

This is just me and my experience. I still believe VZ makes a quality product. Just think it needs a few more rounded edges and maybe some checkering too, as they also seem a little slick to me.
Old 04-19-2011, 14:04   #11
50 Cent

Nods

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockjeeper View Post
Well I have some not so good news.

Went shooting earlier with the red set on my 36-7 and the black set on my 642-1. All I can say is OWW! The bottom of the grip is flat and digs into my pinky when firing. The dished out area for the speedloader also digs into my thumb and web area when firing.

Needless to say I wasn't very happy. I came home and swapped my Uncle Mikes back on both and will be contacting VZ about a solution. If I can't return them they will be for sale if anyones interested.

This is just me and my experience. I still believe VZ makes a quality product. Just think it needs a few more rounded edges and maybe some checkering too, as they also seem a little slick to me.

Do they cover the backstrap on the 642? I LUV good wood on a snubby but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be practical. Had a set of SS grips and they sure looked good but smarted during a range session. So I ended up putting a pair Pachmayr Compacts on it (like I have on my M85 & SP 101) and never looked back. The Pacs made drawing/gripping and firing during an extended range session easy and comfortable and didn't compromise the concealability of the 642.

Nothing pretty or romantic looking about them but then again a bad guy isn't going be grading your grips for good looks if you have to clear leather in a SD situation.