GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:46   #21
9x45

Your defensiveness at having "been busted" is making you look all the worse???

The RO didn't call it, I don't know how you can. I have seen a number of DQ's for all kinds of reasons in the last 40 years, and have seen at least a dozen people shoot themselves and others.

but I'm a 'B' class shooter and only joined 6 weeks ago. Ummmm, you don't look all that great, honestly. Your classification? Yes, no one ever has videos...... Classified in 6 weeks, you must have only shot classifiers then, I'm surprised Sedro Wooly could process it that fast

That stage was one week after a bout with pneumonia, B Class Open.
9x45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:52   #22
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

The only reason we can call it is because you came out and said it.
waktasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:58   #23
9x45

The only reason we can call it is because you came out and said it. Actually I don't remember. Shouldn't have been shooting that soon after the pnenomia anyway.

ron59, 6 weeks into the game..... So you should make GM in another 12 weeks? Come back after 6 years. It's a very long hard climb after B class, you will find out.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:03   #24
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9x45 View Post
The only reason we can call it is because you came out and said it. Actually I don't remember. Shouldn't have been shooting that soon after the pnenomia anyway.

ron59, 6 weeks into the game..... So you should make GM in another 12 weeks? Come back after 6 years. It's a very long hard climb after B class, you will find out.
How long have you been using the internet? No one has shown you how to use the QUOTE feature?

A71357

Go to this page:
http://www.uspsa.org/member-support.php

Type in the above number. The Ron59 is Ron Moles. Yes, that's me.
It shows my join date as 3/01/11.

We were supposed to shoot a match this past Saturday, it got rained out. In March, the club held a special "Classifier Match", where all 5 stages were legal classification stages, and you can see all of my scores were entered on the same date.

This was not my first time shooting a gun. Duh. I first started shooting 2 years ago, mostly shooting GSSF for that time, but that is not working from a holster or even reloading on the clock... however, I have been practicing those skills. I've probably shot a total of 6 IDPA matches in two years. So doing the occasional "dry fire" working from holster and reloading drills has me trained enough to be a B classed shooter. Maybe you're just not very good ?

No, I don't have a video. I *do* have USPSA classifier system as my evidence. Yes, I'm "barely" classed as B, but for as few times as I've shot USPSA, I think that's pretty dang good. If you think "it's a long hard climb to B", I'm betting that you're at your limit. Six years? SIX YEARS!!?? I'm just getting started here, 2 years and a few months. And I'm 52. I may never make GM (probably won't), but 6 years to make 'B' is kinda sad if you ask me. You certainly wouldn't see me bragging about it.

Dude, you're digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole. Going for a grave ?

Quote:
WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!

Last edited by ron59; 04-18-2011 at 13:00..
ron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 13:23   #25
9x45

but 6 years to make 'B' is kinda sad if you ask me. I said (to you) come back after 6 years (not that it took me that long to classify). You certainly have allot of advice for someone who has not played the game very long. You don't want to move up by classification, but by match wins. I shot D class for several years.

Going for a grave ? No, not mine.

Regarding classification:

I’m 60 years old, suffer from Osteoarthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis for the last 15 years (have to take infusions), a cataract surgery, 60% vision loss in the other eye, ruptured a lower disc 24 years ago, multiple motorcycle injuries, 2 hernias, couple of holes in me, and multiple cancer surgeries. GM might have been a reality 40 years ago, but not now. All I have to do is live longer than any other shooter in my division and classification.

You guys are just pups, with only a handful of matches under your belt. Sure, you may have quick movements, perfect eyesight, and can hop and down. And I hope you do well in the game. But both of you guys have a lot to learn.

Last edited by 9x45; 04-18-2011 at 13:24..
Old 04-18-2011, 13:35   #26
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
but 6 years to make 'B' is kinda sad if you ask me. I said (to you) come back after 6 years (not that it took me that long to classify). You certainly have allot of advice for someone who has not played the game very long. You don't want to move up by classification, but by match wins. I shot D class for several years.

Going for a grave ? No, not mine.

Regarding classification:

I’m 60 years old, suffer from Osteoarthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis for the last 15 years (have to take infusions), a cataract surgery, 60% vision loss in the other eye, ruptured a lower disc 24 years ago, multiple motorcycle injuries, 2 hernias, couple of holes in me, and multiple cancer surgeries. GM might have been a reality 40 years ago, but not now. All I have to do is live longer than any other shooter in my division and classification.

You guys are just pups, with only a handful of matches under your belt. Sure, you may have quick movements, perfect eyesight, and can hop and down. And I hope you do well in the game. But both of you guys have a lot to learn.
Advice? Don't see where I gave any, except where I said that you don't have to take your finger off the trigger to transition, unless movement is involved. That is not advice *from me*, but the rule book.

As far as "moving up" by wins/classification, being as I only started 6 weeks ago there's plenty of time for that. All I've done is show up at a match and shoot as best as I could. I don't sandbag, and I will show up at a match, already have one picked out.

The one thing that *needs* to be learned by anyone reading this thread, is that you need to have your finger OFF the trigger while moving. As so CLEARLY is stated in the rules in post #14.

Or you might not live to be 60. Or 61.

Quote:

Last edited by ron59; 04-18-2011 at 13:39..
Old 04-18-2011, 19:53   #27
WellArmedSheep
NRA Member

Quote:
In this video the only time my finger is off the trigger is during the run for the reload, otherwise on and prepped.
Like others have said, this is a DQ'able offense according to USPSA and IDPA if you are moving between positions and not actively engaging targets.

Quote:
The RO didn't call it, I don't know how you can. I have seen a number of DQ's for all kinds of reasons in the last 40 years, and have seen at least a dozen people shoot themselves and others.

but I'm a 'B' class shooter and only joined 6 weeks ago. Ummmm, you don't look all that great, honestly. Your classification? Yes, no one ever has videos...... Classified in 6 weeks, you must have only shot classifiers then, I'm surprised Sedro Wooly could process it that fast

That stage was one week after a bout with pneumonia, B Class Open.
Just because the RO didn't call it doesn't make it any less against the rules or unsafe. The length of time you've been shooting and your classification have nothing to do with how safely you handle a firearm or your knowledge of the rules. The fact that you've supposedly seen so many people shoot themselves and other people tells me that safety must be pretty lax in your area. Run around with your trigger prepped in any other part of the country (or world) and you'll be DQ'ed in a heartbeat.

I've got videos. I've got multiple upper-level classifications in IDPA (and I'm working on a couple in USPSA). I'm not going to post them. Most D-class Production newbies know to keep their fingers off the trigger while moving. In fact, it's one of the first things mentioned in new shooter briefings at EVERY club I shoot with- USPSA and IDPA.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
WellArmedSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:01   #28
9x45

Got some unwanted news from the oncologist yesterday, have to go back to Mayo Clinic and give another pound or two of flesh. I wont be in the game for awhile, so here is hoping that both of you make Grand Master. Shoot fast, have fun.
Shalom, boyz
Old 04-19-2011, 09:29   #29
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Got some unwanted news from the oncologist yesterday, have to go back to Mayo Clinic and give another pound or two of flesh. I wont be in the game for awhile, so here is hoping that both of you make Grand Master. Shoot fast, have fun.
Shalom, boyz
Sorry to hear about your news.

God Bless.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2011, 11:31   #30
9x45

ron59, thanks partner. Fly out tonight, exploratory on Friday. The upside, I'll be a few pounds lighter, and should be faster....
Old 04-19-2011, 14:13   #31
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
ron59, thanks partner. Fly out tonight, exploratory on Friday. The upside, I'll be a few pounds lighter, and should be faster....
That's what happened to Lance Armstrong!

Allez, Allez!

(That's what the French yell to bike riders as they fly by... it's an encouraging "come on, let's go!" )

Quote:

Tags
reset, target, transition, trigger