Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-14-2011, 20:49   #7141
bowbender7
Silly

Holy hell, right now seems to be a time for a lot of people I know and some that I dont to be strong.

The cream rises to the top. Sounds easy but it is not. Thanks to the good folks who reach out even just a little to provide some momentum to those who need it at the right time.

This thread really hits my heart. I have denigrated myself in the past for not feeling like I do enough for our troops but I remember that little donation I made to a charity that was raising funds for new body armor a couple years ago. Fast forward to now and I feel like maybe I did something that changed someones life. This thread tells me it did.
From what I've gathered, especially from the initial breakdown of what happened, those who protected you would be proud and would have absolutely no regrets. I know this in my heart girl.

Thats the way I see it.

Women can be so strong it is amazing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bowbender7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:58   #7142
sawgrass

Did you sleep at all?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:03   #7143
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Hey Sweet Pea,...........how YOU doin?!

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 04-15-2011 at 06:04..
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:38   #7144
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbender7 View Post
Holy hell, right now seems to be a time for a lot of people I know and some that I dont to be strong.

The cream rises to the top. Sounds easy but it is not. Thanks to the good folks who reach out even just a little to provide some momentum to those who need it at the right time.

This thread really hits my heart. I have denigrated myself in the past for not feeling like I do enough for our troops but I remember that little donation I made to a charity that was raising funds for new body armor a couple years ago. Fast forward to now and I feel like maybe I did something that changed someones life. This thread tells me it did.
From what I've gathered, especially from the initial breakdown of what happened, those who protected you would be proud and would have absolutely no regrets. I know this in my heart girl.

Thats the way I see it.

Women can be so strong it is amazing!
bowbender7 I would like to thank you for making that contribution. You helped Wolfe survive and who knows how many more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Body armor? Yeah, you need to come home.

I'm glad you are to the point that he can reduce your pain meds some. Keep working hard physically, because it's working.
I would agree with that Wolfe. You should get out of there as soon as you possible can. Is there any chance your doctor can arrange for at least some care for you here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
What I've noticed in recent months is when the pain isn't flared up for one reason of another, the 'normal' amount of pain seems to be decreasing. Not a huge amount, but noticeable. I don't know if it's just a case of my getting used to it, but my doc says it's because my chest is still healing. So what he says he'll do is slowly lower the Oxy that I'm on 24/7, but give me more add-on meds as needed. When it flares up sometimes it gets as bad as ever, depending on what caused the flare-up. One thing he's said a few times it that everything inside "is where it's supposed to be", so he thinks I'll keep progressing for some time to come. He said he wishes he could keep me here for at least another year. ..... I don't think so....

Please keep Skidoo and family in your thoughts. His BIL's sister continues to hang on, but is in great pain and halucinating. Also, Silent_Runner needs thoughts and prayers.
The reduction in pain you feel is excellent news. Your chest in making progress along with your mental state. Hopefully you will be recovered enough not to need constant medical care soon. I hope you will return to the US as soon as that happens in you have not already.

I thank you all for the prayers for me and will continue to keep 23skidoo and his family in mine.

Quote:
I don't think there's any caves deep enough to hide you after THAT suggestion.....

Today didn't seem to go real well to me, but my shrink seemed reasonably pleased. I think a lot of my crankiness when he tried to dig was just plain tiredness. I've been having a really bad time falling asleep lately, as you can see by the time of this post. I took my meds a few hours ago and I can feel them trying, but not succeeding to knock me out.

Why would I find it uncomfortable that life is for the living? The only time it bothers me that I beat long odds is when I'm wishing I hadn't. That demon still rears his ugly head at times, he needs his head bashed in again. I need to keep him at bay, I think I still got something to do. And I do want to get to feeling better, I've about forgotten what that feels like.
23skidoo I would suggest you get your affairs in order before Wolfe leaves Iraq. You will be missed.

Wolfe if your shrink is pleased in spite of your irritability them possibly he thinks you are near the bottom of the well of bad thoughts. That would make many of us more than just reasonably pleased.

You keep keeping that demon at bay and I will gladly bash his head in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:56   #7145
BobInTX

I'm going to start praying that Wolfe will get the medical and psycological help she needs when she gets home. Also for healing.

I'd appreciate your prayers for us here in West Texas. It is so dry here this year that we are having bad grass fires. They had to evacuate a whole town about 40 miles from here last night. Thankfully they were able to contain the fire and divert it around town.

I had ashes on my car last night. We need rain bad.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:25   #7146
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt

Popping in to say

Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 18:01   #7147
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbender7 View Post

Thats the way I see it.

Women can be so strong it is amazing! : nsb:
You did make a difference. When I went to CRC and got 'that' set of body armor issued the person giving it to me commented that I was getting the new kind of plates. I didn't think too much about it at the time, I just took them and the rest of my gear and got myself ready to go.

I really think that bullet would have gone through the old type of plates. It almost went through anyway, because it was fired from so close. That and from what I keep hearing there's a pretty wide range of ammo quality over there and I just got unlucky. I know I posted this in here a while ago, but when I came back over as a civilian the issuer tried to give me a much smaller, lighter set. I told him he was out of his mind if I was taking that, and made him give me set of the same kind as my original. The guy thought I was insane, but I didn't feel like explaining.

I'm thankful for people like you that care about us and help us get better equipment. I'm alive today because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Did you sleep at all?: hugs:
Sleep? What's that?

I got a little, hope to get more tonight. The meds are starting to get to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Hey Sweet Pea,...........how YOU doin?!
I'm getting there, how are YOU doing?

Quote:
I'm going to start praying that Wolfe will get the medical and psycological help she needs when she gets home. Also for healing.

I'd appreciate your prayers for us here in West Texas. It is so dry here this year that we are having bad grass fires. They had to evacuate a whole town about 40 miles from here last night. Thankfully they were able to contain the fire and divert it around town.

I had ashes on my car last night. We need rain bad.
Damn, it's wayyyyy to early in the season to be that dry! Prayers definitely going up that you folks get some rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
: kilt:: kilt:: kilt:

Popping in to say

Scott
Hey back at ya!!! How you been? Missed you around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I would agree with that Wolfe. You should get out of there as soon as you possible can. Is there any chance your doctor can arrange for at least some care for you here?

As you know the nearest VA hospital is 90 miles from me, and can take 6 weeks to get an appointment. When I get to where I only need to go to the doc once every 6 weeks I'll be fine with the VA. Until then I need a better solution. This is the best one I know of.

Wolfe if your shrink is pleased in spite of your irritability them possibly he thinks you are near the bottom of the well of bad thoughts. That would make many of us more than just reasonably pleased.

You keep keeping that demon at bay and I will gladly bash his head in.
You miss Skidoo too, eh? He's gone way into hiding, we may never see him again. Hope he's at least got beer and an internet connection in that cave.

I think he does think that. He said something pretty similar to that, he likened it to scraping out the dregs. Bash away.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 20:10   #7148
sawgrass

I so hope you are sleeping tonight.

Bob I wish I could send you a little water. The river is out, we are experiencing record flooding, it's been raining today and is snowing hard now.
I put the doggie out and I'm sure she said 'not this **** again."

(lw the first guy took the boat!)
Old 04-16-2011, 15:59   #7149
sawgrass

Lone_Wolfe and I were chatting and she isn't feeling well. She was going to post but she said her hands were shaking and she was having sharp
chest pains. She called for a ride to the hospital, and they said they were on their way.

I'm very concerned about LW's inability to sleep lately.
LW, we all love you.
Old 04-16-2011, 19:54   #7150
BobInTX

Thanks, SG.

Get better, Wolfe.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:49   #7151
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! Can I come out of hiding now? I'll wash and wax your Mustang. The sleep of the just Sweetheart.
Old 04-17-2011, 18:42   #7152
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

First of all, we had a mail run today. So I need to know, who had the truffles sent to me???

Quote:
I so hope you are sleeping tonight.

Bob I wish I could send you a little water. The river is out, we are experiencing record flooding, it's been raining today and is snowing hard now.
I put the doggie out and I'm sure she said 'not this **** again."

(lw the first guy took the boat!)
Poor Chloe, she needs her fur petted off.

Too bad we can't send some of that water Bob's way, sounds like you've got enough to make a difference there.

Quote:
Lone_Wolfe and I were chatting and she isn't feeling well. She was going to post but she said her hands were shaking and she was having sharp
chest pains. She called for a ride to the hospital, and they said they were on their way.

I'm very concerned about LW's inability to sleep lately. : hugs:: hugs:
LW, we all love you.
Thanks, I love all of you too.

I was having some sharp pains in one area of my chest last night that started getting worse all of a sudden around midnight. It felt like someone was sticking a knife in just to the right of my sternum just above ground zero. I hesitated taking my sleep meds because I thought I was going to end up walking to the hospital. Then it got so bad I didn't even trust myself to walk that short distance, so I called and someone came and picked me and Mandy up. Couldn't forget her, of course.

So I got in there and got a needle stuck in my arm and pretty doped up, when the PA on duty came in and stuck a needleful of something in my IV, then said "Say goodnight, Gracie". I said "Goodnight Gracie", and woke up to my doctor saying I'd missed mass. Of well, I didn't care. They's knocked me out, then let that wear off and switched me to sleep meds during the night, but some mega ones. Turns out the pain in my chest was from more of my terrorists abuse, and he gave me some muscle relaxers that I can take during the day to help the spasms relax. They seem to be helping, but my night ones are working even better.

Quote:
Thanks, SG.

Get better, Wolfe.
I'm trying. How's things in your area? BTW, can I post that pic you sent me a coue weeks ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! Can I come out of hiding now? I'll wash and wax your Mustang. The sleep of the just Sweetheart.: hearts:: iloveyou:
No, you can't. One wash and wax just won't do it. You're not getting off that easy! I'll think of letting you come out of the cave once the car has an inch thick coat of wax on it!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-17-2011, 19:57   #7153
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
I was having some sharp pains in one area of my chest last night that started getting worse all of a sudden around midnight. It felt like someone was sticking a knife in just to the right of my sternum just above ground zero. I hesitated taking my sleep meds because I thought I was going to end up walking to the hospital. Then it got so bad I didn't even trust myself to walk that short distance, so I called and someone came and picked me and Mandy up. Couldn't forget her, of course.

So I got in there and got a needle stuck in my arm and pretty doped up, when the PA on duty came in and stuck a needleful of something in my IV, then said "Say goodnight, Gracie". I said "Goodnight Gracie", and woke up to my doctor saying I'd missed mass. Of well, I didn't care. They's knocked me out, then let that wear off and switched me to sleep meds during the night, but some mega ones. Turns out the pain in my chest was from more of my terrorists abuse, and he gave me some muscle relaxers that I can take during the day to help the spasms relax. They seem to be helping, but my night ones are working even better.
My friend...I am so sorry you are having so many pain issues. I will let Jesus deliver my hugs to you. The strongest arms possible, giving the gentlest hugs ever. I will spend some extra quality time in prayer for you tonight. I really wish you would give extra consideration into coming home...I really believe it would do you good emotionally.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 20:00   #7154
BobInTX

Sure, you can post it.

Glad you're doing better.

And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 2 Co 5:15

Last edited by BobInTX; 04-17-2011 at 20:01..
Old 04-17-2011, 21:11   #7155
BobInTX

I just heard on the news that a guy from our church lost his home to one of the grass fires today.
Old 04-18-2011, 18:11   #7156
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I just heard on the news that a guy from our church lost his home to one of the grass fires today.
Wow, sad news. He and his are in my prayers. No one was hurt I hope?

Quote:
Sure, you can post it.

Glad you're doing better.

And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 2 Co 5:15
OK, here goes a cuteness overload.
Okie Memorial Area

My chest isn't screaming so bad anymore, the muscle relaxers worked well on the spasms. My physical terrorist was pretty happy today too. He tested my range of motion and while I can't pull my arms back near where I used to be able to, he said the range I have now is considered normal. The only thing still subpar is my air intake capacity. I still can't expand my chest as well as I need to be able to. It's better than it was, though.

He was working on strenght exercises with me today and said he'd set me up for a massage after my session. He thinks that'll do me a lot of good getting the damaged area to loosen up. I was apprehensive because of the location, but went into the massaged therapist's office anyway. I didn't know it, but we have a new massage therapist in town and it's a she. She's there in another job, but her civilian job included massage therapy and she agreed to see me. I laid down and she did her thing right down both sides of the sternum, but she wasn't as rough as I expected. It seemed to help a little bit, so she said she'd try to see me at least once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
My friend...I am so sorry you are having so many pain issues. I will let Jesus deliver my hugs to you. The strongest arms possible, giving the gentlest hugs ever. I will spend some extra quality time in prayer for you tonight. I really wish you would give extra consideration into coming home...I really believe it would do you good emotionally.
I have some really mixed feelings about coming home that I may talk more about in the next couple days. I want to talk to my shrink about it some, to see if the things I'm thinking are normal. Wait, is anything going through MY head normal?

I think I got off light in the pain flare-up this time. At least in that it passed fairly quickly, because when it was happening it didn't feel mild. Doc wants to keep me on a mild muscle relaxer during the day, along with the knock me on my butt ones I take at night. I like the idea of those extra-gentle hugs, but then don't I always?

My shrink session went OK today, not as bad as some sessions.I didn't get much sleep at all last night, so he had an easier time pushing me until I snapped and then cried a little. That was what he wanted, and he said he thinks I've gotten most all of the crap out of my head. He said next I'll have to sort it out and find a place to put it in my head where I can accept it all. I think I know what he meant by that, but I'd rather not have it there at all. But I guess forgetting isn't an option. I wouldn't want to forget Greg or his sacrifice anyway.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-18-2011, 18:19   #7157
okie
GT Mayor

Keep your chin up dear, love you sweetheart

Last edited by okie; 04-18-2011 at 18:20..
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 20:04   #7158
BobInTX

Quote:
Wow, sad news. He and his are in my prayers. No one was hurt I hope?

OK, here goes a cuteness overload.
Okie Memorial Area

My chest isn't screaming so bad anymore, the muscle relaxers worked well on the spasms. My physical terrorist was pretty happy today too. He tested my range of motion and while I can't pull my arms back near where I used to be able to, he said the range I have now is considered normal. The only thing still subpar is my air intake capacity. I still can't expand my chest as well as I need to be able to. It's better than it was, though.

He was working on strenght exercises with me today and said he'd set me up for a massage after my session. He thinks that'll do me a lot of good getting the damaged area to loosen up. I was apprehensive because of the location, but went into the massaged therapist's office anyway. I didn't know it, but we have a new massage therapist in town and it's a she. She's there in another job, but her civilian job included massage therapy and she agreed to see me. I laid down and she did her thing right down both sides of the sternum, but she wasn't as rough as I expected. It seemed to help a little bit, so she said she'd try to see me at least once a week.

I have some really mixed feelings about coming home that I may talk more about in the next couple days. I want to talk to my shrink about it some, to see if the things I'm thinking are normal. Wait, is anything going through MY head normal?

I think I got off light in the pain flare-up this time. At least in that it passed fairly quickly, because when it was happening it didn't feel mild. Doc wants to keep me on a mild muscle relaxer during the day, along with the knock me on my butt ones I take at night. I like the idea of those extra-gentle hugs, but then don't I always?

My shrink session went OK today, not as bad as some sessions.I didn't get much sleep at all last night, so he had an easier time pushing me until I snapped and then cried a little. That was what he wanted, and he said he thinks I've gotten most all of the crap out of my head. He said next I'll have to sort it out and find a place to put it in my head where I can accept it all. I think I know what he meant by that, but I'd rather not have it there at all. But I guess forgetting isn't an option. I wouldn't want to forget Greg or his sacrifice anyway.
I don't think anyone was killed in THAT fire, but a volunteer firefighter was killed last week about 60 miles from here.

What a cute pic. Wherever did you get it?

I'm glad to hear you have normal range of motion in your arms. That sounds like great progress.

If you can, see if you can get a scalp massage. You won't care about anything. Glad it was a woman for you.

I know coming home for good will be difficult for you, being the "real" world and all. God has been taking good care of you. He's not going to quit now.

You won't ever forget, but you can learn to deal with it. I think you are making great progress in that regard. Your way up the top of the mountain from where you were when you did my first writing exercise. I'm so proud of you.

Last edited by BobInTX; 04-18-2011 at 20:09..
Old 04-19-2011, 10:56   #7159
sawgrass

LW, doggie is sick. She has been puking and pooping all night.
I boiled some burger and got a pepcid down her. I cancelled tonight.
I won't leave her or kennel her like this.

I'm glad your chest relaxed. How's the sleep? Are you sleeping in your chu,
or going in? I get extra worried when you're up too long. You know it makes
everything worse.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:00   #7160
BobInTX

sawgrass, could your dog have drunk some of the standing water outside? Sometimes they can get giardia and display those symptoms. You may need to get her to the vet so she doesn't get dehydrated.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!