Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:29   #7126
23skidoo
Deceased

Maybe Dr. Nice will ship your Mustang to Iraq so you can cruise the base in style.
Old 04-12-2011, 16:31   #7127
OldLincoln

>> I know when it pops into my head without warning, which it does constantly, the first thing I usually feel is the guilt that I've been trying to fight off. <<

Yep, getting better!! Next is to curse the flashback itself then drop it like a hot iron and move on. It's just like the point of a spear from the devil and not worth reliving any more than you have to. Thing is don't let that part get/keep you down.
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 17:35   #7128
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Maybe Dr. Nice will ship your Mustang to Iraq so you can cruise the base in style. : hearts:: iloveyou:
Have you lost you freakin' mind?!?!?! Do you have any idea what the sand and dust storms would do to my nice Mustang?!?!?! And what happens when a rocket lands near my pretty car? I guarantee my insurance company would consider that an act or war and refuse to pay for it. And how much protection would it give me?

You're just trying to off me, I knew it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Keep your chin up sweetheart, and I love ya honey: hearts:: hugs:
Love you too, sweetheart okie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbender7 View Post
Can't believe I've not read this thread until now..

It was worth a tear, and a smile. Good luck to you LW!
I can guarantee it's brought tears, smiles and more from me many times over.

And thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Welcome. Did you read all 7000+ posts?

Good thing we've all got each other to lean on.
I seriously doubt it, that would take a while. But he's more than welcome to.

Bob, you're right, but I do way more than my fair share of the leaning.

Quote:
Not quite, but I now understand why this thread is so long. We truly have some amazing people fighting for us!
We also have some amazing people back in the states doing what they can to help us out over here, even if it's pour their time and hearts into posting on an internet forum to help someone they've never met. Pretty amazing, if you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
>> I know when it pops into my head without warning, which it does constantly, the first thing I usually feel is the guilt that I've been trying to fight off. <<

Yep, getting better!! Next is to curse the flashback itself then drop it like a hot iron and move on. It's just like the point of a spear from the devil and not worth reliving any more than you have to. Thing is don't let that part get/keep you down.
Curse it and drop it, that's a good idea. I already spend a lot of time cursing them, especially when they catch me at a weaker moment and I can't push the guilt aside. Then I cuss it bad. I got to work on the dropping it part now.

Thanks for the input, my friend.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 19:00   #7129
23skidoo
Deceased

Okay Sweetheart, the Mustang stays in storage.
Old 04-12-2011, 20:03   #7130
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Originalģ

Heya... just droppin' in!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 20:44   #7131
sawgrass

Hey LW, two more days!
SR, no I don't want to be a nurse. But if I were I'm sure I would be getting more than straight time for this.

LW I could babysit that bike and that Mustang for you. S used to train Ford
technicians, I could make sure it's in tip top shape. I've got the familiar
Spring fever of wanting a bike. I mentioned wanting one the other day. NOT
a favorable response. If I get one, I'm going to need a place to live...too.

LW, I hope the next shrink visit goes well, and that the forward progress however painful continues. You ARE getting better.

I hope you don't find this uncomfortable, but LW life is for the living. You know there aren't any guarantees. Somehow you beat the odds. I know Greg played a role in that, but YOU beat the odds. People die everyday from far less than what happened to you, regardless of intervention. Unless maybe
divine intervention. That's a conversation for when I'm far less tired.

Skidoo, I'm so sorry about your loss and the continued trials your family is dealing with. A great BIG HUG for you too.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:09   #7132
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Hey LW, two more days!
SR, no I don't want to be a nurse. But if I were I'm sure I would be getting more than straight time for this.

I hope you don't find this uncomfortable, but LW life is for the living. You know there aren't any guarantees. Somehow you beat the odds. I know Greg played a role in that, but YOU beat the odds. People die everyday from far less than what happened to you, regardless of intervention. Unless maybe
divine intervention. That's a conversation for when I'm far less tired.

Skidoo, I'm so sorry about your loss and the continued trials your family is dealing with. A great BIG HUG for you too.
Yes you would but you might be working some insane hours. Every time my department gets back on a regular schedule we lose one or more nurses and the others are back to filling in. I am losing my mind at times.

Your words are wise and true. 23skidoo your family is in my prayers also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
We also have some amazing people back in the states doing what they can to help us out over here, even if it's pour their time and hearts into posting on an internet forum to help someone they've never met. Pretty amazing, if you think about it.

Curse it and drop it, that's a good idea. I already spend a lot of time cursing them, especially when they catch me at a weaker moment and I can't push the guilt aside. Then I cuss it bad. I got to work on the dropping it part now.

Thanks for the input, my friend.
I agree with you on that Wolfe. People can really amaze me at times after hearing about all the bad in the world. Then I come in here and get my opinion adjusted. I know some of you on this forum have asked me why I have not discussed the issues in my life here. The reason is because this is not my home forum. I go to another more than I do here and have my friends praying for me and giving me support there. I would rather the people in here concentrate their prayers on Wolfe although I do appreciate any prayers sent on my behalf.

Wolfe I like the idea od cursing and dropping that bad thought like it was a poisonous snake. That is what it is to you. Drop it and get angry at it and leave it behind.

Quote:
Maybe Dr. Nice will ship your Mustang to Iraq so you can cruise the base in style. ::
23skidoo you might as well find yourself a cave to hide in for suggesting she ruin her beloved Mustang! We will miss you.

Quote:
Not quite, but I now understand why this thread is so long. We truly have some amazing people fighting for us!
Yes we do. Anyone who would go over there and fight in the conditions Wolfe did is amazing in my opinion.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:33   #7133
23skidoo
Deceased

<<<<<<Looking for a nice deep cave per S_R's suggestion. Miss S_R, you are in my prayers also.

Miss Lone_, the sleep of the just Sweetheart.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 04-13-2011 at 12:34..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 18:12   #7134
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
<<<<<<Looking for a nice deep cave per S_R's suggestion. Miss S_R, you are in my prayers also.

Miss Lone_, the sleep of the just Sweetheart.: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I don't think there's any caves deep enough to hide you after THAT suggestion.....

And I'll take the sleep of the just, or any sleep for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Heya... just droppin' in!
Heya back at ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I agree with you on that Wolfe. People can really amaze me at times after hearing about all the bad in the world. Then I come in here and get my opinion adjusted. I know some of you on this forum have asked me why I have not discussed the issues in my life here. The reason is because this is not my home forum. I go to another more than I do here and have my friends praying for me and giving me support there. I would rather the people in here concentrate their prayers on Wolfe although I do appreciate any prayers sent on my behalf.

Wolfe I like the idea of cursing and dropping that bad thought like it was a poisonous snake. That is what it is to you. Drop it and get angry at it and leave it behind.
I know we'll still keep up the prayers for you even if you don't give up the details, and if you change your mind I think I can safely speak for everyone in here and say they'd be glad to make our prayers more specific.

A poisonous snake is a good analogy, I'll bet my shrink will like that. Today he pushed me to try to dig out more crap and I did the angry part pretty well. I'm not sure why, but when he started digging and prodding I closed myself off more than I have lately and he got clawed some. Not a total face removal, but worth an honorable mention.

Quote:
Hey LW, two more days!

LW I could babysit that bike and that Mustang for you. S used to train Ford
technicians, I could make sure it's in tip top shape. I've got the familiar
Spring fever of wanting a bike. I mentioned wanting one the other day. NOT
a favorable response. If I get one, I'm going to need a place to live...too.
Something tells me the accelerator pedal would be in VERRRRY tip top shape once you 2 got ahold of it. haha

And yeah, I cam inagine the reaction if you show up with a bike. I'll gladly be here in Iraq when you do.

LW, I hope the next shrink visit goes well, and that the forward progress however painful continues. You ARE getting better.

divine intervention. That's a conversation for when I'm far less tired.: hugs:

I know you'll be glad for some downtime, and I'll be glad to see you around more.

Today didn't seem to go real well to me, but my shrink seemed reasonably pleased. I think a lot of my crankiness when he tried to dig was just plain tiredness. I've been having a really bad time falling asleep lately, as you can see by the time of this post. I took my meds a few hours ago and I can feel them trying, but not succeeding to knock me out.

Why would I find it uncomfortable that life is for the living? The only time it bothers me that I beat long odds is when I'm wishing I hadn't. That demon still rears his ugly head at times, he needs his head bashed in again. I need to keep him at bay, I think I still got something to do. And I do want to get to feeling better, I've about forgotten what that feels like.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-13-2011, 21:08   #7135
sawgrass

Ok eight hrs tomorrow and off until Monday! Yipppeeee!
I hope you were able to sleep. That whole 'does not sleep' rarely ends well.
Old 04-13-2011, 21:09   #7136
BobInTX

Are you not sleeping because of all the crap coming out of your head, or is it more a medical issue?

Are those steroid injections helping your chest?

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 18:50   #7137
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Ok eight hrs tomorrow and off until Monday! Yipppeeee!
I hope you were able to sleep. That whole 'does not sleep' rarely ends well.
I know you're glad of that! What are you going to do with yourself, since you're not use to having time off anymore?

I'm still not sleeping with crap, maybe 3 hours a night. You're right, it doesn't end well, and I've been feeling rough from it. It's just making everything harder right now.

Quote:
Are you not sleeping because of all the crap coming out of your head, or is it more a medical issue?

Are those steroid injections helping your chest?

My shrink is convinced I'm not sleeping because of all the crap coming out of my head, my doc thinks it's because of my chest hurting and sometimes trouble breathing. I think they're both right. Lately things have gotten a little harder physically for me than they had been, but still not even close to what most people here have to do. One of the things is in the last couple weeks we've had to wear body armor here on the base. For me that's hard to do and painful, although not as bad as a year or so ago.

Plus my terrorist has been pushing me hard lately because the steroids have settled in and are doing what they're paid to do. He's been increasing my resistance, range of motion, and breathing capacity as fast as he can because he knows I may not be here much longer. They're all doing that, which is why my shrink is pushing me so hard too, I think.

My doc is thinking about making some changes to the pain meds I take every day. He wants to get off such a high dose of Oxy twice a day. What I've noticed in recent months is when the pain isn't flared up for one reason of another, the 'normal' amount of pain seems to be decreasing. Not a huge amount, but noticeable. I don't know if it's just a case of my getting used to it, but my doc says it's because my chest is still healing. So what he says he'll do is slowly lower the Oxy that I'm on 24/7, but give me more add-on meds as needed. When it flares up sometimes it gets as bad as ever, depending on what caused the flare-up. One thing he's said a few times it that everything inside "is where it's supposed to be", so he thinks I'll keep progressing for some time to come. He said he wishes he could keep me here for at least another year. ..... I don't think so....

Oh, and to both of you.

Please keep Skidoo and family in your thoughts. His BIL's sister continues to hang on, but is in great pain and halucinating. Also, Silent_Runner needs thoughts and prayers.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-14-2011, 19:50   #7138
BobInTX

Body armor? Yeah, you need to come home.

I'm glad you are to the point that he can reduce your pain meds some. Keep working hard physically, because it's working.
Old 04-14-2011, 19:58   #7139
sawgrass

Quote:

I'm glad you are to the point that he can reduce your pain meds some. Keep working hard physically, because it's working.

I agree.
Old 04-14-2011, 20:07   #7140
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

We don't wear it all the time, just a couple hours at a time twice in the last couple weeks. Hopefully that won't become a habit.

OK, now to try that sleep thing again.

all.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-14-2011, 20:49   #7141
bowbender7
Silly

Holy hell, right now seems to be a time for a lot of people I know and some that I dont to be strong.

The cream rises to the top. Sounds easy but it is not. Thanks to the good folks who reach out even just a little to provide some momentum to those who need it at the right time.

This thread really hits my heart. I have denigrated myself in the past for not feeling like I do enough for our troops but I remember that little donation I made to a charity that was raising funds for new body armor a couple years ago. Fast forward to now and I feel like maybe I did something that changed someones life. This thread tells me it did.
From what I've gathered, especially from the initial breakdown of what happened, those who protected you would be proud and would have absolutely no regrets. I know this in my heart girl.

Thats the way I see it.

Women can be so strong it is amazing!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:58   #7142
sawgrass

Did you sleep at all?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:03   #7143
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Hey Sweet Pea,...........how YOU doin?!

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 04-15-2011 at 06:04..
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:38   #7144
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Holy hell, right now seems to be a time for a lot of people I know and some that I dont to be strong.

The cream rises to the top. Sounds easy but it is not. Thanks to the good folks who reach out even just a little to provide some momentum to those who need it at the right time.

This thread really hits my heart. I have denigrated myself in the past for not feeling like I do enough for our troops but I remember that little donation I made to a charity that was raising funds for new body armor a couple years ago. Fast forward to now and I feel like maybe I did something that changed someones life. This thread tells me it did.
From what I've gathered, especially from the initial breakdown of what happened, those who protected you would be proud and would have absolutely no regrets. I know this in my heart girl.

Thats the way I see it.

Women can be so strong it is amazing!
bowbender7 I would like to thank you for making that contribution. You helped Wolfe survive and who knows how many more.

Quote:

I would agree with that Wolfe. You should get out of there as soon as you possible can. Is there any chance your doctor can arrange for at least some care for you here?

Quote:
What I've noticed in recent months is when the pain isn't flared up for one reason of another, the 'normal' amount of pain seems to be decreasing. Not a huge amount, but noticeable. I don't know if it's just a case of my getting used to it, but my doc says it's because my chest is still healing. So what he says he'll do is slowly lower the Oxy that I'm on 24/7, but give me more add-on meds as needed. When it flares up sometimes it gets as bad as ever, depending on what caused the flare-up. One thing he's said a few times it that everything inside "is where it's supposed to be", so he thinks I'll keep progressing for some time to come. He said he wishes he could keep me here for at least another year. ..... I don't think so....

Please keep Skidoo and family in your thoughts. His BIL's sister continues to hang on, but is in great pain and halucinating. Also, Silent_Runner needs thoughts and prayers.
The reduction in pain you feel is excellent news. Your chest in making progress along with your mental state. Hopefully you will be recovered enough not to need constant medical care soon. I hope you will return to the US as soon as that happens in you have not already.

I thank you all for the prayers for me and will continue to keep 23skidoo and his family in mine.

Quote:
I don't think there's any caves deep enough to hide you after THAT suggestion.....

Today didn't seem to go real well to me, but my shrink seemed reasonably pleased. I think a lot of my crankiness when he tried to dig was just plain tiredness. I've been having a really bad time falling asleep lately, as you can see by the time of this post. I took my meds a few hours ago and I can feel them trying, but not succeeding to knock me out.

Why would I find it uncomfortable that life is for the living? The only time it bothers me that I beat long odds is when I'm wishing I hadn't. That demon still rears his ugly head at times, he needs his head bashed in again. I need to keep him at bay, I think I still got something to do. And I do want to get to feeling better, I've about forgotten what that feels like.
23skidoo I would suggest you get your affairs in order before Wolfe leaves Iraq. You will be missed.

Wolfe if your shrink is pleased in spite of your irritability them possibly he thinks you are near the bottom of the well of bad thoughts. That would make many of us more than just reasonably pleased.

You keep keeping that demon at bay and I will gladly bash his head in.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:56   #7145
BobInTX

I'm going to start praying that Wolfe will get the medical and psycological help she needs when she gets home. Also for healing.

I'd appreciate your prayers for us here in West Texas. It is so dry here this year that we are having bad grass fires. They had to evacuate a whole town about 40 miles from here last night. Thankfully they were able to contain the fire and divert it around town.

I had ashes on my car last night. We need rain bad.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:25   #7146
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt

Popping in to say

Scott

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 18:01   #7147
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

Thats the way I see it.

Women can be so strong it is amazing! : nsb:
You did make a difference. When I went to CRC and got 'that' set of body armor issued the person giving it to me commented that I was getting the new kind of plates. I didn't think too much about it at the time, I just took them and the rest of my gear and got myself ready to go.

I really think that bullet would have gone through the old type of plates. It almost went through anyway, because it was fired from so close. That and from what I keep hearing there's a pretty wide range of ammo quality over there and I just got unlucky. I know I posted this in here a while ago, but when I came back over as a civilian the issuer tried to give me a much smaller, lighter set. I told him he was out of his mind if I was taking that, and made him give me set of the same kind as my original. The guy thought I was insane, but I didn't feel like explaining.

I'm thankful for people like you that care about us and help us get better equipment. I'm alive today because of it.

Quote:
Did you sleep at all?: hugs:
Sleep? What's that?

I got a little, hope to get more tonight. The meds are starting to get to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Hey Sweet Pea,...........how YOU doin?!
I'm getting there, how are YOU doing?

Quote:
I'm going to start praying that Wolfe will get the medical and psycological help she needs when she gets home. Also for healing.

I'd appreciate your prayers for us here in West Texas. It is so dry here this year that we are having bad grass fires. They had to evacuate a whole town about 40 miles from here last night. Thankfully they were able to contain the fire and divert it around town.

I had ashes on my car last night. We need rain bad.
Damn, it's wayyyyy to early in the season to be that dry! Prayers definitely going up that you folks get some rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
: kilt:: kilt:: kilt:

Popping in to say

Scott
Hey back at ya!!! How you been? Missed you around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I would agree with that Wolfe. You should get out of there as soon as you possible can. Is there any chance your doctor can arrange for at least some care for you here?

As you know the nearest VA hospital is 90 miles from me, and can take 6 weeks to get an appointment. When I get to where I only need to go to the doc once every 6 weeks I'll be fine with the VA. Until then I need a better solution. This is the best one I know of.

Wolfe if your shrink is pleased in spite of your irritability them possibly he thinks you are near the bottom of the well of bad thoughts. That would make many of us more than just reasonably pleased.

You keep keeping that demon at bay and I will gladly bash his head in.
You miss Skidoo too, eh? He's gone way into hiding, we may never see him again. Hope he's at least got beer and an internet connection in that cave.

I think he does think that. He said something pretty similar to that, he likened it to scraping out the dregs. Bash away.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-15-2011, 20:10   #7148
sawgrass

I so hope you are sleeping tonight.

Bob I wish I could send you a little water. The river is out, we are experiencing record flooding, it's been raining today and is snowing hard now.
I put the doggie out and I'm sure she said 'not this **** again."

(lw the first guy took the boat!)
Old 04-16-2011, 15:59   #7149
sawgrass

Lone_Wolfe and I were chatting and she isn't feeling well. She was going to post but she said her hands were shaking and she was having sharp
chest pains. She called for a ride to the hospital, and they said they were on their way.

I'm very concerned about LW's inability to sleep lately.
LW, we all love you.
Old 04-16-2011, 19:54   #7150
BobInTX

Thanks, SG.

Get better, Wolfe.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!