SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2011, 15:40   #1
chex22

Seattle Shooters

Hey guys,

Do any of you know of some good places to shoot outdoors around the Seattle area? I'm tired of paying $15 and up every indoor range visit. I'm talking in the woods, logging roads, anything where I don't have to pay money to go out and blast some tin cans or w/e.

How far east would I have to travel to find a good spot? I'm at the U of W.

Thanks!
chex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 13:04   #2
youngvr4

i travel 2 hours east to cle elum to do my shooting. but honestly renton fish and game is only $120 a year and its all outdoor shooting. if you plan on shooting once every couple weeks even, its a good deal.
Norinco Mak 90
Hawes .357 Mag
youngvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 19:18   #3
chex22

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvr4 View Post
i travel 2 hours east to cle elum to do my shooting. but honestly renton fish and game is only $120 a year and its all outdoor shooting. if you plan on shooting once every couple weeks even, its a good deal.

Thanks for the reply! $120 isn't bad at all and Renton isn't too far away. I'll have to look into that for sure! Do you know if they have steel plates/targets to shoot at? Sounds like I'm about to have a lot of fun this summer...
chex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 22:44   #4
Skipper Bob

I should go look @ Renton F & G agian. I shot clays there 15 + years ago, back before I got into handguns. About 5 miles from the house (Kennydale area) Shoot @ West Coast Amory in Factoria most of the time.
Ruger LCP W/CT
Ruger 10-22
Skipper Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:06   #5
duncan
Lifetime Membership

IIRC, there are some spots off of I-90 outside Issaquah but not as far as Cle Elum. Anyone?

Last edited by duncan; 04-03-2011 at 01:07..
duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 18:44   #6
PACorps
Thief & Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan View Post
IIRC, there are some spots off of I-90 outside Issaquah but not as far as Cle Elum. Anyone?
Hey Duncan,

I think a lot of that was shut down some time ago. Last I recall was Exit 38, Exit 42 (or thereabouts, wherever Tinkum Rd was) as well as the USFS road 5010. Last time I was out there (probably 2002) a forest ranger harrassed my brother and me, though we were being totally safe.

The old spots off Sultan Basin Rd (anything before the 8-mi marker) have been dead for at least a decade, maybe longer, and everything beyond that has pretty much been shut down.

Great place was SE North Fork Rd outside of North Bend (nice sizeable pit a couple miles in), but tango uniform for 20 years now (trench dug across entrance and big concrete blocks with "NO SHOOTING" written on them). There *may* be something driving further in beyond that.

Yeah I know, not being much of a help here...more reminiscing now with a heavy heart :( Would love to know if anything's still out there, like the spots in Marcksworth State Forest (haven't been there since maybe '03).

Last edited by PACorps; 04-10-2011 at 18:44..
PACorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 19:01   #7
TSAX
USAF Vet

Most of the indoor ranges like Wades (range $15 and rental case is really good and they do offer a good value lifetime member package but shop is horrible, the shop tried to rip me and a few others off on a GSSF purchase), Champions (way too many restrictions and the lady is a pain, old guy is nice, $12.50), Marksman (a little further away but good range $11 all day after $10 safety orientation fee). The Renton place is not too far away. Try the Seattle Police Athletic Association as well for indoor. I believe they have a background check and annual fees are around $150.

http://www.spaarange.com/

NRA Member http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg

Last edited by TSAX; 04-10-2011 at 19:11..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 21:21   #8
J. Parker

You might want to try www.thehighroad.org Seems like alot of Seattle folks hang out there.
J. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g19, glock 19, seattle, seattle ranges, shooting outdoors