SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:28   #7021
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Hmmmmmmmm, let's see if I can google your phone #..........

Hey, I found the shreiff's # that way, why not your's?

Or, you could just ask me...

When we first started it didn't seem all that bad, but when I saw 'Greg' come out from cover, then go down it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was crying and screaming at the same time and it felt like it was really happening. I think that's what my shrink wanted, too. I have to see him again tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I wonder what he'll pull out of his hat this time.

Unfortunately you're probably right. Damn.
So, what happened today?

Are you still noticing your nightmares coming later in the night?

When will Dr. Nice be back?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 13:16   #7022
engineer151515

Quote:
Damn, that sounds like something I need to be doing, a daily walk to the beach. And with good company, too.
Well, you said it.

It does sound like something you need to be doing.
Old 03-28-2011, 13:36   #7023
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
When we first started it didn't seem all that bad, but when I saw 'Greg' come out from cover, then go down it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was crying and screaming at the same time and it felt like it was really happening. I think that's what my shrink wanted, too. I have to see him again tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I wonder what he'll pull out of his hat this time.

Unfortunately you're probably right. Damn.
Yes I think he is right. Nothing you could have said or done would have stopped Greg from trying to save you that day. It was his decision and not yours.

How did you session go today? I hate to say this but I hope he made you cry again today. I know that sounds cruel but you really do need to get everything out of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Fairhope does have a small sandy access to Mobile Bay and a wonderful Pier. That is a nice Sunday walk which I should be doing more often.

The classic "beaches" are further south at Gulf Shores - within easy truck/cycle range. About 35 miles.

You can sun and nap on the beach, get home, shower, have a nice dinner and still wake up in your own bed to do it again the next day.
Quote:
Well, you said it.

Oh my. You may come to regret these words Engineer151515.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
I think about you every day, regardless of logging into GT.

15 hr days are.... State comp in addition. Cross your fingers for Sat.

ETA: my sister is doing...seems to be responding to the antibiotic, but is complaining of chest pain this pm. LOVE and HATE.......doc's...meds...?
sawgrass I'm glad to see your sister is making progress and I thank you for the prayers. I thank everyone for the prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
So, what happened today?

I was wondering these things myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 14:18   #7024
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Greg did what he did because that's what he was trained to do......save a buddy!

He did what many would have done, what I would have done, what many would have done.
You were spared he was not. It was destiny. You must move on. He is with you every day.
I do not really know you, many do not know you. However, many feel your pain.
Many can understand how you feel. We are here for you. You, like Jack, are an
inspiration for me. You are faced with such physical diversity, EVERY day, but you push on!

I am not a doctor, I am not an educated man. I am "Joe average" I got my degree in
life from the "school of hard knocks!" I see determination, grit and drive in you!
You are a great person, you should not feel guilty for Greg's death. He broke cover
to aid a comrade. Many have done it, many WILL do it.

Bracelets in the making.........promise with all my heart!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 17:40   #7025
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Faa, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just trying not to think about that right now. I will tomorrow, and I can't wait to see those bulletproof bracelets. BTW, can you make a time machine to go with them?

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Yes I think he is right. Nothing you could have said or done would have stopped Greg from trying to save you that day. It was his decision and not yours.

How did you session go today? I hate to say this but I hope he made you cry again today. I know that sounds cruel but you really do need to get everything out of you.

Oh my. You may come to regret these words Engineer151515.: rofl:
Hey!!!!! You quit trying to scare Engineer off! Or are you trying to steal him away?

Today he didn't focus on Greg or anything to do with me getting shot and all that stuff. We all got some sad news this morning, Skidoo's brother died shortly before midnight his time zone.
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...9#post17120599

My shrink was more focused on that today and trying to see if I needed to cry about that. I'm sure he'll be back to the usual torment tomorrow.

Quote:
Fairhope does have a small sandy access to Mobile Bay and a wonderful Pier. .......
How far are you from the pier? And does it have a rose garden in the middle of the parking lot? I think I've been there on my bike several years ago.

Quote:
Well, you said it.

Yep it does. But you know I've got no beach here.........

Quote:
So, what happened today?

My doc was due back today, but I didn't see him. He may just not have been around when I went in to see my terrorist. No change the last few nights in my nightmares, but I've been getting very little sleep, especially the last few days. BTW, my terrorist made me cry today. Who wants to chase him around with a bat?

My shrink didn't tear into me bad today, I think he cut me a break because I went in with the news that Skidoo's brother had died just hours before. I really think he had something else up his sleeve, but instead he asked be a bunck of stuff about Skidoo's family and any effect this has on me.

He asked how I found out (his sister's FB page), had I met the brother (yes), how many times (once). When did we meet (when I flew to WV in September), where did we meet (at the airport, then all of them that came to meet me went out to dinner). Why did they all want to meet me like that (because I sent the police to Skidoo's house when he had his stroke). Did I think he was a good person (yes), did they seem like a close family (very), are they anything like my family (night and day), would I trade my family for one like that (I think so), plus a bunch more stuff that I can't think of now. He also asked me to pass along his condolences to the family and friends.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 17:46   #7026
okie
GT Mayor

Keep your chin up sweetheart. I love you
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 19:03   #7027
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! No squeezing.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:50   #7028
BobInTX

Quote:
Today he didn't focus on Greg or anything to do with me getting shot and all that stuff. We all got some sad news this morning, Skidoo's brother died shortly before midnight his time zone.

My shrink was more focused on that today and trying to see if I needed to cry about that. I'm sure he'll be back to the usual torment tomorrow.

Yep it does. But you know I've got no beach here.........

Correction: You have beach. You just don't have an ocean.

My doc was due back today, but I didn't see him. He may just not have been around when I went in to see my terrorist. No change the last few nights in my nightmares, but I've been getting very little sleep, especially the last few days. BTW, my terrorist made me cry today. Who wants to chase him around with a bat?

My shrink didn't tear into me bad today, I think he cut me a break because I went in with the news that Skidoo's brother had died just hours before. I really think he had something else up his sleeve, but instead he asked be a bunck of stuff about Skidoo's family and any effect this has on me.

I have an idea what your shrink may do one of these days, but I'm not going to steal his thunder.
Old 03-29-2011, 15:34   #7029
engineer151515

Quote:

Hey!!!!! You quit trying to scare Engineer off! Or are you trying to steal him away?

eng151515 =

How far are you from the pier?

Just a bit more than half a mile.

And does it have a rose garden in the middle of the parking lot? I think I've been there on my bike several years ago.

That's the one

Okie Memorial Area
Old 03-29-2011, 16:58   #7030
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! No squeezing. : hugs:: hugs:: hearts:
Hi, how are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Keep your chin up sweetheart. I love you : hearts:: hugs:
I love you too, okie.

Quote:
eng151515 =

Oh it's not your guilt that's being questioned here, it's HERS!!!

Just a bit more than half a mile.

That's a nice distance to walk to and from, especially with a swim or hanging out on the pier in between. You game?

That's the one
That's what I thought. I was there post Ivan, but I can't remember if it was pre or post Katrina. I'm thinking post, but I remember more of the damage more to the west.

Quote:
Correction: You have beach. You just don't have an ocean.

Oh, you hush!

I have an idea what your shrink may do one of these days, but I'm not going to steal his thunder.
Go ahead and say what you think he's going to do to me, it can't be any worse than the things going through my overactive imagination right now. Either way, I'm kind of dreading my next session. He didn't come out and say it, but he just seems like he's got something up that sleeve. Whatever it is, I hope it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Greg did what he did because that's what he was trained to do......save a buddy!

He did what many would have done, what I would have done, what many would have done.
You were spared he was not. It was destiny. You must move on. He is with you every day.
I do not really know you, many do not know you. However, many feel your pain.
Many can understand how you feel. We are here for you. You, like Jack, are an
inspiration for me. You are faced with such physical diversity, EVERY day, but you push on!

I am not a doctor, I am not an educated man. I am "Joe average" I got my degree in
life from the "school of hard knocks!" I see determination, grit and drive in you!
You are a great person, you should not feel guilty for Greg's death. He broke cover
to aid a comrade. Many have done it, many WILL do it.

Bracelets in the making.........promise with all my heart! : hugs:
I don't disagree that Greg did what he was trained to do, or with the fact that he's a hero in more than one sense of the word. I do find myself wondering what he had to be thinking when he waited, then ran out knowing there was an Afghani in real close range still shooting. But I'll always wonder things like that.

Destiny, yeah. I've always believed in that, that some things are predetermined. Or that things happen for a reason. And you're smarter than you think. So many of you inspire me in your own way, inspire me to get better when I'd rather give up.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-29-2011, 17:17   #7031
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
.....I don't disagree that Greg did what he was trained to do, or with the fact that he's a hero in more than one sense of the word. I do find myself wondering what he had to be thinking when he waited, then ran out knowing there was an Afghani in real close range still shooting. But I'll always wonder things like that.

Destiny, yeah. I've always believed in that, that some things are predetermined. Or that things happen for a reason. And you're smarter than you think. So many of you inspire me in your own way, inspire me to get better when I'd rather give up.

We've had this, "you were spared for a reason" discussion before. The screwed up
part about life is always trying to figure out what the heck the "reason" is.
You're a strong willed Lady, you do not give yourself as much credit as you should.
Yep, you have some medical issues, yep, you have some emotional issues.
Life is all about learning how to deal with all those issues without going crazy!

I'll be looking for that "Shining Star" tonight!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 17:46   #7032
BobInTX

Nope. Not telling.
Old 03-29-2011, 18:14   #7033
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Nope. Not telling.
Guess I'll find out soon enough.....

Now to try the sleep thing again, damn nightmare was just waiting on me this time.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-30-2011, 00:43   #7034
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Now to try the sleep thing again, damn nightmare was just waiting on me this time.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:10   #7035
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Wolfe I hope you were able to sleep at least for a little while

Quote:
Nope. Not telling.
I have some ideas what he might have in mind also. We should know soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
We've had this, "you were spared for a reason" discussion before. The screwed up
part about life is always trying to figure out what the heck the "reason" is.
You're a strong willed Lady, you do not give yourself as much credit as you should.
Yep, you have some medical issues, yep, you have some emotional issues.
Life is all about learning how to deal with all those issues without going crazy!

I'll be looking for that "Shining Star" tonight! :
feewrenchbndr you may be too late on the going crazy part.

I think we all want to know the reason something like this happens to us but you have seen a part of the reason and I suspect the rest of your life will be more of that same. I think you will do a lot of good in the world even if not in the expected way. Just look how much good you are doing for others even in here.

Quote:
I don't disagree that Greg did what he was trained to do, or with the fact that he's a hero in more than one sense of the word. I do find myself wondering what he had to be thinking when he waited, then ran out knowing there was an Afghani in real close range still shooting. But I'll always wonder things like that.

I would bet that he was thinking something like that if he did not try to help you that you would die out there and he could not live with himself if he allowed that to happen. He knew the risks and obviously felt the reward outweighed the risk he was taking.

Quote:
eng151515 =
Oh now I have heard everything!

Quote:
Hey!!!!! You quit trying to scare Engineer off! :: Or are you trying to steal him away?

He asked how I found out (his sister's FB page), had I met the brother (yes), how many times (once). When did we meet (when I flew to WV in September), where did we meet (at the airport, then all of them that came to meet me went out to dinner). Why did they all want to meet me like that (because I sent the police to Skidoo's house when he had his stroke). Did I think he was a good person (yes), did they seem like a close family (very), are they anything like my family (night and day), would I trade my family for one like that (I think so), plus a bunch more stuff that I can't think of now. He also asked me to pass along his condolences to the family and friends.
What will you do if I do steal him away? You have no guns so shooting me would be out of the question. I can outrun you also.

I would happily chase your terrorist and even your shrink around with a bat if they were not trying to help you. Sometimes the cure is painful.

Did your shrink not already know all this stuff he asked you? I thought you talked to him about all of this back when it happened? Or did he say more than you posted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 17:08   #7036
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe I hope you were able to sleep at least for a little while

I think we all want to know the reason something like this happens to us but you have seen a part of the reason and I suspect the rest of your life will be more of that same. I think you will do a lot of good in the world even if not in the expected way. Just look how much good you are doing for others even in here.

I would bet that he was thinking something like that if he did not try to help you that you would die out there and he could not live with himself if he allowed that to happen. He knew the risks and obviously felt the reward outweighed the risk he was taking.

What will you do if I do steal him away? You have no guns so shooting me would be out of the question. I can outrun you also.: tongueout:

I would happily chase your terrorist and even your shrink around with a bat if they were not trying to help you. Sometimes the cure is painful.

Did your shrink not already know all this stuff he asked you? I thought you talked to him about all of this back when it happened? Or did he say more than you posted?
If you steal him away from me I'll find some other way to deal with you. I'm you know...

I got a couple hours sleep last night, I'm hoping for more tonight. I took my meds a while ago, waiting for them to do what they're paid to do.

You're probably right about him thinking I'd die out there and he was right about that. I just have to shake my head in awe that he had the stones to run out when there was someone right nearby shooting at him. Like I've said, I like to think I'd have done the same think, but I might have been too scared to move.

If you won't go after my terrorist would you at least take the bat to my shrink?

He knows all that, I think he just wanted to be sure I wasn't hiding anything from myself. That's the way he's said it before, hiding something from myself. He seemed most concerned that I found out from his sister's facebook post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Here's one back to you and your family. How are all of you holding up?

Quote:
Nope. Not telling.
So I suppose you want me to tell you what the bastard did to me today.....

He dragged the bench in again, had me lay back down on it as close to the way I did then that I could. Then he got behind the rocks (his desk) again and told me this time I had to call out to Greg and ask him to come help me because I'd die if he didn't.

Well, I couldn't do it. Every time I tried to make myself say that all that came out was "Stay down!", or similar. He kept trying to get me to ask Greg for help and when I couldn't say it like I meant it he finally said "So you really want Greg to let you die? Have you forgotten that someone else that you care about will die too because of your choice?"

Bastard!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-30-2011, 17:21   #7037
OldLincoln

Veteran's Perspective

I don't know if this post will be good or bad for you LW, but my intent is to offer another perspective in that you are a member of a distinguished club. I admit to taking this from another forum and am will to do time for it if necessary because I believe it is important - well, to me at least.

Vietnam Veterans...Welcome Home!

March 30, 2011 was officially proclaimed, by Congress, as "Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day"....

Soooo...to all my Brothers, the forgotten generation, who never got a hug, a handshake, a Thank You...to them I say Welcome Home Brother...To those that made the ultimate sacrifice, may you rest in peace...To those that were surely left behind, You will never be forgotten!!!

WELCOME HOME VIETNAM VETERANS

Some words from a fellow Vietnam Vet ....

ANOTHER TIME, ANOTHER PLACE, ANOTHER WAR

We are old men now, graying, grandparents,
those of us who are still alive.

We are black and white and yellow and red
and every shade in between
We are crippled, some in body, some in mind,
all in soul
We bled and we died and we came home where
we bled and died some more
We came home to an indifferent
and uncaring nation
And we left more than blood
in a far and distant land

We are old men now, graying, grandparents
those of us who are still alive

We watch our sons, our daughters return
from yet another far and distant land
We watch and weep, weep bitter tears
for a generation, a youth lost
But also tears of joy, tears for a nation,
a new beginning, tears for yellow ribbons
on the Central Boulevards of Hometown, USA
It was a long time coming, our welcome home
Through misty, half-closed eyes, we remember,
and imagine, imagine we see our own names,
just a faint imprint, a ghost-like image,
but our own names on those signs
We see the names and the ribbons
on the Central Boulevards of Hometown, USA
and we remember another time,
another place, another war.

We are old men now, graying, grandparents
those of us who are still alive.

Lonnie Henderson
May 29, 1991
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 19:37   #7038
BobInTX

Quote:
So I suppose you want me to tell you what the bastard did to me today.....

He dragged the bench in again, had me lay back down on it as close to the way I did then that I could. Then he got behind the rocks (his desk) again and told me this time I had to call out to Greg and ask him to come help me because I'd die if he didn't.

Well, I couldn't do it. Every time I tried to make myself say that all that came out was "Stay down!", or similar. He kept trying to get me to ask Greg for help and when I couldn't say it like I meant it he finally said "So you really want Greg to let you die? Have you forgotten that someone else that you care about will die too because of your choice?"

Bastard!
Well, that still wasn't it, but I'll bet that made you think.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15   #7039
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Well, that still wasn't it, but I'll bet that made you think.
Still wasn't what? What you thought my shrink was going to do?

Made me think, yeah. Made me scream and cry even more.

Bastard.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-31-2011, 02:53   #7040
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Still wasn't what? What you thought my shrink was going to do?

Made me think, yeah. Made me scream and cry even more.

Bastard.
I'm so sorry you have to go through all this.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!