Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-19-2011, 00:45   #1
tihash

Ankle holster for J-frame-- recommendations??

Hi,

I have a S&W 638 J-frame. I would like to find an ankle holster that is all of the following: secure (keep gun secure), secure (holster does not get loose on my leg), and as concealable as can be.

I would be wearing it with dress pants while at work. I won't say price is no object, but I am willing to pay what it costs to get something that is very secure and very concealed. This is for while I am at work and I cannot have the weapon falling out of the holster under any circumstances and cannot have it look like there is a tumor growing off my leg.

Any recommendations?
tihash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:56   #2
Ajon412

The Galco Ankle Glove isn't bad. You can find some really good deals on used ankle holsters in the Wanted Section...My first choice would be pocket carry, but that's just me.....Good luck....

Last edited by Ajon412; 01-19-2011 at 04:58..
Ajon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:11   #3
XNDR17C
NRA Member

I also vote for the Galco ankle glove. The quality is top notch. Once it's strapped on, I never had it slip and the gun fits tight and stays in place. I found a new one on ebay, got a good price with free shipping. I prefer IWB but the ankle glove is a great alternative.
XNDR17C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 18:28   #4
tpr7304

I also use the Galco Ankle Glove and recommend it.
tpr7304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:54   #5
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpr7304 View Post
I also use the Galco Ankle Glove and recommend it.
Same here, 24/7....for the last 4 years.

Not a big fan of Galco, BUT their ankle glove is well executed.

There is an inexpensive alternative that I have used with zero issues; Uncle Mikes nylon ankle rig.

It is much flatter than most leather holsters, cinches up pretty tight, and has an adjustable thumb-break. it can also be hand-washed.

If cost is a factor, check one out.
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:15   #6
collim1
Shower Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Same here, 24/7....for the last 4 years.

Not a big fan of Galco, BUT their ankle glove is well executed.

There is an inexpensive alternative that I have used with zero issues; Uncle Mikes nylon ankle rig.

It is much flatter than most leather holsters, cinches up pretty tight, and has an adjustable thumb-break. it can also be hand-washed.

If cost is a factor, check one out.
I have carried a BUG in a Uncle Mike's ankle holster while on duty for approx 6years now. I use it becuase it is the most concealable compared to alot of the leather ankle rigs. It also is very secure, my gun has never fallen out, even while fighting, foot chases, etc...

I carried a 442 in it for about 5 years, then adjusted it to fit a G26 and been carrying it ever since. It handles the heavier gun just fine.

I do agree that I would prefer pocket carry to ankle though. I cannot pocket carry at work because I cannot get my hands in my pockets when wearing a
2.25" duty belt.

Pocket carry is much more secure and concealable. I feel less concerned about it knowing it is in my pocket as opposed to on my ankle where it can be seen when I sit down and my dress pants leg rides up.

If you are carrying it at work make sure it is concealed 100%, your job could depend on it.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:40   #7
Sarge1644

Try a Renegade "Cozy Partner". These are concealable and comfortable. They are not that expensive, either. I have used one extensively for the last 10 years with a J frame and still happy with it.

Sarge
Sarge1644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:32   #8
v188
NFA guy

I've been wearing a snub nose either as duty gun or back up for 30 years. If you want the best ankle rig for a snub revolver, look at the Lou Alessi line of ankle holsters. Lou recently passed away, but his business still continues. It is THE BEST ankle rig made. Solid, comfortable, wears great, even under dress slacks, etc.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:07   #9
tomgow29

+1 for the Ankle Glove. Mine is six years old and in great shape despite being worn 12 hours a day four times a week. It's gotten me through foot pursuits, fights and dog tracks without a hitch.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:27   #10
MajorD

have 2 Alessi ankle holsters- one of the best holster makers ever. Also Ritchie leather- Mr. Ritchie shoots at out club and was Mr Alessi's right hand man and is making holsters to the same designs as Lou taught him.
MajorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 13:55   #11
denn1911

I am a big fan of the DeSantis Die Hard Ankle Rig. It is secure and comfortable.
denn1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:00   #12
captcurly

I go with the Galco Ankle Glove for my J frame. Been using this rig for several years with no problems or discomfort.
captcurly is offline   Reply With Quote