Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2011, 09:02   #11
G26man
OBEY ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
I have trained a female officer who was 4 feet 8 inches tall and under 100 pounds to shoot a Kimber Warrior without a problem. A 9mm would have been a better choice for her but she wanted a .45 and she did fine with it. It simply does not take much to be able to fire a 9mm, 40sw, 45 acp well when it comes to size and strength. I like .22 pistols for starting people on but they are not to be used as actual defensive weapons.
Pat
I have trained female shooters to handle large caliber weapons as well. Some are willing. Some are not. Attitude is more important than physical stature. Size does matter only in that it takes a little more determination as size decreases IMO. Actually, let me clarify that. It's been my experience that taller, rail thin people are more adverse to recoil than a shorter person of the same weight. The lady yesterday was of the former.
The combustion of fuel being necessary for heating and cooking in the home, the right of the people to keep fire extinguishers shall not be infringed. - Alternate structural interpretation of the 2A (to protect the people from the state militia).

Last edited by G26man; 03-01-2011 at 10:07..
G26man is offline   Reply With Quote