SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2011, 19:53   #1
Lee-online
Mul-ti-pass

Getting a G19 ready for a suppressor

I just purchased a new suppressor (SWR Octane 9) for my G19 and I need a threaded barrel. I see you now have the stainless in stock but the black are still back ordered along with the thread protectors. When do you expect to get those in?

The stock sights will not see over the suppressor. I have read I may need to get raised sights but they would be pretty tall. Can i just eyeball along the suppressor and still get a good shot.

Would a laser device on the rail be a better option?

This is just a range toy but i would like to be able to hit the target.

Are there any other things i should do to accommodate a suppressor except for the subsonic ammo.

One last question, is there a smooth trigger I can put on the G19 like i did by putting a G21 trigger on my G30.

—Thomas Jefferson
Lee-online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 20:31   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
If the stainless barrels are in stock that means a black run is in progress

AmeriGlo offers tall sight sets for suppressor owners. YES they are tall but that is what it takes to see over the top of the suppressor. The way I do it is to use a colored front sight (white, red, green, whatever) and simply sight through the ,suppressor. Its akin to using black sights for target/action shooting. You see them but they disappear into the target.

Yes lasers are great when using a suppressor however they train you to watch for the laser dot and not your sights. Be careful. Sights are WAY FASTER than laser dots.

Call it what you want. It pays to be proficient with all your tools, toys, hobbies.... it aint no fun if you aint hitting nothing. If you cant hit what you want it aint no toy.... its an expensive "loud machine"

You can shoot any ammo you want out of the suppressor. The noise is reduced on the +P too! If you want maximum performance you need to shoot 147 or specified sub-sonic loads. BTW: I have used a few different "coolants" in my suppressors. They will reduce the DB's a couple points. If you want a cheap coolant try a can of "Edge" (specifically Edge) shaving cream. Remove the suppressor and squirt a small dab of Edge into the can. Screw it back on and let her rip! Some of the foam will ooze out the end of the can but MAN does it slow down the report and WOW... smells good too!

Want a smooth trigger for a G19. Look at the GLO-357 http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=glo-357

Last edited by JR; 02-20-2011 at 20:33.. Reason: spell
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 20:55   #3
Lee-online
Mul-ti-pass

Ahh, I will try sighting through the can. I do have night sights on it so i should see it ok.

I read using a wet can will be quieter and to use Ideal Wire Pulling Lubricant from lowes. I will try Edge because that is what i use to shave with anyway.

I will order the GLO-375 when it is in stock along with the barrel and a Pro Pick Trigger Kit.

Now i just need to hurry up and wait for the tax stamp.

—Thomas Jefferson
Lee-online is offline   Reply With Quote