GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:02   #81
CAcop

Jsandi in order to not be that guy you can't drop a turd in the punchbowl without letting people know why.

To just drop that article without comment makes it look like you are trolling. Then when you finally did explain yourself it made a little more sense.

It's just like "that guy" we have at work. It's all fun and games jacking someone up until he realizes he really pissed someone off by crossing a line he should have not crossed. Then he has to backpedal.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03   #82
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

I continue to be impressed by the quality of cops on this forum.

<----NAC

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:05   #83
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadetklapp View Post
I agree that he may be a cop, but completely disagree with what you are saying about physical conditioning having anything to do with bad cops.

Right now we have a "cop" sitting in our jail on a million dollar bond for beating the ever-loving piss out of his girlfriend, yanking the phone out of the wall while she was on 911, and holding her hostage for three hours. He's extremely fit and at one time was a street-smart cop. He's an absolute piece of garbage and an embarrassment to our profession. This is his third arrest in as many years.

Then there are the various other media-sensationalized "bad cops" out there. Not a single one that I've seen has been some pretzel-dust covered fatass.

To the contrary, instead of hyper-analyzing the caloric intake of recruits, worrying over getting that mile and a half run in EXACTLY 16 minutes and 48 seconds, we worry more about the moral character of the person we are hiring, the ability of their comprehension of what their duties will be, and whether or not they possess a spine. Then we will worry about if they can scale a fence and run a mile and a half.
Dude READ my post and the point I made, It is also the people that got in this line of work because they needed a job, not because they believe in what we do..(the guy you described)
'
Problem is we do have "that guy and girl " working with us that got in this profession because they needed a job, not because they believed in what they were doing and that is very problematic, and why we see ourselves in the news painted in a bad light.'

I made no big deal of fitness I said they could physically handle themselves that means mindset and willingness to act.(correctly) not gym rats that beat on people cause they can.

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 02-01-2011 at 11:07..
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:09   #84
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatbwana View Post
Dude READ my post and the point I made, It is also the people that got in this line of work because they needed a job, not because they believe in what we do..(the guy you described)
'
Problem is we do have "that guy and girl " working with us that got in this profession because they needed a job, not because they believed in what they were doing and that is very problematic, and why we see ourselves in the news painted in a bad light.'

I made no big deal of fitness I said they could physically handle themselves that means mindset and willingness to act.(correctly) not gym rats that beat on people cause they can.
Easy Rod....
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:10   #85
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Easy Rod....
um,, Ok whats your point?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:12   #86
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatbwana View Post
um,, Ok whats your point?
Cop Talk

**IM NOT IMPLYING THAT YOU LOOK ANYTHING LIKE ROD FARVA**

I agree whole-heartedly with your point, that's my point.

Last edited by Kadetklapp; 02-01-2011 at 11:12..
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13   #87
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Cop Talk

**IM NOT IMPLYING THAT YOU LOOK ANYTHING LIKE ROD FARVA**
Still not seeing why you missing the entire point of my post was somehow Farve like??

Maybe we need a liter cola.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:24   #88
AngryBassets
Jagenden Übel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSandi View Post
Well I didn't expect him to be on anyones Christmas Card list here, considered that most of y'all are slightly right of the Kaiser when it come to law and order issues...
Holy clueless about the regulars in CT, Batman!

Quote:
I simply posted an article for discussion and the peanut gallery freaked out...
No, the "peanut gallery" (the members who have hundreds, if not thousands of posts in this particular forum) discussed and disagreed with the article. Go post an article discussing what's a warmer coat: Mink or Rabbit, on a PETA forum.

Quote:
You know... I think the owners here have the name of this particular form all wrong.

It should be changed to "Cop Worship" instead of "Cop Talk"...

Cuz its clear that all any of you guys want to hear is praise, worship and positive reinforcement from your peers. And when someone, anyone comes here and does not tow the party lien they are immediately case aside as a heretic or troll.
Uh, posting an article like that where many of the regular posters here have recently attended cop funerals can easily earn yourself one of those titles, duh.

Thanks for (improperly) posting that compelling article. I'll respon in an appropriate manner.

Last edited by AngryBassets; 02-01-2011 at 11:29..
AngryBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:51   #89
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgraywolf View Post
I continue to be impressed by the quality of cops on this forum.

<----NAC
Amen...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 13:32   #90
4949shooter

Well JSandi I am glad you finally fessed up. It wasn't so bad, was it? Now people can understand you, and see you in a different light.

I echo what was said above, in that you are targeting the wrong audience. The cops on this forum post here because they care. These guys are the creme of the crop, in my humble opinion.

Maybe I am not one to give advice, but try not to let what you see at work get you down. The best thing you can do is set the right example for others to follow. Sometimes it hurts, but in the end people will see the righteousness of your efforts.
Old 02-01-2011, 13:35   #91
JSandi

Criticism received and accepted.

Taking my public flogging like I should.

Sorry guys and gals. From here on out I will do my best to qualify any post I make. And if I should fail again. Ya'll can use tasers next time.
JSandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 13:36   #92
JSandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
Well JSandi I am glad you finally fessed up. It wasn't so bad, was it? Now people can understand you, and see you in a different light.

I echo what was said above, in that you are targeting the wrong audience. The cops on this forum post here because they care. These guys are the creme of the crop, in my humble opinion.

Maybe I am not one to give advice, but try not to let what you see at work get you down. The best thing you can do is set the right example for others to follow. Sometimes it hurts, but in the end people will see the righteousness of your efforts.
Sage advice.
JSandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 14:09   #93
4949shooter

Quote:
Criticism received and accepted.

Taking my public flogging like I should.

Sorry guys and gals. From here on out I will do my best to qualify any post I make. And if I should fail again. Ya'll can use tasers next time.

It's all good Brother.

Last edited by 4949shooter; 02-01-2011 at 14:10..
4949shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 16:01   #94
AngryBassets
Jagenden Übel

I must have skipped a page when I replied.

I understand/agree to an extent where he's coming from, but I'm set in believing that the 'bad cops' truly are a minority. The 84 year old neck-broken-thing is a good example. Was I there? No. Have I had to use force on elderly people? Yes. Do I go about it like it's a 20 year old Camden corner boy who is high on wet at 1:30am prowling around some hell hole apartment complex? Of course not.

Perhaps his rhetoric would be best served by trying to be an example/mentor to the young cops out there, get promoted, and make a difference. You know; a "think globally/act locally" kinda thing.

Trolling this group of guys isn't going to accomplish anything than generate homoerotic posts from Cochese and TBO data-mining every post you've ever made.

Cop Talk
Old 02-01-2011, 19:14   #95
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

I'm in da shadows, mining yo posts.

-texmex
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:10   #96
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post
Anyone that puts their hands on me, get my hands put on them right back... And it rarely ends well for the other party. Anyone who doesn't agree, or understand why, isn't a cop. Even if they might wear a uniform.

The OP is obviously a troll. I don't care what he claims, or if he does happen to have a job in LE. Based on the amount of his board violations already pointed out, I'm just counting the time he's still allowed to post here. At the least, I've added another to my ignore list.
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Last edited by txleapd; 02-01-2011 at 20:36..
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:30   #97
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBassets View Post
I must have skipped a page when I replied.

I understand/agree to an extent where he's coming from, but I'm set in believing that the 'bad cops' truly are a minority. The 84 year old neck-broken-thing is a good example. Was I there? No. Have I had to use force on elderly people? Yes. Do I go about it like it's a 20 year old Camden corner boy who is high on wet at 1:30am prowling around some hell hole apartment complex? Of course not.

Perhaps his rhetoric would be best served by trying to be an example/mentor to the young cops out there, get promoted, and make a difference. You know; a "think globally/act locally" kinda thing.

Trolling this group of guys isn't going to accomplish anything than generate homoerotic posts from Cochese and TBO data-mining every post you've ever made.

Cop Talk
Totally off topic.

I need those smilies as a target at a small arms range. That would be a fun challenge.

Back on topic. He accepted a public word flogging. Hmm...
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:30   #98
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

I replied before I finished reading the entire thread... But I still stand by my last post.
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:45   #99
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

Man, this thread has turned so sweet I think it's giving me diabetes...

Cop Talk

Get a room. j/k

Last edited by Dukeboy01; 02-01-2011 at 20:46..
Dukeboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 21:13   #100
AngryBassets
Jagenden Übel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Totally off topic.

I need those smilies as a target at a small arms range. That would be a fun challenge.
I made a request for them to be added but no love, I guess.