Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-18-2011, 21:13   #21
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unistat View Post
Hell, even a sling you make yourself out of 1 1/4" nylon straps from Gander would be better than that.
Thanks for your input. I have a simple two-point that I can use should I choose to go that route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvician View Post
Here are the Spec Ops slings
http://www.specopsbrand.com/Categories.asp?CatID=5
Here are the installation instructions
http://www.specopsbrand.com/instructions.asp
Yeah, I went to the Spec Ops site & saw what they have; but I'm certain, mine is none of those. I have the installation instructions and I'm 99% sure I've got it right as pictured.

Ultimately, I'm going to end up taking it to a tailor or seamstress (what's the PC term?) to get it cut & sewn the way I want it--so I was focused on getting the end plate right. Yep, busy--because it's not even attached yet.

You can always count on GT for comments alluding to how bad something sucks or how much better someone else's stuff is; but fortunately, there are still folks out there interested in augmenting our collective knowledge (or whatever you want to insert that doesn't offend your sensibilities). Thanks guys!

Last edited by DeltaNu1142; 01-18-2011 at 21:14..
DeltaNu1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 21:25   #22
Unistat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
...Thanks for your input...
Don't take it personally chum, you can ask the question but you can't control the answers. I like what I like and you can take it or leave it, and I extend the same understanding to you.
Unistat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 21:26   #23
Unistat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson_1 View Post
I've had the ASAP for some time now, maybe a year... I didn't note the date I purchased it. I've really liked it and I have it coupled with an actual single point sling.
Yeah, I've got mine on a cheap sigle point that I'll have to replace eventually. The main thing is that my wife is a lefty, so the ambi-ness of the POF and Magpul ASAP were a good choice for us.

Last edited by Unistat; 01-18-2011 at 21:27..
Unistat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 22:31   #24
Glock21Owner
NRA Life Member

****** has some great single point bungee slings for a very low price. American made too

http://www.******tactical.com/pds.html
Glock21Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 23:15   #25
Tucson_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
You can always count on GT for comments alluding to how bad something sucks or how much better someone else's stuff is; but fortunately, there are still folks out there interested in augmenting our collective knowledge (or whatever you want to insert that doesn't offend your sensibilities). Thanks guys!
My response was to the original topic of "Single point sling mounting options".
I was not trying to allude to the sling you have as being inferior when I used the statement "an actual single point sling". I was just expressing the solution I provided was specific to slings that attach to a single point on the rifle. What you have presented as a single point sling differs from those that I have seen and the solution I provided may not suite the sling you are working with.

I've found the ASAP sling adapter to work well with a sling that attaches at a single point (the end plate). The sling I use is not high-end by any means. It's a Blackhawk Storm. So I'm not talking down, just offering an option for attaching a single point sling... I didn't intend for my input to be anything other than constructive.
Tucson_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:25   #26
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

Hey Tucson, thanks--your input is/was valuable, and I wasn't referring to your post. I'm planning to configure the sling such that I can connect it to the end plate as a single-point (just as you've described) and then also use the "tension strap" idea as it's designed (it's supposed to be enable you to switch from righty to lefty quickly, for example). I can accomplish this through the use of the multiple snap connectors on the straps. I know this sounds a little wonky, but it's feasible. I like the idea of having a configurable sling for various applications. I don't need an ultra-versatile sling, but having a couple of options to choose from is always good.

I realize it looks like there's a lot going on in the photo, but it's really pretty simple once you actually 'install' it.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:35   #27
trlcavscout

So you just need one like this?

http://www.ar15pro.com/item/77454_GG...G_ADAPTER.aspx

And I am just asking but that looks similar to one I was issued at 1 time, but when setup their was a buckle at the handguard area and the one in the rear so it was more like a 2 point that could be unbuckled for easy removal? I just dont see the reasoning behind the detach buckle on the side of the rifle?

Last edited by trlcavscout; 01-19-2011 at 06:40..
trlcavscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:26   #28
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

No, I've placed an order for this:

Black Rifle Forum

The only reason for the "detach buckle" (the one by the BM logo on the receiver) on the tension strap that runs the length of the rifle is to connect the handguard strap to the rear strap. I suspect that once I get this right, I could replace it with one continuous piece of the right length with QD's on either end.

Last edited by DeltaNu1142; 01-19-2011 at 07:27..
DeltaNu1142 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
point, single, sling