Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2010, 18:08   #41
Jack Greenwell

I have a wasr 10/63 and its a great rifle, no problems of any kind.
Old 12-27-2010, 19:41   #42
Teej

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
I got out to the range with my Wasr today.
It functioned fine.
As a single shot.
It would not strip rounds out of the magazine. It fired and ejected single rounds fine.
I had trouble getting the mag out, the release latch would not depress all the way without considerable force.
After about 40 rounds, and about that many times in and out of the mag well, it got allot easier.
I cleaned the barrel before I went to the range.
I will try and field strip and clean the rifle, then try again. I wonder if the bolt was not completely retracting after firing.
I was shooting steel case Wolf ammo.
Anyone else have this issue?
Oh, and you can save the "well its Romanian, what did you expect" comments.
Did you field strip clean and lube before using it your first time? I know this is several months out of date, but how about an update? How did you make out with the mag and what did you do or change? thanks
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 19:51   #43
Teej

I have a Century Romanian WASR underfolder. I have had it for months and took it to the range for the 1st time today.

The original Romo magazine does wobble, but it functioned without any problems. I bought several Yugo magazines and they fit snu, no wobble at all, no JB weld required, and they function flawlessly.

I was shooting surplus Hungarian 1970's FMJ ammo. Open sights standing and sitting [no sand bags or bench rest] just shooting from a side seat postion and this rifle was surprisingly accurate. No malfunctions at all. All rounds fed, ejected and went bang.

With my shipping fee and FFL transfer fee I still paid less than $450 [i bought it from a private seller]

With my experience with this, I would seriously consider buying another. I'd have to shoot one of these higher priced AK's along side of mine to first hand see what the difference is before I'd consider buying something more expensive.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:38   #44
carloglock19

My Romy WASR-10 has been flawless so far. I've never shot a high end AK before so I cant really compare the two. I got 1000rds (not much for an AK) through mine since I bought it used earlier this month.
BRC - 2016
carloglock19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:03   #45
GlockGuru182
Roachin'

My Wasr is a champ. Runs great, super accurate (3-4moa!), was cheap and the finish makes it look like a legitimate AK. Just picked up a Romy g foregrip stock from centerfiresystems.com for $12, I can't complain.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #420b
Стрелковое оружие-Бог
GlockGuru182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:50   #46
ADagenhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglockster View Post
Take a look at http://www.novarata.net/Linx310/index.html. It will tell you the good, the bad, and the ugly about Romanian AK rifles. It will also tell and just as importantly, show you how to correct the bad and the ugly if either or both affect your rifle.
Thanks for the link!
ADagenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:49   #47
a_tack

I've noticed that some of the cheaper CIA WASR 10's have visible nails in the stock. Whats the deal with that? Its ugly, but is this desireable for historical effect?
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49   #48
firedawg60

Great thread and learning a lot. Question, what's the difference between a WASR 10 and a WASR 10/63? Thanks.

G23, G27, S&W 686 6", S&W 586 4", Sig "Skeeter"
Smith & Wesson Club #305
firedawg60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:40   #49
Teej

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg60 View Post
Great thread and learning a lot. Question, what's the difference between a WASR 10 and a WASR 10/63? Thanks.
I've heard that the 10/63 is suppsed to be better although I do not know why or what the differences are. I am guessing that the "63" means there was some type of design or upgrade made in 1963.....

I'd like more details as well as mine is also a 10/63.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:36   #50
ADagenhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_tack View Post
I've noticed that some of the cheaper CIA WASR 10's have visible nails in the stock. Whats the deal with that? Its ugly, but is this desireable for historical effect?
Might be ease of construction, or just a lack of finishing after construction of the stock is complete.
ADagenhart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ak47, akm, wasr 10