Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:27   #821
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusk212 View Post
Cop Talk
Very interesting, how do you like that mag pouch? With a 34" waist I'm always looking for ways to increase belt space..

Last edited by FiremanMike; 11-28-2010 at 11:27..
FiremanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 23:26   #822
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

You think 34" is tough? Take a look at my pics in this thread to see how it works with a 31" waist. I have zero space and I'm lucky to get my keepers in!
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:04   #823
tusk212

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
Very interesting, how do you like that mag pouch? With a 34" waist I'm always looking for ways to increase belt space..
I really like the mag pouch. I have a *ahem* slightly larger waist but I like it because it has a smaller footprint which allows my velcro underbelt and the velcro on the duty belt to make more contact and be more stable. I cannot stand to have stuff moving around. I also like it because its one of the only pouches I can wear vertical that doesnt poke my in the quad when sitting in the cruiser/squating/ whatever else that requires the leg to bend.

The only piece of gear on my belt I'm not happy with is the Blackhawk! flashlight holder for my Strion LED. Ive lost count how many times I got out of the car only to hear the sound of the Strion bouncing off the pavement. I have a new pouch from Stallion on the way so hopefully that will cure the problem.
Niner's Club #212
PA Glockers #125
Tactical Shotgun Club #212

Last edited by tusk212; 12-02-2010 at 11:10..
tusk212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 00:19   #824
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
I really like the mag pouch. I have a *ahem* slightly larger waist but I like it because it has a smaller footprint which allows my velcro underbelt and the velcro on the duty belt to make more contact and be more stable. I cannot stand to have stuff moving around. I also like it because its one of the only pouches I can wear vertical that doesnt poke my in the quad when sitting in the cruiser/squating/ whatever else that requires the leg to bend.

The only piece of gear on my belt I'm not happy with is the Blackhawk! flashlight holder for my Strion LED. Ive lost count how many times I got out of the car only to hear the sound of the Strion bouncing off the pavement. I have a new pouch from Stallion on the way so hopefully that will cure the problem.
If you don't want your gear to move, get a set of Uncle Mike's molded belt keepers. Not the nylon ones. The rubber molded ones. They are indestructible and they GRIP!

Once I lock them on, my duty belt does not move one iota. If I try to shift the duty belt around, my pants go with it. I don't even use a velcro underbelt, don't need it.

The molded keepers are like $10 a set. Cheap. I've had mine since 1999 and they are still good as new. No fade or chip on the black snaps either.
Old 12-03-2010, 00:36   #825
tusk212

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
If you don't want your gear to move, get a set of Uncle Mike's molded belt keepers. Not the nylon ones. The rubber molded ones. They are indestructible and they GRIP!

Once I lock them on, my duty belt does not move one iota. If I try to shift the duty belt around, my pants go with it. I don't even use a velcro underbelt, don't need it.

The molded keepers are like $10 a set. Cheap. I've had mine since 1999 and they are still good as new. No fade or chip on the black snaps either.
Been using them since day 1.

I dont know how some guys stand to have their belts sagging and stuff sliding around everytime they move.
Niner's Club #212
PA Glockers #125

Last edited by tusk212; 12-03-2010 at 00:55..
Old 12-03-2010, 02:35   #826
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Been using them since day 1.

I dont know how some guys stand to have their belts sagging and stuff sliding around everytime they move.
Day one since they came out or day one since you became a cop?

I hate sliding crap on belts too. That was a pet peeve when I had to wear leather. I can slide all the equipment around on the belt and then slide the belt around the waist in circles. Didn't inspire much confidence.

I started wearing my molded keepers with my black leather basketweave setup. That cured the belt from sliding around but the equipment can still slide around.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:42   #827
tusk212

Quote:
Day one since they came out or day one since you became a cop?
Actually before I became a cop. I was putting together some duty gear for the academy and saw someone saying how awesome they were, I think it was you honestly, so I ordered them and have been running them since.
Niner's Club #212
PA Glockers #125
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00   #828
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

I was issued the molded ones about 10 years ago and they didn't hold jack together. I hated them. Maybe they were too large for the Uncle Mike's Mirage 2-inch duty belt?
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.
obxemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 23:53   #829
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Actually before I became a cop. I was putting together some duty gear for the academy and saw someone saying how awesome they were, I think it was you honestly, so I ordered them and have been running them since.
Wow, I have been touting them for that long that you have gone to the academy and started working already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxemt View Post
I was issued the molded ones about 10 years ago and they didn't hold jack together. I hated them. Maybe they were too large for the Uncle Mike's Mirage 2-inch duty belt?
The Uncle Mike's molded keepers are made for the 2" duty belts. I use them with my Bianchi Accumold ErgoTek belt though, which are a tad thicker than the Uncle Mike's. Are you using the unlined or the lined belt?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:45   #830
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

Quote:
The Uncle Mike's molded keepers are made for the 2" duty belts. I use them with my Bianchi Accumold ErgoTek belt though, which are a tad thicker than the Uncle Mike's. Are you using the unlined or the lined belt?
I can't remember...I was using them almost 11 years ago with Uncle Mike's Mirage gear. The keepers were bigger than the belt so they just irritated me and didn't hold anything together. There was a huge gap between the belt and the keeper so it would snag on stuff if you turned and caught it the right way. I wonder if they've been redesigned since then.
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.
Old 12-04-2010, 13:41   #831
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

I think it's the Mirage belt. The unlined versions are crap and the lined ones aren't much better. I never liked Uncle Mike's belts, but his other nylon gear is fine. Bianchi Accumold belts are the stoutest I have seen and my ErgoTek can't be beat for comfort because it has padded pillows on the inside. You also use regular gear unlike Safariland's Levitation system where you gotta buy all new gear.
Old 12-04-2010, 13:53   #832
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

The ErgoTek looks badass!
Old 12-04-2010, 13:56   #833
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Only the best gear for the best cop!

Did I mention I was very modest too?
Old 12-07-2010, 07:48   #834
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:

What brand is that mag holder?
FiremanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:33   #835
tusk212

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
What brand is that mag holder?
Its Safariland. http://copquest.com/23-3750.htm
Niner's Club #212
PA Glockers #125
Old 12-17-2010, 20:42   #836
glockurai

What type of mag pouch is that?

Last edited by glockurai; 12-17-2010 at 20:43.. Reason: Disregard, just saw the above post.
glockurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 18:16   #837
AngryBassets
Jagenden Übel

Quote:
Cop Talk
Cop Talk
Left to Right: All Bianchi AccuMold unless specified. MKIII DefTec OC, Double Cuff Pouch w/ Peerless 700's, Key Holder, Uncle Mikes radio holder, PolyStinger LED DS in a American Warrior nylon holder made by Stallion Leather, 21'' ASP, Glock 17 w/ X300 in a 6360, 2 mags. There is a total of 6 Uncle Mikes molded keepers mixed in there too.
That layout is alot like mine. We have to thread our duty belt through our pant loops so I'd have to take it all apart to take a pic (I'm wearing it that way right now, with class B's, no less).
AngryBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 18:52   #838
tusk212

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBassets View Post
That layout is alot like mine. We have to thread our duty belt through our pant loops so I'd have to take it all apart to take a pic (I'm wearing it that way right now, with class B's, no less).
WOW. That's crazy. I get frustrated everytime to change mine around. I couldnt imagine having to deconstruct everything everytime I get dressed/undressed.
Niner's Club #212
PA Glockers #125
Old 01-08-2011, 21:00   #839
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBassets View Post
That sounds like a policy made by an admin that's never worked the street, or worn a uniform.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 23:09   #840
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

What kind of pants have loops to fit 2.25" duty belts?