Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-17-2010, 16:22   #61
Christof60
Zombie Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
after having done a $.25 trigger job....with a Dremel tool.

What if you use a cotton wheel and jewelers rouge? I cant see that taking off enough metal to harm the part, but would surely polish the piece in a jiffy...
Old 11-19-2010, 09:44   #62
Sonnytoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs40 View Post
I don't quite understand this logic. What does it matter 3.5 lb or 5 lb trigger on a carry gun? (whats good for you isn't necessarily good for me) Now you take all that into account and What does it really matter if you have a 3.5 lb or a 5 lb trigger? It defiantly did not make my gun less safe.
I found your choice of this word, in your context, very interesting.
Sonnytoo
Sonnytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 15:44   #63
boileralum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaDriver View Post
I realize that most cleaner-waxes are a mild, mild abrasive, but it's hard to believe you buffed it all smooth enough to notice in an hour with a rag and a car wax. Are you sure the 'better' feeling trigger wasn't merely the leftover wax acting as a lubricant on the parts that rub?
I think the guy may have been using Mothers metal polish - I used this stuff on a set of polished aluminum wheels back in the day:

Valuable Info
boileralum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 17:36   #64
shooter918

that was new info
shooter918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07   #65
Zermatt

Any time I think one of my Glock's triggers feel rough, long, or spongy, I borrow a Springfield XD or XDM and press/squeeze/pull the trigger. Then I go back to shooting my Glock and feel very happy about my brand allegiance.
Old 01-16-2011, 23:23   #66
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zermatt View Post
Any time I think one of my Glock's triggers feel rough, long, or spongy, I borrow a Springfield XD or XDM and press/squeeze/pull the trigger. Then I go back to shooting my Glock and feel very happy about my brand allegiance.
The XDm is far better imho than a factory glock trigger.

If You Always Do What You've Always Done,
You'll Always Get What You've Always Got.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:10   #67
snuffy19608

.25 trigger job

Just finished doing my first trigger job, on my new Gen3 G17. Smoothed out greatly,and much easier than I thought. I had never taken any of my Glocks apart like that before, turned out to be super easy.

I just used some Brasso Multipurpose polish and the edge of a towel. No Dremels,just hand power. Took about an hour, about 3-4 minutes per contact point.

Now the only issue is I know how easy they are to tear apart, I'm already plotting what parts to purchase!
Pa. Glocker #270
21 Club #1424
snuffy19608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:16   #68
JJay03
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
Just finished doing my first trigger job, on my new Gen3 G17. Smoothed out greatly,and much easier than I thought. I had never taken any of my Glocks apart like that before, turned out to be super easy.

I just used some Brasso Multipurpose polish and the edge of a towel. No Dremels,just hand power. Took about an hour, about 3-4 minutes per contact point.

Now the only issue is I know how easy they are to tear apart, I'm already plotting what parts to purchase!
Thats whats great about a glock so easy to take apart and clean up and polish. I tried some aftermarket parts and ended up keeping mine stock I didnt like how the aftermarket disconnectors changed the pull.
JJay03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 19:09   #69
Hoonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Quite a few people have come here over the last ten years wondering why their Glock doesn't work, or why it fires more than one shot when they pull the trigger after having done a $.25 trigger job....with a Dremel tool.
And I may ask, how to you get to fire more than one shot with a single trigger pull ?

My brother just returned from LE training, and was trying to describe to me the "double tap", where you don't let the trigger completely reset but it will still fire, but seems to work best on his gun which has a modified 8.5lb trigger pull.

I have a 3.5lb trigger on mine from lonewolf; although I can fire fast, I can't doubletap it.

I'm going to try the nail file method, see if I can get it smoother, doesn't feel too great now despite the gentler pull recently added.

Last edited by Hoonz; 05-24-2011 at 19:09..
Hoonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 19:28   #70
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonz View Post
And I may ask, how to you get to fire more than one shot with a single trigger pull ?
It's just a matter of rounding off the wrong edges by 'over polishing'.....

Quote:
My brother just returned from LE training, and was trying to describe to me the "double tap", where you don't let the trigger completely reset but it will still fire, but seems to work best on his gun which has a modified 8.5lb trigger pull.

I have a 3.5lb trigger on mine from lonewolf; although I can fire fast, I can't doubletap it.
I suspect that he's talking about 'using the reset' to simply fire two shots quickly vs allowing the trigger to move all the way forward and then pulling it all the way back to fire the next shot (like a double action). Read my blog for reset info....

Quote:
I'm going to try the nail file method, see if I can get it smoother, doesn't feel too great now despite the gentler pull recently added.
Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:55   #71
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonz View Post

One of three things happened here. Either you completely misunderstood what he was saying, he didnt know how to explain it or he doesnt know what he's talking about.
A double tap is two controlled shots fired rapidly

I highly recomend you do not to touch your trigger group with a nail file

Last edited by Bowtie; 05-25-2011 at 12:16..
Old 06-07-2011, 19:04   #72
John_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christof60 View Post
What if you use a cotton wheel and jewelers rouge? I cant see that taking off enough metal to harm the part, but would surely polish the piece in a jiffy...
+1
I polish everything that ever needs polishing with the cotton polishing wheels and plenty of rouge. Lots of revolutions create a much smoother surface.

I think this is actually what people are referring to when they speak of using a Dremel tool to do polishing work.

Unfortunately, many people just ASSUME you are talking about using grinding stones in your Dremel to polish. Who the hell would do that? To those who love to talk down to those of us who use Dremel tools, thank you for insinuating that we are stupid enough to grind away on sheet metal with a 100 grit grinding stone.
John_Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 19:25   #73
Walk Soft

Doing it with a Dremel isn't dangerous unless you're an idiot.You use the cotton polishing wheels.I have done all mine and it usually reduces the trigger pull by .5 lbs but it makes it alot smoother.
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:58   #74
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

Its because it is possible to screw a connector up with just a dremel and pollish. Taking that felt wheel to an edge in the wrong place can slightly change an angle at thats all it takes to go FA. MANY have done it.

I'm not saying I dont do it because I do and have done many for my self as well as many other.

To make a blanket statement that it CANT happen with just a felt wheel and some rouge is just plain ignorant.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:04   #75
ptmccain
Silver Membership

Maybe this video has been posted here, but I found this very helpful for doing the .25 cent trigger job, and it is in 1080 HD.

Link to video.

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ptmccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:34   #76
Walk Soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Its because it is possible to screw a connector up with just a dremel and pollish. Taking that felt wheel to an edge in the wrong place can slightly change an angle at thats all it takes to go FA. MANY have done it.

I'm not saying I dont do it because I do and have done many for my self as well as many other.

To make a blanket statement that it CANT happen with just a felt wheel and some rouge is just plain ignorant.
I guess I should have said is if you can follow instruction,you couldn't do damage.You leave a right angle a right angle.
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 15:25   #77
applevalleyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiswr View Post
Thanks...real handy info. Can anyone recommend someone who is adept at this to perform this for a decent price?
applevalleyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:11   #78
SCmasterblaster

I looked at the web site very carefully, and I failed to see any description of what is in the tube and what is it used for.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24   #79
aforster

I had heard of this trigger job sometime ago, and when I saw the video I did the work (with a dremmel) on one of my glocks. I didn't feel much change in either the trigger weight or how smooth it is.
In my opinion, if you want a smoother trigger (without making it lighter), I would recommend a titanium firing pin satefy plunger (glockstore have them). That will make your trigger A LOT more smoother while keeping the same weight.
aforster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 18:33   #80
Firecop203

I got burned in a gun deal not long ago. The used Glock 17 I purchased had one of these famous trigger jobs done to it and the previous owner didn't know what he was doing. The first time I shot it, I barely touched the trigger and it went off. WAY too light. I took it apart to check it out and found all the "polishing" that had been done. I wasn't told that there had been any work done to it.

I had to replace all the parts that had been "polished" before it would work to my satisfaction.

Two morals of the story.

Don't mess with it if you don't know what you are doing! Buyer Beware!
“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
Benjamin Franklin
Firecop203 is offline   Reply With Quote