Old 12-03-2009, 11:27   #41
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantBEEMER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen40 View Post
It's a giant,steaming pile of BS.That's what it is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
WHAT?
That's a highly technical description!

Actually, as most of you probably know already, I tend to agree that most people would be much better off to go forth and shoot the gun a lot instead of polishing parts.

Doing so not only smooths the parts 'naturally', it also has the added benefit of improving one's shooting skills, and pretty much avoids the possibility of *causing* the malfunctions we see here so often that require replacement of (at least) the trigger bar.

I simply have to support Glock in saying that uneducated and inexperienced people should not (in their quest to achieve quick and easy shooting skills) be polishing the parts on a gun that they depend on to work right so they can protect innocent life and avoid needless accidents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:47   #42
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
I disagree. If your gun is lubed as it should be then there is no way the metal to metal contacts with smooth themselves out.
I too must disagree.... 'Properly lubed', it should only have oil on the connector/trigger bar interface, right?

And, do you not put oil on a stone when you sharpen a knife?

Quote:
The .25 trigger job done right will make a big difference in smoothing out the action..
Agree! But the key words there are "done right", which all too often isn't the case, especially among new Glock owners.

But look at the bright side, we don't have any bone headed fmj158's involved.....Glocks don't chamber a cartridge that's loaded with a 158 grain FMJ. (PM sent)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:56   #43
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
I too must disagree.... 'Properly lubed', it should only have oil on the connector/trigger bar interface, right?

And, do you not put oil on a stone when you sharpen a knife?

Agree! But the key words there are "done right", which all too often isn't the case, especially among new Glock owners.

But look at the bright side, we don't have any bone headed fmj158's involved.....Glocks don't chamber a cartridge that's loaded with a 158 grain FMJ. (PM sent)
lol back at ya..I havent had a trigger yet that felt as rough as a stone but you never know...

If You Always Do What You've Always Done,
You'll Always Get What You've Always Got.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 22:33   #44
Lloyd-Xmas

My little brother and I both spent about four hours breaking down our glocks and doing a detailed polish on all the parts detailed in the .25 trigger job. I want that four hours of my life back.

At first we were both like... well I think it feels a little smoother. Then it was...you know, I think it feels about the same as before.

I can't say for sure but, I kind of think that was a waste of polish. My feeling is that if you are really bored, and you really just want to open up your glock (which we did want to do) then go ahead, but unless you are also changing connectors (mine has a ghost 3.5 already) I doubt you'll notice much difference.
Lloyd-Xmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 22:38   #45
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd-Xmas View Post
My little brother and I both spent about four hours breaking down our glocks and doing a detailed polish on all the parts detailed in the .25 trigger job. I want that four hours of my life back.

At first we were both like... well I think it feels a little smoother. Then it was...you know, I think it feels about the same as before.

I can't say for sure but, I kind of think that was a waste of polish. My feeling is that if you are really bored, and you really just want to open up your glock (which we did want to do) then go ahead, but unless you are also changing connectors (mine has a ghost 3.5 already) I doubt you'll notice much difference.
Do you have an un-touched Glock there with you so you can compare the difference?

If You Always Do What You've Always Done,
You'll Always Get What You've Always Got.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 17:40   #46
blk_she3p

Well, I must have been really bored this weekend . I polished mine. There feels like a little difference. I really just wanted to learn my glock so I thought I would give it a shot while gun was apart.
Old 01-07-2010, 13:00   #47
Lloyd-Xmas

Quote:
Do you have an un-touched Glock there with you so you can compare the difference?
Yeah, his is a G19. I guess you could kind of tell, the break was maybe a little cleaner but nothing tangible I could really put my finger on. Still good because if we hadn't done it we would never have found out how easy it was to detail strip.
Lloyd-Xmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 15:51   #48
recycooler
9-11-2001

Hey dear I am going to order a ghost rocket trigger for my glock would you like one for yours?

No thanks,

Are you sure?

Yes

(install trigger and .25 trigger job)

Hey dear try this..Now try yours

( reracks tries both again using reset)

BIG grin appears

I will order yours tomorrow dear

thank you.

recycooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 19:07   #49
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycooler View Post
Hey dear I am going to order a ghost rocket trigger for my glock would you like one for yours?

No thanks,

Are you sure?

Yes

(install trigger and .25 trigger job)

Hey dear try this..Now try yours

( reracks tries both again using reset)

BIG grin appears

I will order yours tomorrow dear

thank you.
Now she's gonna need a thousand repetitions of the new trigger pull.....

NRA Life Member
Old 02-27-2010, 22:59   #50
Jeebs40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
No way would I advise anyone to use a 3.5 connector with a coil spring in a carry gun!

I don't quite understand this logic. What does it matter 3.5 lb or 5 lb trigger on a carry gun? (whats good for you isn't necessarily good for me) If you have any common sense at all you should know not to have your finger on the trigger unless you plan to use it. You can make all the excuses in the world but the fact is most shooting accidents happen because of ignorance, lack of training, or best of all just plain stupidity. Now you take all that into account and What does it really matter if you have a 3.5 lb or a 5 lb trigger? I personally like my 3.5 lb trigger which if anything makes me more accurate, It defiantly did not make my gun less safe.

Last edited by Jeebs40; 02-27-2010 at 23:12..
Jeebs40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 20:05   #51
silverbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlmj View Post
It was worth researching 25 cent trigger job just to find this little gem - lmgtfy.com!
silverbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 20:30   #52
750SpiritRdr

LMGTFY.com!!!
750SpiritRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 22:24   #53
ctfireman

Cool, i always wondered exactley what it meant.

Rest in peace Okie, your memory will live on forever.
ctfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:57   #54
GammaDriver

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+the+hell

Oh, I see what it does!

Last edited by GammaDriver; 10-12-2010 at 05:58..
GammaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:16   #55
atxjax
El Melao

Send a message via Yahoo to atxjax
awesome info. Thanks guys.
atxjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 23:16   #56
Airsprint
G-19C

A rag and q tips some mothers and time is all you need to do an awesome trigger job, I made my bars and trigger mechanism's look chrome in about an hours time + no worrys of taking off too much material, definitely a small difference in smoothness and trigger break.
Airsprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 14:57   #57
silverbear

This project got me to take apart my G19, do the trigger job with flitz, rag and q-tip, and re-assemble the gun. A great learning experience and confidence builder. Will do the same to 26 soon.
silverbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 15:58   #58
GammaDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsprint View Post
A rag and q tips some mothers and time is all you need to do an awesome trigger job, I made my bars and trigger mechanism's look chrome in about an hours time + no worrys of taking off too much material, definitely a small difference in smoothness and trigger break.
I realize that most cleaner-waxes are a mild, mild abrasive, but it's hard to believe you buffed it all smooth enough to notice in an hour with a rag and a car wax. Are you sure the 'better' feeling trigger wasn't merely the leftover wax acting as a lubricant on the parts that rub?
Old 11-07-2010, 19:14   #59
glockfanbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaDriver View Post
I realize that most cleaner-waxes are a mild, mild abrasive, but it's hard to believe you buffed it all smooth enough to notice in an hour with a rag and a car wax. Are you sure the 'better' feeling trigger wasn't merely the leftover wax acting as a lubricant on the parts that rub?
Try it yourself and you'll see. With the proper polish, q-tips/rags and some elbow grease it feels glass smooth.
glockfanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 20:07   #60
GammaDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfanbob View Post
Try it yourself and you'll see. With the proper polish, q-tips/rags and some elbow grease it feels glass smooth.
I was planning on using my dremel... it just sounds like a LOT of time and work to get an effect with Q-tips and polish...