GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 08:44   #2951
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhans405 View Post
Gentlemen

and KCB if she's awake.


<-- wasn't awake...couldn't keep my eyes open after about 11:30.

It was a LONG week!



Great songs, btw!
__________________

Karen

Last edited by kcb; 10-16-2010 at 08:45..
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:46   #2952
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhans405 View Post
Wish Elvis would have sung the entire song.

My homeland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzeLo...eature=related
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
You and me both. My homeland as well.
Me, three!

__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:03   #2953
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Here's an oldie, but really describes today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM-l11tqWqw

Autumn is arriving slowly but surely...

Only in the low 70's.

Life is good! God is good!

Have a great Saturday everyone!
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:05   #2954
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
One more oldie morning song that I use to play by memory on the piano...
that I love dearly....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ESHjYat9rk

__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 13:29   #2955
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Mystery guests for dinner tonight!

How exciting!

Our daughter and son-in-law know who it is but they aren't telling.

My hubby and I are off to buy something to throw on the grill....

Dinner poolside with a fire in the firepit! Perfect weather for it too!

I'm in Boots, Jeans and a Sweater!

I'll leave you with another piece from MB.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Agd...eature=related

Might be back later! Can't tell. (We had other plans to join friends downtown for dinner and entertainment, had to cancel for this! )
__________________

Karen

Last edited by kcb; 10-16-2010 at 13:32..
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 13:32   #2956
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
One more....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDh4G...eature=related
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 19:19   #2957
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
DingDONG the OAF IS truly dead!!!

Mystery guest IS my hubby's nephew. He had a long weekend break from college! His parents are in Michigan working on building their retirement home; he's going to school in south Georgia, so he came here!!!

Nice evening and dinner by the pool with a fire! The kids are now playing games with the PlayStation in the living room. Not my thing. So, I'm observing and on my lappy!

It's great to see him!!!


Hubby has to be at work EARLY in the am so he already called it a night.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4NAZPi2js
__________________

Karen

Last edited by kcb; 10-16-2010 at 19:21..
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 19:35   #2958
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
While SOME remakes of older songs are O.K., I think I may always prefer older versions of some songs.

Not always true, but a lot of times....yeah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0ebeKFwEkY

(not the original, but not the most recent, either.)
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 19:46   #2959
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
hey Karen
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 19:49   #2960
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Hey Ray!

How ARE you?!!!
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:03   #2961
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
Hey Ray!

How ARE you?!!!
I'm good, a bit bored but good. My daughter came down and brought her two kids today which was great. But they had to go back home a little while ago (which explains the boredom).

How about you?
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:09   #2962
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
I'm good, a bit bored but good. My daughter came down and brought her two kids today which was great. But they had to go back home a little while ago (which explains the boredom).

How about you?
Bored would describe it too!

Hubby and I had plans for a night out tonight, but had a "mystery guest" coming in. My hubby's nephew is here for a long weekend from college. (my daughter and her hubby planned the big surprise.) The kids are playing video games...so I'm sitting here half listening to them, and half browsing GT.)

They seem to be having a good time.

My hubby was happy to see his nephew but a bit disappointed that we didn't get our night out alone!

He called it an early night, since he has to work tomorrow. BUT we have four days off TOGETHER next weekend. That almost NEVER happens during the school year!

We are going to "run away from home". (my daughter and her husband are temporarily staying with us right now.) We can't WAIT until next weekend!
__________________

Karen

Last edited by kcb; 10-16-2010 at 20:11..
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:27   #2963
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Seals and Croft...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjzn...eature=related
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:28   #2964
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
Bored would describe it too!

Hubby and I had plans for a night out tonight, but had a "mystery guest" coming in. My hubby's nephew is here for a long weekend from college. (my daughter and her hubby planned the big surprise.) The kids are playing video games...so I'm sitting here half listening to them, and half browsing GT.)

They seem to be having a good time.

My hubby was happy to see his nephew but a bit disappointed that we didn't get our night out alone!

He called it an early night, since he has to work tomorrow. BUT we have four days off TOGETHER next weekend. That almost NEVER happens during the school year!

We are going to "run away from home". (my daughter and her husband are temporarily staying with us right now.) We can't WAIT until next weekend!
I know what you mean the kids have been out of the house for so long now it would be hard to have them come back (for other than a few day visit). We have gotten really use to our privacy I guess. It's not that they wouldn't be welcome or anything if the need arose but.... and we really do enjoy it when they stay a night or two, especially the grandkids.

Hope you enjoy next weekend. I've still got a few day of vacation left to burn this year myself, so we may have to plan another little get way for ourselfs.
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:31   #2965
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Another Seals and Croft...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH14G...eature=related
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:31   #2966
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post


another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BthCL...eature=related
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:38   #2967
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
I know what you mean the kids have been out of the house for so long now it would be hard to have them come back (for other than a few day visit). We have gotten really use to our privacy I guess. It's not that they wouldn't be welcome or anything if the need arose but.... and we really do enjoy it when they stay a night or two, especially the grandkids.

Hope you enjoy next weekend. I've still got a few day of vacation left to burn this year myself, so we may have to plan another little get way for ourselfs.
I adore my daughters and my son-in-laws....

the need did arise with our youngest daughter...just after my husband and I grew accustomed to life on our own. It seemed we ALWAYS had the girls, since we had been married a short time when our oldest daughter came along...almost 2 years later.

We didn't expect this, neither did they, but are happy to be here for them.

Hopefully it won't last too long...

We want to be "newlyweds" all over again, like we were a couple of months ago!

My daughter said something this evening that makes me hopeful that it isn't going to last as long as she once thought it would. I've been praying hard for that!

I love them dearly....but I believe it's best if we don't all live under the same roof!

__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:42   #2968
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
I adore my daughters and my son-in-laws....

the need did arise with our youngest daughter...just after my husband and I grew accustomed to life on our own. It seemed we ALWAYS had the girls, since we had been married a short time when our oldest daughter came along...almost 2 years later.

We didn't expect this, neither did they, but are happy to be here for them.

Hopefully it won't last too long...

We want to be "newlyweds" all over again, like we were a couple of months ago!

My daughter said something this evening that makes me hopeful that it isn't going to last as long as she once thought it would. I've been praying hard for that!

I love them dearly....but I believe it's best if we don't all live under the same roof!

I know what you mean.

America

Ventura Highway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd2Ch6WBeQU
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:46   #2969
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
I know what you mean.

America

Ventura Highway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd2Ch6WBeQU

1974....'twas a VERY good year....

One of my VERY favorite songs from America and that time of my life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk-7n...eature=related
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:53   #2970
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
1974....'twas a VERY good year....

One of my VERY favorite songs from America and that time of my life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk-7n...eature=related
yes that was a VERY GOOD year, the early '70s were some of the best years of my life or at least some of my favorite.
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:57   #2971
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
America

A Horse With No Name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0...eature=related


1973 (I think)
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 21:00   #2972
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
yes that was a VERY GOOD year, the early '70s were some of the best years of my life or at least some of my favorite.
Mine too.


The summer of 1971....and on....

Awesome! Things were a little more "serious" for me....from that point on....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_uBQ...eature=related
__________________

Karen

Last edited by kcb; 10-16-2010 at 21:01..
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 21:08   #2973
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
Mine too.


The summer of 1971....and on....

Awesome! Things were a little more "serious" for me....from that point on....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_uBQ...eature=related



The Grass Roots

Temptation Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVpDfxhcOo
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 21:11   #2974
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
I know it hasn't been too long since I posted this one but I still like it...

Aerosmith....

I don't want to miss a thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_0U...eature=related
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 21:15   #2975
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
I know it hasn't been too long since I posted this one but I still like it...

Aerosmith....

I don't want to miss a thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_0U...eature=related
that is a good one Karen.

got to go catch some z's see you next time.

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:20.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 685
198 Members
487 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42