Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:15   #1
MerlinX

New CW40 Problems...

I just purchased a used CW 40 and took it to the range yesterday. I was very excited to shoot my first Kahr! However after the first shot I knew something was wrong. After every shot the slide would lock back. I don't think it was a FTF because the original shell ejected properly and the slide didn't come forward enough to even touch the next round. If I pulled back on the slide and let go it would chamber the next round. Anyone know what my problem is? Or if Kahr offers any kind of warranty on a used gun? If so how is their customer service and turn around time?
MerlinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:01   #2
gb6491

I don't know if they any kind of warranty on used guns. I've dealt with their customer service and they've helped me, with fairly speedy results, by sending parts free of charge. I've no first hand experience with returning a firearm to them.
In regards to the slide locking back:
Check that the slide stop lever spring is not bent and is in the proper position when the stop is installed.
There is also the possibility that rounds are hitting the stop as they are feeding. They can do this becuase of bullet shape/length, by moving slightly forward before feeding, or an over-sized stop. Try working the slide by hand while watching the lever for movement.
Regards,
Greg
gb6491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 17:58   #3
MerlinX

Thanks for the response... I emailed Kahr and they also mentioned the slide stop spring. However sending it free? The responder sent me a link to their parts page. And informed me on how crummy the warranty is. 5 years original buyer only.
Old 09-21-2010, 18:18   #4
kurt1305

My PM40 should arrive back tomorrow after the same issue. They stated they were able to replicate the problem and "polished" the end of the slide stop to solve the problem. I figured the slide stop was being pushed up as it contacted the bullet as it rose to be chambered.
kurt1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 18:22   #5
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

This is common with the Kahr line and is almost always due to user error when reassembling. The slide stop MUST be put on carefully and MUST go under the slide stop spring. It only takes one time to bend it in and make it useless. Make sure the spring is straight and not bent in. Make sure you install the slide stop UNDER the spring EVERYTIME. When I bought my CW40 used they said ut had that problem. I stripped it and the spring was bent in from being assembled poorly. Was your's "on the floor" at the showroom? If so that's your problem. Look at the spring.

BTW... KAHR will send you a new one free if you tell them what's wrong.
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 00:02   #6
MerlinX

So anyone have a picture of a bent slide stop spring compared to a new one?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:23   #7
gb6491

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinX View Post
So anyone have a picture of a bent slide stop spring compared to a new one?
See post #5 in his thread: http://kahrtalk.com/p-cw-series-pist...html#post29719
Regards,
Greg
gb6491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 16:08   #8
MerlinX

Thx GB

Tags
kahr, problems, question