SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:59   #1
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

+3 extensions from MAX100

Please keep in mind that the information below is strictly factual and (I believe) is pertinent to this forum. Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move it for me.

Sometime in late April, I contacted MAX100 after seeing his Remington 870 magazine extensions in this thread. He responded to my email May 2:
The price is $65 shipped. It comes with a extra power Wolff spring. It's made of high quality steel and has a very durable matte black ceramic bake on finish that looks similar to a parkerized finish and it matches the shotgun finish well. It will take about 4 weeks to ship. The payment options are: USPS money order, personal check or GUNPAL.com by credit card. 7+1 extension even with the muzzle with a 18.5" barrel.

It has ridges on the bottom of the base to engage a detent.

THANKS

CRAIG PRINCE ==GUN CONNECTION==
GunConnect@prtcnet.com
7103 HWY 101 N
GRAY COURT SC 29645
So I sent a money order, and sent this email May 3:
OK, I just dropped a $65 money order in the mail to you with my shipping address! Please let me know when you receive it!
On May 4, I received an email that said "thanks". So far, so good, right?

May 21, I sent:
Hello - can you give me an idea as to when I might receive the mag tube? I sent the money order about three weeks ago.
A little over a week later, on June 1, MAX100 sent this:

It's going to be about 3 more weeks. I have received many orders and it's going to take longer than expected. I stopped taking any new orders to get caught up. I don't get to work on them everyday. I run a gun shop as well.

That's reasonable. So a couple weeks later, on June 14, I sent an email:

Are you thinking that I'll be receiving the extension this week? Or next?

Thanks,

-Josh
He got right back to me on the same day, and I received:
It will be next week. I have many made but I can't put a finish on them until this weekend and first of next week. It's time consuming because then they have to be baked in the oven. It will look nice you will like it. I will email when I ship.
June 24th, I was wondering where it was, and sent:
Good morning--do you still think I'll get the extension this week?

Thanks,
-Josh
Two weeks went by, and I finally got a response July 9:

I have to go out of town on business and will be back on the 16th and will ship your extension out then.

So I wrote back the same day:
Are they finished? Finish baked on, ready to ship... I ask because I sent payment two months ago, and I've been told a few different dates. I realize this isn't your primary business, just a side project; but I had no idea it would take this long.

Thanks,
Josh
MAX100 wrote back immediately:
It's done and I will ship it as soon as I get back on Monday after the 16th.
Jump ahead to three weeks later... July 28th, I sent:
Craig,

I'd like to get this extension, I really would. The quality is reported good, and they look great in photos. However, I paid for one of these several months ago, and you've promised me on a few different occasions that one would be sent to me. I write & I don't hear back. I realize you're a busy guy--but if you can't deliver, please send my money back.

I've moved. My new address is:

Josh xxx
xxxx
Clearwater, FL xxxxx
Thanks.

MAX100 wrote back on the same day:
I will get you taken care of. I have a lot of orders to fill. I have your new address down
That's the last I've heard from him. I've sent several emails, sent PM's on GT, but I'm getting nowhere. Can anyone assist me with this? I think I've got reason to be a dissatisfied with this situation.
Old 08-30-2010, 17:05   #2
GlockPride
Glock 23

Sounds like Craig has not upheld his part of the transaction. I think maybe payment should have been withheld until product was ready to go.
Good luck and I hope you get your product, or money. To me, there are too many other extension choices available to put up with this.
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:36   #3
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

I was told the product was ready. It's encounters like this one that makes online transactions less & less appealing.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:12   #4
bikerdog

Wow I'm glad I read this. I was thinking about buying one of his tubes for an 870 project I'm working on, but now I'm not so sure.
Old 08-31-2010, 21:33   #5
USDB2FCI

My USPS Money Order has this date on it 4-14-10. I don't mind waiting but just tell me how long it will be. If its a year so be it, and say so. .... Wait DeltaNu1142 are you the one I sold my 870P barrel to ? If you are, I am sorry for all of this as I'm the one who informed you about this extension. I'm waiting for mine also.
USDB2FCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:59   #6
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDB2FCI View Post
My USPS Money Order has this date on it 4-14-10. I don't mind waiting but just tell me how long it will be. If its a year so be it, and say so. .... Wait DeltaNu1142 are you the one I sold my 870P barrel to ? If you are, I am sorry for all of this as I'm the one who informed you about this extension. I'm waiting for mine also.
Oh, that's right--yes, that was me. Thanks for that sale, that one went great! I'm in the same boat; about the same timeframe on the MO. I've already wasted more than $65 of my time keeping track of this & would just like to know one of these times that I hear I'm 'going to get it', that I'm actually going to get it. I'm tired of getting the runaround. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:34   #7
Dr. DaveT

I could have written this post, except I was trying to get a +4 for a 20" barrel.
Had the same sequence of events happen to me.
I even told Max that I'd take a +3 just to get the deal done, but no reply.

Anybody know him personally ?
Robinson XCR 7.62x39
AK74 non-century
Dr. DaveT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:49   #8
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Here ya go...

http://www.laurenssheriff.org/

That's the website for the Sheriff's Office of the county he operates out of. They would be the ones to talk with about filing a report and seeking an arrest warrant for fraud.
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:24   #9
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
Here ya go...
http://www.laurenssheriff.org/
That's the website for the Sheriff's Office of the county he operates out of. They would be the ones to talk with about filing a report and seeking an arrest warrant for fraud.
Man, I really don't want to go that route. I wish he'd just respond. If you take someone's money, then you're in a business agreement. If he had just said, "nope, can't do it, too busy, tough luck pal" it'd be a different story.
Old 09-01-2010, 18:46   #10
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
Man, I really don't want to go that route. I wish he'd just respond. If you take someone's money, then you're in a business agreement. If he had just said, "nope, can't do it, too busy, tough luck pal" it'd be a different story.
I can understand why you would feel that way but one thing I think you should consider is the fact that this man isn't just doing this to you, he's also fraudulently taking money from other gun owners/customers.

Either way, I hope you either get your money back or eventually get your extension.
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 18:24   #11
GJG

the thread you cited is also the one which drew me to use max100

and as you.......my experience also leads me to believe HE is someone to be careful in dealing with......

Below is excerpts of emails we exchanged which outline my dealings with him.....

On 07/20/2010 05:44 PM, GJG wrote:

> Craig,
>
> I ordered my extension on 5/1 and have been given 3 different schedules as you can see below
>
> on 5/4 I had received no confirmation of shipping so i inquired if it had shipped
>
> on 5/4 you responded as quoted below.
>
>> Sorry it's at least a 4 week wait. I make extensions for other shotguns as well, that no one offers extensions for. 590A1 & 500 Tactical Breacher 18.5" barrel are two. I can give you a refund. Let me know
>>
>> THANKS
>>
>> CRAIG PRINCE ==GUN CONNECTION==
>> GunConnect@prtcnet.com
>> 7103 HWY 101 N
>> GRAY COURT SC 29645
>
> I told you to proceed that i wanted it and 5 weeks later on 6/14 after i inquired about my order you replied with the following:
>
>> It will be a couple of weeks.
>>
>> 7103 HWY 101 N
>> GRAY COURT SC 29645
>
> your latest reply 3 1/2 weeks later on 7/8 after i inquired once again was:
>
>> It has been taking around 3 months to get orders out because I have so many. I run a firearms business as well. I will be out of town for a week on business until the 16th and will get you taken care of when I get back. If you need a refund I will take care of it when I get back.
>>
>> Sorry
>>
>> THANKS
>>
>> 7103 HWY 101 N
>> GRAY COURT SC 29645
>
> That is 3 different delivery schedules. i have been very patient....paid in advance....but as you may imagine I am getting worried. I am sorry you run a firearms business as well but i would hope you can see where I may be losing confidence in you. i have read good reviews about your extensions on several different forums and still want the one i paid for.
>
> I would hope that you would fulfill your latest schedule and have my order shipped within the next week. I believe that would be approx 90 days/3 months.
>
> Thanks

His latest reply On 07/29/2010 08:13 PM, GUN CONNECTION wrote:

> It's going to be a little longer

On 08/08/2010 03:33 PM, I wrote:

> look....i have been patient.....
>
> send the item i paid for or refund my money.....

received the following from him 8/22 11:37pm

Quote:
I going to send your order.

THANKS

CRAIG PRINCE ==GUN CONNECTION==
GunConnect@prtcnet.com
7103 HWY 101 N
GRAY COURT SC 29645
still don't have my extension....i recommend thinking twice before dealing with him......

see here for other unhappy customers:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=326069
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=321984
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=109&t=795598
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1079688

Last edited by GJG; 09-04-2010 at 18:27..
GJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:49   #12
USDB2FCI

Another unhappy customer. It's been so long for me, I almost forgot about it (4-14-10). When I placed my order I did not see 1 negative review of MAX100. Now if you search you will find a lot of unhappy customers.
USDB2FCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 14:01   #13
GJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDB2FCI View Post
Another unhappy customer. It's been so long for me, I almost forgot about it (4-14-10). When I placed my order I did not see 1 negative review of MAX100. Now if you search you will find a lot of unhappy customers.
he used to hang out at shotgun world alot evidently.....i posted over there and got skewered and flamed for even suggesting i was unhappy with max100 ...

heres the link if you are interested....

Shotgun World

Last edited by GJG; 09-06-2010 at 16:38..
Old 09-07-2010, 08:37   #14
nolt
DONT PANIC!

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1208856

here's my story.

i gunpal'd him the money on 4-30-10 and he said 4 weeks. on 6-16-10 i replied to our original correspondence with an email to him saying:

Quote:
"Hey Craig....
Whats the word on this?

Thanks!"
...and i sent this same email daily from 6-16-10 until 6-23-10. with no response. i called the phone number listed on his CFL for 'gun connection' almost daily as well. noone ever answered that number.

then on 6-23-10 i posted the above post here to try to find out some info.
he posted back here pretty quickly and got pissy with me for 'bringing it here' and told me that he had been emailing me daily.

well first of all my email doesnt junk/spam people that i am in active conversation with, but i checked his email addy locally and even called my ISP that this particular address is hosted with.

no emails.

furthermore wouldnt a reasonable individual realize that if they WERE replying to an email and it kept coming day after day that they should do something else? like use the contact info on gunpal that had my address and phone number and a DIFFERENT email address?

none of that was tried. but he found the gunpal transaction very quickly to refund my money with indignation.

like i said in the other thread... i dunno if hes a crook, but hes a horrible business person and treats his customers with little regard.

edit: it looks like the thread i am linking is the same thread that the OP is linking. POST #18 is where my bit begins.

i also got several PMs here from other members that had been waiting about as long as i had with no responses. hopefully they will post here too.

Last edited by nolt; 09-07-2010 at 09:02..
nolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 14:00   #15
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

I'd like to reiterate, I've simply been stating the facts. I have neither the item I was promised, or any indication that I'll be getting a refund.

However, my opinion is that I've spent more than $65 worth of my time keeping track of this. Anything more is a complete waste of my efforts. I would hope that Craig Prince would honor the deal, but (as evidenced by my recent divorce) not everyone holds the same values I do regarding commitment!
Old 09-07-2010, 14:23   #16
nolt
DONT PANIC!

agreed. my post is a bit different as ive posted some speculation about the communication. i hope that a reasonable reader would recognize that.

FWIW i didnt want a refund. i wanted an extension.

good luck.
Old 09-07-2010, 14:41   #17
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

I feel the same way, and I was in no way disparaging your post. I hope it works out for us both and the 3-4 other people that posted above and are in the same situation with this guy. Hm. Add that up, and it's around $250... not bad for the time it takes to send a few emails. That's more than the Nigerians get out of me.

Last edited by DeltaNu1142; 09-07-2010 at 14:41..
DeltaNu1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 17:27   #18
GenoTac Ind.
|KYDEX GEAR>

Well, I was about to order one but...all this?

There are only two things that I think has happened to Craig,

1. His orders are really catching up to him as he got more "word of mouth" adverts on gun forums. Seems like he is running the "tube" business out of his garage and can not keep up with the wave of volume of orders now coming to him...This is a good thing as this would be chance for him to expand and make things right (hope your are reading MAX100)

2. Taking orderS and heading out of dodge!!! BAD thing. I hope this isn't it as he did make good tubes.
Old 09-07-2010, 17:57   #19
GJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
I feel the same way, and I was in no way disparaging your post. I hope it works out for us both and the 3-4 other people that posted above and are in the same situation with this guy. Hm. Add that up, and it's around $250... not bad for the time it takes to send a few emails. That's more than the Nigerians get out of me.

Last edited by GJG; 09-07-2010 at 17:58..
Old 09-07-2010, 21:36   #20
nolt
DONT PANIC!

DeltaNu1142 he promptly refunded my money per the other thread when I sought info here. I hope you get an extension. I would still be surprised if you didn't get either an extension or a refund eventually... whenever that is.

Tags
extension, max100, shotgun