Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-23-2010, 17:55   #1
arhim22

WTB: Glock 17/19 for USPSA

Hi I'm looking for a private sale so that I can purchase the firearm. I heard that if your over the age of 18 you can purchase a handgun from a private seller. true?

I'm looking to start competing in USPSA/IDPA in the near future and I'm 19 years of age and a PreMed student at UCF. I'd be willing to do a partial trade for my wood stock Marlin model 60 .22lr rifle w/ ~100 rds through it and some cash.

Looking for a Glock 3rd gen. model 17 or 19, If necessary it can go under my brother's name he is 22 years old. He is also looking for one so if you have 2 glocks for sale I we can purchase both.

I'd prefer OD green/black but all black is fine.
arhim22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:14   #2
Jon_R
Silver Membership

In FL a non dealer can sell a handgun to a FL resident that is 18 or older as long as they don't have reason to believe the person can not own it.

There is no "go under your Brother's name" that could be considered a straw purchase. If your brother bought a handgun for the purpose of gifting it to you that would be legal. If your brother bought a handgun then after buying it decided he wanted to sell it to you that would be legal.

I hope you can work it out. They are great guns and action shooting is a lot fun. If you are looking for matches let me know. I shoot a lot in Brevard County and heading to UCF tonight for a class.

For your brother he might want to consider joining GSSF then buying a brand new Glock for ~$420 I think is the current price. That is through a dealer so it would not work for you.
Jon_R is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
9mm, beretta, for sale, mags, speed