Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-17-2010, 15:34   #221
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitmanr2003 View Post
want a gen4 and want to shoot lead bullets so i need a new barrel, but didnt know if any of them works with gen 4. i want lone wofe or stone.
That sounds like a question that should be posted here-> http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdis...ysprune=&f=247

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:49   #222
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

So how long do you expect it will be before the GEN 4s actually appear on GLOCK's web site? Just came from there and couldn't find it. You'd think it would be right on the home page.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 13:06   #223
onalandline
Me Got Gun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
So how long do you expect it will be before the GEN 4s actually appear on GLOCK's web site? Just came from there and couldn't find it. You'd think it would be right on the home page.
I'm surprised by the lack of website updates.
Old 03-20-2010, 16:19   #224
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by onalandline View Post
Yeah, but it's typical of GLOCK. It took quite some time for the GAP pistols to make the web page. At this point, I'm guessing the RTF-2s won't make it at all.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 16:28   #225
njl

Quote:
Originally Posted by onalandline View Post
You must not have been around long. Glock typically takes years to update their website.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:28   #226
Rusty Shackleford
mmhmm

Quote:
want a gen4 and want to shoot lead bullets so i need a new barrel, but didnt know if any of them works with gen 4. i want lone wofe or stone.
The answer from the manufacturers (as reported by myself and others) is "yes."

The result of using one of these barrels, for me, has been no different than using it in any other Glock pistol.
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:34   #227
Glocks&Ducs

Quote:
You don't need a different barrel to shoot lead through a Glock.
Glocks&Ducs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 00:20   #228
gunstoshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocks&Ducs View Post
Please elaborate on what you mean by your comment. I always thought that Glock barrels leaded and created unsafe pressures.

Also, just read an article on the Glock Gen 4 that answers a lot of the questions in this thread. [url]http://www.westernshooter.com/2010/03/glock-g22-gen-4-review.html[/url]
gunstoshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 17:50   #229
Last Rites
GLocK FaNaTiC!

Anyone know if the 20 will be made in Gen 4?

Edit:
Found my answer...
Quoted from Western Shooter Blog Archive;

"As of right now, February 2010, the Glock GEN 4 is only available in the G22 and G17. The G22 is chambered in .40 S&W and is considered a “standard” size Glock. The G17 is chambered in 9mm (9×19mm) and is also considered “standard” size. Glock is planning on releasing the GEN 4 in all of their models. As far as time frame goes, they will release the G19 and G23 this fall. The next models have yet to be determined and I was told their release will be based on demand."

Would it be stupid to assume that it could be up to a year, and possibly even longer before I even see a Glock 20 (10mm) released in Gen 4? Or am I just being a pessimistic whiny little b****? I would love to buy a Gen 4 20 today, but the gosh darn thing doesn't sound very promising for my immediate future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Last Rites; 04-02-2010 at 18:03..
Last Rites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 20:51   #230
runhotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen40 View Post
Anyone know if 9mm's will have the dual recoil spring or just the 40's ?

Yup, same spring
runhotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 20:15   #231
GoingQuiet
FFL/SOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocks&Ducs View Post
I would NEVER shoot bare lead through a Glock factory barrel.

321-917-0760
Stocking Silencerco, Gemtech, Advanced Armament, Sig Sauer and Rock River Arms
1101 W. Hibiscus Blvd #103A
Melbourne, FL 32901

GoingQuiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 20:50   #232
Glocks&Ducs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingQuiet View Post
I would NEVER shoot bare lead through a Glock factory barrel.
So what? That doesn't mean it can't be done safely.
Glocks&Ducs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 18:56   #233
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Rites View Post
Anyone know if the 20 will be made in Gen 4?

Edit:
Found my answer...
Quoted from Western Shooter Blog Archive;

"As of right now, February 2010, the Glock GEN 4 is only available in the G22 and G17. The G22 is chambered in .40 S&W and is considered a “standard” size Glock. The G17 is chambered in 9mm (9×19mm) and is also considered “standard” size. Glock is planning on releasing the GEN 4 in all of their models. As far as time frame goes, they will release the G19 and G23 this fall. The next models have yet to be determined and I was told their release will be based on demand."

Would it be stupid to assume that it could be up to a year, and possibly even longer before I even see a Glock 20 (10mm) released in Gen 4? Or am I just being a pessimistic whiny little b****? I would love to buy a Gen 4 20 today, but the gosh darn thing doesn't sound very promising for my immediate future.

Any updates as to when Glock may be coming out with the 20/29 in Gen4?
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 20:43   #234
Forgoten214

Send a message via AIM to Forgoten214 Send a message via Yahoo to Forgoten214
Does anyone know if they will stop making Gen3 Glocks now that the Gen4 came out? I heard rumors that it is a direct replacement then I've had people mention that the Gen4 is just an addition to the Gen3.

Just curious to see if anyone knew or not.

Forgoten214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 20:56   #235
Doug in Ak

Don't know if they will stop making the gen 3 but I do know I ordered a new one Thursday and it should be here tomorrow. Personally, I love the gen 3 guns and really don't have a desire for a gen 4. But hey, I'm an old guy and not interested in change! JMHO
BIG DAWG #1376
Sub Club #1957
G1 Niner's Club #1957
Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Doug in Ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 15:06   #236
Gray_Wolf

Did Glock make any changed on Gen4 guns since they been made? there are some reports of poor reliability in gen4 guns (any truth to that?) and others said that Glock fixed the issue (how??) If that's true that glock made changes to the gen4's what was changed and what date/SN guns are 'safe' to buy?
Gray_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 17:07   #237
njl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Wolf View Post
Did Glock make any changed on Gen4 guns since they been made? there are some reports of poor reliability in gen4 guns (any truth to that?) and others said that Glock fixed the issue (how??) If that's true that glock made changes to the gen4's what was changed and what date/SN guns are 'safe' to buy?
Dude! Do some reading. The only change I'm aware of post-production on the Gen4 guns is a few revisions of the new dual spring recoil assemblies. Some people had function issues with the original dual spring assemblies with "weak US market ammo".
Old 07-10-2011, 09:56   #238
ArizonaPhil

It appears that the latest Gen 4 Model 19 spring is 0 4 2. I just purchased one with the test fire date as 6/24/11 and it had the 0 4 2 spring in it.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:41   #239
ChazzMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by njl View Post
Dude! Do some reading. The only change I'm aware of post-production on the Gen4 guns is a few revisions of the new dual spring recoil assemblies. Some people had function issues with the original dual spring assemblies with "weak US market ammo".
Glock also changed extractor design about the same time. They also started including them with gen3s but it was introduced when the gen4s were introduced. So, that's why some people are changing to Lone Wolf extractors to see if that helps. Thinking is maybe the extractor is contributing to the problem by not extracting!

Glock even told customer they had a batch of "out of spec" extractors. Is it that or a bad design?

=======

"weak U.S. market ammo" is bull. Any reputable gun should be able to fire factory SAAMI spec ammo. Period. Winchester white box is loaded to SAMMI specs. If Glock can't fire that, it's Glock's fault.

========

And I'm a huge Glock fan. I've only owned Glocks for the past 21 years. Right now I own a Gen3 Glock 19 and a Gen4 Glock 26. I sold a Gen3 Glock 26 to get the Gen4 26 -- which had several FTEs in the first 300 rounds. Since springs didn't change with the Glock 26s, I'm leaning towards the extractor theory myself.

But if Glock has screwed up, don't be mindless fanbois about it. I'm sure they will fix it, but don't blame the messengers and don't blame ammo. My Gen3 Glock has no trouble shooting factory SAMMI spec ammo. If Gen4s can't, it's the Gen4 fault (somewhere in the firing process), not the ammo's fault (which didn't change).

Last edited by ChazzMatt; 07-14-2011 at 10:52..
ChazzMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:30   #240
mike g35

Anyone know if I can use the trigger group out of my Gen 3 G35 in my Gen 4 G17 rtf?

Tags
barrel, fourth, gen4, generation, glock 17, glock od, olive drab