SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-08-2010, 16:48   #1
Denied
NRA Member

Bipod for model 6920

Well you talked me into the SSA trigger, its on order. Now lets talk about bi-pods. My 6920 has a sling swivel stud on the bottom of the sight behind the bayonet lug, I would like to hang a bi-pod off this stud. Questions: will a bi-pod mount off this lug? What make and mode? Will I need an adapter or not? Would love to hear from someone who has done this with a 6920.
Thanks to all

Last edited by Denied; 07-08-2010 at 16:50..
Denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 17:02   #2
zhix

harris makes or made an adaptor for ARs, I have a harris w/ a YHM rail adapter and there are several companies that make one( if you have rail handguards).
zhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 21:28   #3
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denied View Post
Well you talked me into the SSA trigger, its on order. Now lets talk about bi-pods. My 6920 has a sling swivel stud on the bottom of the sight behind the bayonet lug, I would like to hang a bi-pod off this stud. Questions: will a bi-pod mount off this lug? What make and mode? Will I need an adapter or not? Would love to hear from someone who has done this with a 6920.
Thanks to all
I would not put a bi pod on it. It will take up a fair amount of what little real estate there is to put your hand on with this carbine. Plus I see no reason to have a bi pod on a carbine. A heavy precision rifle sure but not on a carbine. That is my take.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:54   #4
zhix

I have a bipod on my 6920 right now. If you want to take it off or put it on another rifle its not like its permanent or hard to take off (if you have a rail & get a rail adaptor). Unless you're in law enforcement or something and have to carry it everyday, its your gun and if you want to shoot it from the bench a lot then get the bipod.
zhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 17:14   #5
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhix View Post
I have a bipod on my 6920 right now. If you want to take it off or put it on another rifle its not like its permanent or hard to take off (if you have a rail & get a rail adaptor). Unless you're in law enforcement or something and have to carry it everyday, its your gun and if you want to shoot it from the bench a lot then get the bipod.
Its his gun and his choice as you said. The problem being that the standard handguards on the Colt leave little room for standard shooting with a bi pod attached. For me Bi pods are tools for precision rifles in the field. I have found you can always shoot more accuratley off the bench using sand bags vs a bi pod which moves on each shot. If he is going to get a bi pod I would recommend he get a 12 inch free float like the Omega X to allow for a good grip and have room for the bi pod. Also with a free float the point of impact won't shift like it will using a bi pod on a standard non floated set up.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote