Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:55   #1
nelsone
rank amateur

Send a message via Skype™ to nelsone
TGSCOM problem - again - this time with G21sf

I bought a G36 through TGSCOM a year or so ago, and it took half of forever to arrive. Well, okay, it was the OD green frame, and they installed the Lasermax for me - those options take time. As long as it's right, right?

At the time I thought, they're so slow, I don't want to deal with them again, BUT....

I've been trying to get my hands on a non-ambi-release, Glock-rail G21sf for the longest time, and I understand now why they're so hard to get. I spoke to the Sages of Smyrna, and they tell me that there's only one G21sf model with the non-ambi, and it happens to also be the only California-legal one: it's model number PF2150201. My friendly and always-patient FFL, Mark at Dual Smoking Gunn's in Beaverton, 'splained it all to me over the course of the month that I spent waiting for him to get me the gun.

But did I listen? Did I trust his experience? Nooooo....

I believed the TGSCOM people, who told me that they could ship it from STOCK! No such luck. I ordered a non-ambi, Glock-rail, California-model G21sf on 9/11, and got nothing in return but silence - a long silence. So I started calling, being polite but insistent, thinking it was only a matter of time, and that eventually they'd get it right, right? No such luck.

Mark at DSG's called me late Friday to tell me that my gun had finally arrived, five weeks to the day after I ordered it, so I went to pick it up Saturday, 10/18 - that's yesterday. Coincidentally, the credit-card bill also arrived on Saturday.

Imagine my consternation when I see that the Glock case has TWO model-number stickers on it: the PF2150201 that I ordered, and another next to it: P92150701. It's this second sticker that has the gun serial number on it, and that number does indeed match the number on the gun in the case.

The gun in the case is exactly wrong: it's a Pic-rail, non-California legal G21sf with ambi release. I'm stunned. This was not an accident, where somebody carelessly tossed the wrong gun in the right case and sent it off without checking. No, somebody took the right case, put the wrong gun in it, and then deliberately placed the second model-number sticker on the case to match the gun. Mark at DSG's said that he has NEVER seen such a blunder in all his years.

I can't get through to TGSCOM on the weekend - not even by email. But I can read their fine print which says that they do not accept returns on guns, period. Well ain't that tough? Too bad that I never received the gun! Of course I wouldn't go through the NICS check, so Mark couldn't release the gun to me, so I never received it, and it's not what I ordered, so I'm not responsible.

The question is, is anybody at TGSCOM responsible? Hellooo! Is there anybody over there with any responsibility? Or do y'all show your disdain for insistent customers by deliberately messing up their orders?

I know, I shouldn't be that way, and I normally don't attribute to malice those actions which are adequately explained by simple incompetence. This time I'll make an exception: The actions of someone at TGSCOM appear to be so blatantly fraudulent, so utterly wrong, that I'm done with them.

Well, not quite done. They had no problem charging my credit card for the PF2150201, which is a higher price than they get for the P92150701 that they actually shipped. And then there's all the other G21sf accessories that I ordered at the same time, which they split-shipped weeks ago, attaching the whole $19.95 shipping charge to the first small package that went out. So at this point I feel that I have no choice but to not cancel the gun order, and wait for them to ship me the right model - eventually - because otherwise I'll get stuck with a very large shipping charge for a few small accessories. I can't send those accessory packages back, because they also contained a few small items that I needed for other guns and have already opened.

And there you have it. I know I could've waited until tomorrow to post, to see how sincerely regretful they are, and how speedy their promised mitigation will be, but none of that takes away from the inexcusable bogosity that they've already displayed.

If you've read through this entire rant, then you're the patient type, and you might have some sage advice of your own for me. I'm open to suggestions!

more to come....

Last edited by nelsone; 11-24-2009 at 19:10.. Reason: fourth update below
Old 10-18-2009, 15:09   #2
carbofan21

sorry to hear about your situation. please keep us updated on what (if anything) they do to resolve it
Old 10-21-2009, 13:38   #3
nelsone
rank amateur

Updated Wed. 10/21

Monday:
Called in to TGSCOM - the nice but helpless phone jockey promised to bump it up to her supe.

Tuesday:
Supervisor sends me canned email that says they'll send a prepaid mailer to my FFL, and will refund my plastic when they get the gun back.
No mention of refunding the $19.95 shipping charge; no acceptance of responsibility; nothing resembling an apology.

Wed:
In response to my return email insisting on a refund of shipping charges, supervisor states that she will waive shipping on a new order for the same gun. According to their system, I have to place a brand-new order for the same gun, and go to the back of the queue again.

The TGSCOM website still says that this gun is "in stock," whatever that means. Maybe they're just promising that somebody somewhere must have it.
Old 10-23-2009, 18:33   #4
Polak
(pō'lāk')

When I bought my 21sf (Feb or March 2007) from them, I had to wait a month or so. I didn't mind, because I was in Paris, France for the month. When I came back, it was at my FFL. After thinking about it, I'll never order anything from them again.
Glock 27Gen 4

Last edited by Polak; 10-23-2009 at 18:38..
Old 10-28-2009, 11:31   #5
nelsone
rank amateur

OMG: They screwed it up AGAIN - 2nd update

I'll be a good boy and not give out any names here, but suffice it to say that the supervisor I'm dealing with at TGSCOM is a sandwich or two shy of a picnic. I did eventually get her to understand my problem, and she agreed to try to at least bump me to the head of the line for my reorder: a non-ambi-release, Glock-rail, model 21SF. According to Anthony at Glock Inc. in Smyrna, this PF2150201 is the ONLY 21SF model that's California legal (with 10-round mags), not that it matters here in Oregon.

Yesterday "it" was delivered to my longsuffering FFL in Beaverton, and sure enough, it was the wrong one - again. Hey, they're getting closer: At least this G21SF had the Glock rail and ten-round mags, unlike their last try at shipping me a product. But alas, it had the ambi release - just what I didn't want. And if I happened to have a California address, they could have been in some serious trouble - again - for shipping an illegal firearm to the Golden State.

So let's review! It's almost seven weeks since I placed this order, they've shipped the wrong gun twice, the supervisor refunded the charge for the gun but refused to credit me the $19.95 shipping cost. Her expert opinion was that my only option was to place the order again, and get the shipping waived on the new order. And now I'm back to Square One again, still waiting for this particular supervisor to return my call. I'll let y'all know what she says if and when I hear back.

Now, what smiley should go here? All of them, maybe - or just one smacking himself in the forehead.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:24   #6
bubbatime
Jive Turkey!!

Time to ship it back and cut your losses.

They sound about as professional as the bumbling pirates that attempted to hijack that American ship last year and were shot in the head by the Navy Seals.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:48   #7
carbofan21

sounds like situation normal at this bottom of the barrel retailer

how these people stay in business is an absolute mystery to me
Old 11-13-2009, 10:41   #8
nelsone
rank amateur

How indeed!
Best hopes for the rapid demise of TGSCOM, once and for all.

Okie dokie, then, let's review:
NINE WEEKS AGO TODAY I ordered a G21SF with non-ambi release.
They sent the wrong gun, in a box labeled with TWO model numbers - the one I wanted, and the one it actually contained.

They sent a shipper to the FFL and several weeks later my CC was credited for the gun cost, but not for the shipping cost!

Then, they sent THE WRONG GUN AGAIN, once again in a box labeled with the model number that I wanted, not the one that it contained.

Okay, they agree to send another prepaid shipper to the FFL, but nothing has happened now for a couple weeks, SO:

I happened to visit my FFL a few days ago and he told me the strangest story. Somebody sent him a blank FedEx box and shipping label - No account number, no RMA, and not even a return address on it - no indication of who sent it or why. I called TGSCOM two days ago, and of course they never called me back, but today I got through to somebody there who said, yes, they sent out a FedEx box, and yes, that must've been theirs that went out blank. So they say they're sending another one.

All righty then! We're up to three blunders (and counting) resulting from a single order, and STILL the right product has not been shipped! At this point I'm sort of expecting some clown with a video camera to jump out from behind a bush and tell me that it's all just a joke and I've been pwned.

But I already knew that.
Old 11-24-2009, 19:10   #9
nelsone
rank amateur

Still not done with this order gone awry

This story, about "the PF2150201 G21SF that couldn't," still isn't done.

The good souls at TGSCOM finally sent the FedEx label to my FFL so he could return the SECOND wrong G21, just like he did the FIRST time. And of course TGSCOM received the gun from him in short order.

They even refunded the credit-card charge - almost. Even though there was only one charge for combined shipping + G21sf, they chose instead to deduct the $19.95 shipping cost from what they credited me, intentionally charging me for delivering the gun that I never received. Interesting.

Of course I won't pay it, but the dispute process with my CC company is a little involved, so it would be best if it all just went away. But hassle or no, I will be french-fried in Perdition before I pay a nickel to this company for services not rendered.

Friday will make eleven weeks since this saga began.
Old 11-27-2009, 17:32   #10
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Whoa!

Never heard of this company. Definitely WON'T get to know them better!
Stumbled on this thread searching for other info.
Am severely intrigued and anxiously look forward to the next entry.
Old 06-06-2010, 20:27   #11
GlockSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc1970 View Post
"Get over it"
Senior Member with over 800 posts and replies to a 6 month old post with "Get over it"... nice.
Old 06-11-2010, 19:35   #12
nelsone
rank amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc1970 View Post
"Get over it"
Thank you for your kind words. I'm over it.

But as it happens, TGSCOM did indeed have the right to charge me the whole twenty bucks for shipping as soon as they sent me the first bits - springs, mags and base plates, those sorts of things. I could've sent it all back and maybe gotten my $20 back, except for the fact that in the intervening MONTHS I'd opened the packages and assembled them all. So I was stuck paying out the proverbial yazoo to ship some small items.

But it worked out! I found an absolutely pristine used G21SF with Trijicons and a non-ambi release from a GT member named husker54, a good deal at $530 and a pleasure to do bidness with the fellow. So my cash went to a better place, IMO. And I learned a little non-injury lesson.

BTW, there's nothing like the stability of that full-sized G21 platform for .45 ACP - it sure is a lot faster on the followup than my G36! Now, if I could just afford that Osprey can for it....

Tags
g21, g21sf, problem, problems, tgscom