Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-27-2010, 14:17   #1
UltimateReloader

New post: Reloading primers, where to get them!

Thought you guys might find this useful:
http://ultimatereloader.com/?p=947
Thanks,
Gavin
UltimateReloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 14:37   #2
Glockin26

Someone on here ordered 20k wolf pistol primers that were not effective in igniting the powder. When sking for a refund he could not ship back because this person didnt have the neccesary credentials for hazerdous materials handling.
Glockin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 17:40   #3
BBJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockin26 View Post
Someone on here ordered 20k wolf pistol primers that were not effective in igniting the powder. When sking for a refund he could not ship back because this person didnt have the neccesary credentials for hazerdous materials handling.
Someone on here saw bigfoot too. What is your point?
BBJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 17:45   #4
Glockin26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJones View Post

Pics or it didnt happen...

Id rather not get stuck with ineffective primers, in which this blog recommends.
Glockin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 19:05   #5
XDRoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJones View Post
Does someone need a hug(sorry about the smilie, closest thing I could find)

In Wolf's defense. I have a case of primers from a lot number that I've read on this forum were defective. I haven't had any problems with poor ignitions or any FTF's of any kind.

They are however a pain in the ass to seat. Some seat fine, others are hard to push in, and others snag on the way in like they are too big or not round. So I will not be buying them again, but they do go bang, at least for me.

Last edited by XDRoX; 05-27-2010 at 19:06..
XDRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 16:57   #6
netmage2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockin26 View Post
Pics or it didnt happen...

Id rather not get stuck with ineffective primers, in which this blog recommends.
Small Pistol as far as I can tell... I'm getting ~30% FTF in my Glock, buddy got 20% FTF in his Tarus... They have some bad batches out there right now...

To my msg...
> This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.wolfammo.com from:
> Tim Owens <netmage2112@gmail.com>
>
> Hi,
> Recently received 5K Small Pistol primers from Wideners. I'm having a 25-30% failure to fire in a Glock 22. I've put in a 6lb striker spring, and cleaned out the firing pin channel. Factory ammo and CCI primers function normally.
>
> These are from Lot 22-09.
>
> Please advise if you have any other recommendations, or how I can go about either exchanging or obtaining refund.
>
> Thanks.

Reloading
netmage2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 18:20   #7
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
They are however a pain in the ass to seat. Some seat fine, others are hard to push in, and others snag on the way in like they are too big or not round. So I will not be buying them again, but they do go bang, at least for me.
That's sad to.. w/ the Primer shortage right now, Wolf would be making a killing if they could get the QC issues squared away.... I was gonna buy some, but up to this point, I've managed to keep Winchester or CCI in stock.. so I've been happy. I got pretty thin a few months ago though, then managed to get a few Federal primers.... and that got me through till I was able to get 5k of Win SP and 5k of CCI SP... That will probably last me till the end of the year, I'll buy another 10k CCI or Win if the opportunity arises.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 05-29-2010 at 18:21..
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 18:34   #8
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by netmage2112 View Post
Reloading
LAME

Remington sent me a pre stamped mailer. I returned some primers I seated in my cases and the box end with the lot number. They checked them out and said they were fine. But no hazmat issues. I don't think you have hazemat when they are in the case already.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:30   #9
dudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
LAME

Remington sent me a pre stamped mailer. I returned some primers I seated in my cases and the box end with the lot number. They checked them out and said they were fine. But no hazmat issues. I don't think you have hazemat when they are in the case already.
Correct. Goes to show what a screwy law Hazmat is.

Primers in boxes, powder in cansisters are hazmat.

Primers in empty cases, loaded ammo; are not hazmat.

Hazmat is just a way for shipping companies to charge more.
dudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 18:15   #10
ept000

I am the guy with 20k bad Wolf primers. I heard all the crap about I'm not seating them right and all the other BS. The fact is the only primers I'm having problems with is just this one batch. My last batch of Wolf primers worked fine, this batch is DEFECTIVE and it has nothing to do with how I seat them.

Wolf gave me the same load of BS about asking a dealer with a hazmat licence to ship them back for me in order to get a refund, but guess what. The dealers I spoke to will not ship hazmat materials for someone else. I'm willing to bet that Wolf knows this and they have found a perfect way to not stand behind their product.

Wolf may improve their QC, and this problem may go away, but they will never see another penny of my business. Granted I'm not a big player,but last year I went through 30,000 primers. 20K were Wolf and the other 10 were Winchester. Never again.
ept000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
primers, reloading