Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:03   #741
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
Cell pic but it shows where I ended up putting the taser. I have tried very hard to keep everything off of my back.

Cop Talk
looks very clean and smooth, not too much

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:04   #742
PTRJason

Quote:
Cell pic but it shows where I ended up putting the taser. I have tried very hard to keep everything off of my back.

Cop Talk
At least I am not the only one who cut off the flap on the Bianchi MK3 holder. I have a MK4 in it.
PTRJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:24   #743
tusk212

Cop Talk
Cop Talk
Left to Right: All Bianchi AccuMold unless specified. MKIII DefTec OC, Double Cuff Pouch w/ Peerless 700's, Key Holder, Uncle Mikes radio holder, PolyStinger LED DS in a American Warrior nylon holder made by Stallion Leather, 21'' ASP, Glock 17 w/ X300 in a 6360, 2 mags. There is a total of 6 Uncle Mikes molded keepers mixed in there too.
Niner's Club #212
PA Glockers #125
Tactical Shotgun Club #212
tusk212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:26   #744
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
looks nice, I too use the accumold pouches and they hold up quite good yet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 17:36   #745
Jade Falcon
49er Loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHT View Post
I bought the Blackhawk Taser holster and am crossdrawing it (I'm right handed). Not liking it right now as it's at 10 oclock, and my mag pouch is at 11 oclock inhibits it coming out due to the draw angles of the holster. Definitely can't use a cartridge in the handle.

I really just need to get the Safariland ambi taser holster and convert to weakhand draw. :(
Have you considered a drop-leg holster?
Old 04-30-2010, 18:05   #746
VHT

They crossed my mind, for some reason they just seem to look too tacti-cool for me, haha... Lotta guys have them here though. It's a possible though. Not sure I want something around my leg that much tho.
VHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 14:22   #747
MyNewGlock23

Quote:

Cop Talk
Nice rig....what brand belt/accessories?

"I'm a firm believer the distinct "click-clack" noise coming from the unknown dark being better than any laxatives ever made." repoman1984 :rofl:
MyNewGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 14:36   #748
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Little fella, huh?

I think my right leg is 6'3"/235.
It's all in yer ****.
Old 05-02-2010, 15:24   #749
PTRJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNewGlock23 View Post
It's not mine but I can say with about 99.9% assurance that Everything is Bianchi AccuMold, holster is Safariland 6004 series or one of the variants, radio holder is a Porta-Clip, and I am not sure about the Taser holder so just guessing it is a Blackhawk Serpa or a Safariland ALS.
PTRJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 17:44   #750
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRJason View Post
It's not mine but I can say with about 99.9% assurance that Everything is Bianchi AccuMold, holster is Safariland 6004 series or one of the variants, radio holder is a Porta-Clip, and I am not sure about the Taser holder so just guessing it is a Blackhawk Serpa or a Safariland ALS.
Taser holster is a Blackhawk.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 18:58   #751
MyNewGlock23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRJason View Post
Thanks!

"I'm a firm believer the distinct "click-clack" noise coming from the unknown dark being better than any laxatives ever made." repoman1984 :rofl:
MyNewGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 22:11   #752
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNewGlock23 View Post
Sorry - just saw this. Yeah - Bianchi accumold everything except safariland holster.
Old 05-10-2010, 16:46   #753
Agent6-3/8

I'm still trying to figure out where to put my radio, but still keep my back clear...

I guess I'm just gonna have to get fatter.

Mags, Surefire G2, cuffs, D-ring for Streamlight 20X, cuffs, ASP, S&W 4566 Streamlight M3 (in Safariland 6280), recorder, OC spray.

Cop Talk
Old 05-13-2010, 20:24   #754
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Any of y'all use the old school hanging radio carriers like you still see some bigger departments like San Francisco PD using? They usually hang down low and appear to swivel. See the radio carriers in the photos below (one of which is quite sad, I have to admit).

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

I see most of y'all using higher carriers. We're issued Port-A-Clips, which hold the radio high, but I'm thinking about going to something more like this (below) if it'll give that old school look.

Cop Talk
Safariland 762

Last edited by AggiePhil; 05-13-2010 at 21:25..
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 21:21   #755
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gifters View Post
Safariland Model 72 may help free up some space

A mag pouch and more

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
Any way that a pair of ASP chained cuffs could be squeezed into there?

Last edited by AggiePhil; 05-13-2010 at 21:26..
Old 05-13-2010, 21:23   #756
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
Any of y'all use the old school hanging radio carriers like you still see some bigger departments like San Francisco PD using? They usually hang down low and appear to swivel. See the radio carriers in the photos below (one of which is quite embarrassing, I have to admit).

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

I see most of y'all using higher carriers. We're issued Port-A-Clips, which hold the radio high, but I'm thinking about going to something more like this (below) if it'll give that old school look.

Cop Talk
Safariland 762
I would think function is more important that looking old school.

There are folks with the swivel at my PD and at my previous department. I think it sucks, personally. I like my equipment close to my body and stable. There is way too much give with those radio holders. There are a few guysthat run a swivel without the leather holder. Its directly attached to the battery. Not my cup of tea, but I hate the PortaClip just as much. It is sharp, digs into my side and it is too hard to get the radio in and out. I don't use a remote mic. I just talk directly into the radio.

I use a Center of Mass kydex job.

Cop Talk
Old 05-13-2010, 21:29   #757
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Any way that a pair of ASP chained cuffs could be squeezed into there?
They are slightly too wide. Admittedly, I was trying them on a new holder. If you stretched the leather it might work out.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:12   #758
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
There are folks with the swivel at my PD and at my previous department. I think it sucks, personally. I like my equipment close to my body and stable. There is way too much give with those radio holders. There are a few guysthat run a swivel without the leather holder. Its directly attached to the battery. Not my cup of tea, but I hate the PortaClip just as much. It is sharp, digs into my side and it is too hard to get the radio in and out. I don't use a remote mic. I just talk directly into the radio.

I use a Center of Mass kydex job.
Yeah, I saw that you have the Blade-Tech radio carrier. I looked at that one, and would like to run it, but they only make it for the newer style Motorola. We still use the MTS2000.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:42   #759
matt86
Oink Oink

Send a message via AIM to matt86
Quote:
Any of y'all use the old school hanging radio carriers like you still see some bigger departments like San Francisco PD using? They usually hang down low and appear to swivel. See the radio carriers in the photos below (one of which is quite sad, I have to admit).

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
Safariland 762
My department issues those and I hate it and bought a porta clip. They swing around and stick out pretty far on the side. I hate them.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:47   #760
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt86 View Post
My department issues those and I hate it and bought a porta clip. They swing around and stick out pretty far on the side. I hate them.
I'll be the odd one out and say that I use a nylon version by Bianchi and love it. It's MUCH easier to get to my radio that way, as opposed to most people at work who just clip it to their belt on the manufacturer's belt clip. I tried that, and it kept getting stuck on my duty belt, and I couldn't stand clipping it to my pants pocket like some others do. They only downside is we use such a wide variety of radio sizes, and you're not guaranteed to get the same one twice (motorola astro, some kind of kenwood, and a newer type of motorola).

We had a grant to buy everyone individual radios that would be assigned to them, but the LT over the radios and such refused to do it, because "they'll just tear them up" The union is doing a petition to have the warden override him, though.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote