Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 20:04   #6161
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
CRONY - a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
Crono

Crono (クロノ Kurono?, "Chrono" in Japanese media) is the silent protagonist in Chrono Trigger. He lives with his mother in the town of Truce under the rule of the Guardia Kingdom.
In 12000 BC when the party is confronted with Lavos in the Ocean Palace of the Kingdom of Zeal, he sacrifices himself to save his friends, though he can be revived. While the other six playable characters have many lines of dialogue, Crono's responses to events are usually implied only through reaction and gesture, often for comedic effect. Crono speaks once in one of the endings to Chrono Trigger, saying just a few lines of dialogue. He uses a katana as a weapon and once he obtains magical ability, his Techs become lightning-oriented. In the original Japanese version of the game, Crono's element was Ten (天?), which means "heaven". In the DS version of Chrono Trigger, Crono's element is translated to Light, which is more in line with the original Japanese translation.
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767

Last edited by SlimlineGlock; 04-04-2010 at 22:12..
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:41   #6162
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
Crono

Crono (クロノ Kurono?, "Chrono" in Japanese media) is the silent protagonist in Chrono Trigger. He lives with his mother in the town of Truce under the rule of the Guardia Kingdom.
In 12000 BC when the party is confronted with Lavos in the Ocean Palace of the Kingdom of Zeal, he sacrifices himself to save his friends, though he can be revived. While the other six playable characters have many lines of dialogue, Crono's responses to events are usually implied only through reaction and gesture, often for comedic effect. Crono speaks once in one of the endings to Chrono Trigger, saying just a few lines of dialogue. He uses a katana as a weapon and once he obtains magical ability, his Techs become lightning-oriented. In the original Japanese version of the game, Crono's element was Ten (天?), which means "heaven". In the DS version of Chrono Trigger, Crono's element is translated to Light, which is more in line with the original Japanese translation.
CHONO is an extinct group of people who were indigenous to Chiloé Island, Los Lagos, Chile. They used nets and spears to gather food from the sea, but supplemented their catch with potatoes and other growths from small gardens. The dwelling places consisted of caves or leather structures.

The Chono became extinct during the 18th century with the last survivor going missing in 1875.

The Chono language is known only from local toponyms unexplicable from existing local languages, such as kawesqar, and is not related to any known language family.
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 21:29   #6163
pupcuss27
CLM Number 119
Charter Lifetime Member
 
pupcuss27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: INDY, USA
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
CHONO is an extinct group of people who were indigenous to Chiloé Island, Los Lagos, Chile. They used nets and spears to gather food from the sea, but supplemented their catch with potatoes and other growths from small gardens. The dwelling places consisted of caves or leather structures.

The Chono became extinct during the 18th century with the last survivor going missing in 1875.

The Chono language is known only from local toponyms unexplicable from existing local languages, such as kawesqar, and is not related to any known language family.
chi⋅no

–noun
1. a tough, twilled cotton cloth used for uniforms, sports clothes, etc.
2. Usually, chinos. trousers made of this material.
–adjective
3. made of chino.

CHINO

Hey YaAll'

PUP
__________________
If you shoot any creature on earth in the face, it will tend to leave you alone.
pupcuss27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 21:43   #6164
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupcuss27 View Post
chi⋅no

–noun
1. a tough, twilled cotton cloth used for uniforms, sports clothes, etc.
2. Usually, chinos. trousers made of this material.
–adjective
3. made of chino.

CHINO

Hey YaAll'

PUP
Upon the design of the Brackets, Thino Series Bracket improved its performance in correspondence of clinic requirements. Made of much strong stainless steel, this bracket series can be in a low labial-lingual profile (L.P) design, which is dramatically reduced the interference of occlusion and clinical bonding failure afterwards, so maximize patient comfort without sacrificing the structure strength at the wings, slot, etc of the bracket.

More features:
Even though with the L.P design, Thino series bracket is stronger to resist various deforming forces during the treatment.
The Fully combined Contour of the Mesh Base is well match corresponding tooth surface to achieve the excellent bonding strength.
The improved tie wing undercuts are easy for the ligation even with a reduced thickness of brackets.
Vertical scribe line, rhomboidal shape, and the different permanent color codes for each quadrant make the clinic practicing easy.
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:53   #6165
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
Upon the design of the Brackets, Thino Series Bracket improved its performance in correspondence of clinic requirements. Made of much strong stainless steel, this bracket series can be in a low labial-lingual profile (L.P) design, which is dramatically reduced the interference of occlusion and clinical bonding failure afterwards, so maximize patient comfort without sacrificing the structure strength at the wings, slot, etc of the bracket.

More features:
Even though with the L.P design, Thino series bracket is stronger to resist various deforming forces during the treatment.
The Fully combined Contour of the Mesh Base is well match corresponding tooth surface to achieve the excellent bonding strength.
The improved tie wing undercuts are easy for the ligation even with a reduced thickness of brackets.
Vertical scribe line, rhomboidal shape, and the different permanent color codes for each quadrant make the clinic practicing easy.
SHINO

Shino Kumar Indian project manager, from Kerala. Presently working with Huawei, in Bangalore.
Shino Kakinuma (born 1965), Japanese actress
George Shenton (footballer) (1899-1978), English footballer nicknamed Shino
Shino Lin(林曉培), Taiwanese singer and actress
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 14:55   #6166
dan20703
Ammo Junkie
 
dan20703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupcuss27 View Post
chi⋅no

–noun
1. a tough, twilled cotton cloth used for uniforms, sports clothes, etc.
2. Usually, chinos. trousers made of this material.
–adjective
3. made of chino.
CHINO
Hey YaAll'
PUP
Hate to rain on the parade but CHINO was used on post #2814.

Back to CHONO
__________________
"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

"The gun is not the answer to all of your personal protection problems, but when you need a gun, you really need a gun."

Dan
dan20703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 15:32   #6167
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
Hate to rain on the parade but CHINO was used on post #2814.



Back to CHONO
Personally, I love raining on other people's parades....

CHORO (Portuguese pronunciation: [ˈʃoɾu], "cry" or "lament"), traditionally called chorinho ("little cry" or "little lament"), is a Brazilian popular music instrumental style. Its origins are in 19th century Rio de Janeiro. In spite of the name, the style often has a fast and happy rhythm, characterized by virtuosity and improvisation. Choro is considered the first popular music typical of Brazil.
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE

Last edited by AV1911; 01-05-2010 at 15:37..
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:34   #6168
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
Personally, I love raining on other people's parades....

CHORO (Portuguese pronunciation: [ˈʃoɾu], "cry" or "lament"), traditionally called chorinho ("little cry" or "little lament"), is a Brazilian popular music instrumental style. Its origins are in 19th century Rio de Janeiro. In spite of the name, the style often has a fast and happy rhythm, characterized by virtuosity and improvisation. Choro is considered the first popular music typical of Brazil.
Rain, rain, go away......

Chodo Habat was a male Ithorian Force Adept, and leader of the herd that oversaw the Telosian Restoration Project after the Bombing of Telos IV. He was a respected spiritual leader among his people because of his ability to feel the Force. He helped the Jedi Exile regain some of her own Force-sensitivity in exchange for her help in dealing with Czerka Corporation and local Exchange boss Loppak Slusk, whose combined action of sabotage had brought the Restoration project to a halt. Eventually, his efforts made the planet's atmosphere suitable for life again, after it had been turned into acidic vapor by the Sith bombardment. Twenty other worlds would benefit from his success.[1]
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767

Last edited by SlimlineGlock; 04-04-2010 at 22:12..
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:20   #6169
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
Rain, rain, go away......

Chodo Habat was a male Ithorian Force Adept, and leader of the herd that oversaw the Telosian Restoration Project after the Bombing of Telos IV. He was a respected spiritual leader among his people because of his ability to feel the Force. He helped the Jedi Exile regain some of her own Force-sensitivity in exchange for her help in dealing with Czerka Corporation and local Exchange boss Loppak Slusk, whose combined action of sabotage had brought the Restoration project to a halt. Eventually, his efforts made the planet's atmosphere suitable for life again, after it had been turned into acidic vapor by the Sith bombardment. Twenty other worlds would benefit from his success.[1]
Come again some other day.....

CRODO is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Verbano-Cusio-Ossola in the Italian region Piedmont, located about 140 km northeast of Turin and about 35 km northwest of Verbania. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 1,487 and an area of 61.8 km².
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 21:12   #6170
dan20703
Ammo Junkie
 
dan20703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
Come again some other day.....

CRODO is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Verbano-Cusio-Ossola in the Italian region Piedmont, located about 140 km northeast of Turin and about 35 km northwest of Verbania. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 1,487 and an area of 61.8 km².
Frodo Baggins is a fictional character in J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium.
The Lighter Side
__________________
"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

"The gun is not the answer to all of your personal protection problems, but when you need a gun, you really need a gun."

Dan
dan20703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 21:29   #6171
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
Frodo Baggins is a fictional character in J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium.
FRIDO

Frido Frey (born October 26, 1921) is a retired American basketball player. A 6'2" forward, he was the first German-born player in the National Basketball Association.[1]

Frey attended New Utrecht High School in Brooklyn, where he served as captain of his basketball team. Art Modell described him as "one of the best high-school basketball players in the city".[2] Frey then played basketball at Long Island University and with the Manhattan Beach Coast Guard[3] before joining the New York Knicks in 1946. He played 23 games for the Knicks during the 1946-47 season and scored 88 points.[4]
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:23   #6172
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
FRIDO

Frido Frey (born October 26, 1921) is a retired American basketball player. A 6'2" forward, he was the first German-born player in the National Basketball Association.[1]

Frey attended New Utrecht High School in Brooklyn, where he served as captain of his basketball team. Art Modell described him as "one of the best high-school basketball players in the city".[2] Frey then played basketball at Long Island University and with the Manhattan Beach Coast Guard[3] before joining the New York Knicks in 1946. He played 23 games for the Knicks during the 1946-47 season and scored 88 points.[4]
FRITO Lay snacks. Yum!

http://www.fritolay.com/
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:20   #6173
dan20703
Ammo Junkie
 
dan20703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
FRITO Lay snacks. Yum!

http://www.fritolay.com/
FRITA and fritos! Breakfast of champions!

FRITA is a Cuban dish with a seasoned ground beef patty(sometimes mixed with chorizo) on Cuban bread topped with shoestring potatoes, lettuce, onions, and a spiced ketchup sauce.
The Lighter Side
__________________
"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

"The gun is not the answer to all of your personal protection problems, but when you need a gun, you really need a gun."

Dan
dan20703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:28   #6174
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
FRITA and fritos! Breakfast of champions!

FRITA is a Cuban dish with a seasoned ground beef patty(sometimes mixed with chorizo) on Cuban bread topped with shoestring potatoes, lettuce, onions, and a spiced ketchup sauce.
FRIDA is a 2002 biographical film which passionately depicts the professional and private life of the surrealist Mexican painter Frida Kahlo. It stars Salma Hayek in her Academy Award nominated portrayal as Kahlo and Alfred Molina as her husband, Diego Rivera.

The Lighter Side
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:56   #6175
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
FRIDA is a 2002 biographical film which passionately depicts the professional and private life of the surrealist Mexican painter Frida Kahlo. It stars Salma Hayek in her Academy Award nominated portrayal as Kahlo and Alfred Molina as her husband, Diego Rivera.

The Lighter Side
Frada Kaplan moved to the North Country of New Hampshire in 1996, having formerly been a New York City Board of Education Principal. For Frada, transitioning to country living has for the most part been an effortless process. Today in her leisure time, she enjoys spinning fleece and knitting pieces for her family and friends.
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767

Last edited by SlimlineGlock; 04-04-2010 at 22:12..
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:15   #6176
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
Frada Kaplan moved to the North Country of New Hampshire in 1996, having formerly been a New York City Board of Education Principal. For Frada, transitioning to country living has for the most part been an effortless process. Today in her leisure time, she enjoys spinning fleece and knitting pieces for her family and friends.
PRADA S.p.A. is an Italian fashion label designed by Mario Prada, specializing in luxury goods for men and women (ready-to-wear, leather accessories, shoes, and luggage and hats), founded by Mario Prada. The label is a status symbol.[1] Like other brands, Prada battles counterfeiting, ensuring authenticity only from its official worldwide boutiques and online store.
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:37   #6177
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
PRADA S.p.A. is an Italian fashion label designed by Mario Prada, specializing in luxury goods for men and women (ready-to-wear, leather accessories, shoes, and luggage and hats), founded by Mario Prada. The label is a status symbol.[1] Like other brands, Prada battles counterfeiting, ensuring authenticity only from its official worldwide boutiques and online store.
Bill Prady (born 7 June 1960) is a television writer and producer who has worked on American sitcoms and variety programs, including Married With Children, Dream On, Star Trek: Voyager, Dharma & Greg, and The Gilmore Girls. He began his writing career working for Jim Henson's Muppets. He wrote the Disney Theme Park attractions Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D and Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. He is currently the Executive Producer and co-creator of the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory. In 2003, he was a candidate for the office of Governor of California.[1] He is a graduate of the Cranbrook School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.[2] In 1991, Prady was nominated for an Emmy award for co-writing the posthumous tribute to Jim Henson entitled "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson."[3]
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 13:22   #6178
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
Bill Prady (born 7 June 1960) is a television writer and producer who has worked on American sitcoms and variety programs, including Married With Children, Dream On, Star Trek: Voyager, Dharma & Greg, and The Gilmore Girls. He began his writing career working for Jim Henson's Muppets. He wrote the Disney Theme Park attractions Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D and Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. He is currently the Executive Producer and co-creator of the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory. In 2003, he was a candidate for the office of Governor of California.[1] He is a graduate of the Cranbrook School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.[2] In 1991, Prady was nominated for an Emmy award for co-writing the posthumous tribute to Jim Henson entitled "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson."[3]
PRADO The Museo del Prado is a museum and art gallery located in Madrid, the capital of Spain. It features one of the world's finest collections of European art, from the 12th century to the early 19th century, based on the former Spanish Royal Collection. Founded as a museum of paintings and sculpture, it also contains important collections of more than 5,000 drawings, 2,000 prints, 1,000 coins and medals, and almost 2,000 decorative objects and works of art. Sculpture is represented by more than 700 works and by a smaller number of sculptural fragments. The painting collection compromises about 7,800 paintings, of which only about 900 are at public display, mainly because the museum's lack of space for it.

The Lighter Side
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 14:01   #6179
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
PRADO The Museo del Prado is a museum and art gallery located in Madrid, the capital of Spain. It features one of the world's finest collections of European art, from the 12th century to the early 19th century, based on the former Spanish Royal Collection. Founded as a museum of paintings and sculpture, it also contains important collections of more than 5,000 drawings, 2,000 prints, 1,000 coins and medals, and almost 2,000 decorative objects and works of art. Sculpture is represented by more than 700 works and by a smaller number of sculptural fragments. The painting collection compromises about 7,800 paintings, of which only about 900 are at public display, mainly because the museum's lack of space for it.

The Lighter Side
Grado, one of the oldest family owned companies in the Audio Industry, has for almost half a century been the leaders in design engineering for the high-end audio and recording industries.
Grado is famous for their remarkable headphone and phono cartridge designs and hold over 48 patents. Company founder, Joseph Grado is credited as the inventor of the stereo moving coil phono cartridge. He is responsible for more innovations in phono cartridge design than any other person in our lifetime and was inducted into the Audio Hall of Fame in 1982.
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 15:49   #6180
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
Grado, one of the oldest family owned companies in the Audio Industry, has for almost half a century been the leaders in design engineering for the high-end audio and recording industries.
Grado is famous for their remarkable headphone and phono cartridge designs and hold over 48 patents. Company founder, Joseph Grado is credited as the inventor of the stereo moving coil phono cartridge. He is responsible for more innovations in phono cartridge design than any other person in our lifetime and was inducted into the Audio Hall of Fame in 1982.
GRAPO Antifascist Resistance Groups October First (in Spanish: Grupos de Resistencia Antifascista Primero de Octubre, generally known by its abbreviation GRAPO) is the armed wing of the Partido Comunista de España-reconstitutido (PCE-r), a Spanish clandestine Maoist group aiming for the formation of a Spanish Marxist-Leninist Republican state, based on the model of Maoist China.

Besides its anticapitalism, it is strongly opposed to Spain's NATO membership and its rhetoric is extremely anti-American.
To date, the latest violent action inflicted by GRAPO dates from 2006. After having being fairly active in the late 1970s and early 1980s, currently their dwindling numbers, lack of any social support and police action has allowed Spanish officials to claim to claim a number of times to have disbanded the GRAPO after the few remaining militants of the band were captured. Currently, according to the Spanish police, GRAPO was disbanded after six of its militants were arrested in June 2007[1] but, formally, the group has not announced its dissolution.

GRAPO is included in the European Union list of terrorist persons and organisations.[2]
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:36.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 699
131 Members
568 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31