SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-24-2009, 17:16   #1
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
Soon to own a 442 snubbie

I am getting a 442 snubbie can't wait until next Thursday when I can get my hands on it.
Regards
DW
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 17:32   #2
lawandorder

Congratulations on picking up a 442.

J frame Smiths the one revolver all gun owners should have.
lawandorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 18:35   #3
Nicko
GTDS FOR LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Nicko Send a message via Yahoo to Nicko
Love 'em. Congrats

<<<<Was "beat in" to join GTDS
"Nicko your ignored too, so if that last message was a insult which I expect nothing less then I cant see it."........Porterhouse83
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:17   #4
Berto
woo woo

Good choice, I really enjoy mine.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:42   #5
Two Guns
VIP MEMBER

Great choice,every one should have a least one J frame.
Old 12-25-2009, 19:03   #6
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

O watch out! Those can become addicting. I made the mistake of buying two, which permitted them to multiply like rabbits. I now have 16 snub nose j-frames, one of which gets put in my pocket a lot. The 340PD. The majority of the rest of them rarely see the light of day. I'm not exactly sure why I have most of them.

The 442 is a great choice. That was the first one I intended to purchase, it's a story, but I ended up with the 642. I only ended up with the 340PD later because it was too good a deal to pass up. I wouldn't pay full price for a 340PD, but the 442 is worth every penny. Hogue makes a grip which has the same boot profile as the stock Uncle Mikes, but the Hogue is nicer by far.
Old 12-26-2009, 19:29   #7
the perfesser

The 442, my one and only revolver. Could not be more pleased!
the perfesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 21:56   #8
bluelineman
Infidel كافر

I like mine a lot. I replaced the grip with a Crimson Trace LG-405 as I didn't like the fact that the backstrap was not padded. I also liked the benefit of a laser, especially with such a short sight radius.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?" - Walid Shoebat, former PLO Terrorist
كافر Infidel لقد كان محمد شاذ جنسيا
bluelineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 22:39   #9
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
I like mine a lot. I replaced the grip with a Crimson Trace LG-405 as I didn't like the fact that the backstrap was not padded. I also liked the benefit of a laser, especially with such a short sight radius.
I am thinking about getting a set of those for my 340pd if i can find a reasonable priced lightly used pair.

Did it take you a while to get used to the laser? Do you shoot other guns with lasers?

I had CT grips for my g26, but I couldn't get used to them, but perhaps it was because it changed the grip profile some.
Old 12-26-2009, 23:04   #10
bluelineman
Infidel كافر

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeere_man View Post
I am thinking about getting a set of those for my 340pd if i can find a reasonable priced lightly used pair.

Did it take you a while to get used to the laser? Do you shoot other guns with lasers?

I had CT grips for my g26, but I couldn't get used to them, but perhaps it was because it changed the grip profile some.
I didn't know anything different with that gun. I went to a gun show & bought the gun then took it right over to the CT dealer to get the laser grips installed. You can always turn the laser off (mine has the on/off switch on the bottom of the grip) if you don't want to use it. I don't think it changes the grip profile much on the 442. Basically a little nub that your finger presses when you grip the gun. It is very different from a CT on a Glock.

It took a little getting used to at the range. You see how much you move around. Again, you can turn it off if needed. This is my only experience with a laser.

On my old laptop (that died) I had a link to a good video segment on Personal Defense TV where they talked about using a laser. They shot using it too. I just tried looking for it & couldn't find anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?" - Walid Shoebat, former PLO Terrorist
Old 12-27-2009, 00:35   #11
Ak.Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeere_man View Post
O watch out! Those can become addicting. I made the mistake of buying two, which permitted them to multiply like rabbits. I now have 16 snub nose j-frames, one of which gets put in my pocket a lot. The 340PD. The majority of the rest of them rarely see the light of day. I'm not exactly sure why I have most of them.

The 442 is a great choice. That was the first one I intended to purchase, it's a story, but I ended up with the 642. I only ended up with the 340PD later because it was too good a deal to pass up. I wouldn't pay full price for a 340PD, but the 442 is worth every penny. Hogue makes a grip which has the same boot profile as the stock Uncle Mikes, but the Hogue is nicer by far.
How does the 442, 642, and the 340 PD handle the 158 grain LSWCHP +P? Or do you carry jacketed loads?
Ak.Hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:59   #12
Berto
woo woo

My 442 hasn't had any issues with FBI loads from Impact/3D or the hot Buffalo Bore load, no bullet pull. Recoil is a solid whack with the BB loads, plenty manageable with the Impact stuff. Usually it's loaded with 135gr Gold Dot's though, I find them more often at shops.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:14   #13
HexHead

Check out the Mika pocket holster for it. None better.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/pocket.htm
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:34   #14
bluelineman
Infidel كافر

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post

+1

Old 12-27-2009, 16:14   #15
captcurly

Everyone should have at least one J frame. I have 4 and love them all. It is easy to conceal and will always go bang when the trigger is pulled. Good luck with the 442 and you will not be sorry.
captcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 14:37   #16
cmcinc

Congrats. I have had mine for a few months and love it. It was my first j-frame and not the last for sure. Enjoy it when you get it.
Old 12-28-2009, 18:40   #17
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post

I have one of those and a Desantis Nemesis, but I prefer the Mika holster.
Old 12-28-2009, 18:41   #18
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak.Hiker View Post
How does the 442, 642, and the 340 PD handle the 158 grain LSWCHP +P? Or do you carry jacketed loads?
I shoot 158gr lead nose target rounds a lot.

I carry 357mag 158gr "deer stoppers" from Georgia Arms, as I recall they are Gold Dot bullets. These of course are a handful.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:35   #19
I am plastic

I picked up a 442 on the 26th. Headed straight to the range (even though it had six inches on the ground and still snowing) and fired a bunch of reloaded .38 148gr HBWC. The first shot was a little surprising (didn't have a firm grip on it) but after that, one handed shots were a breeze.

It's my first snubbie and I love it.

I just have to find a few holsters for it now.
I am plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 17:57   #20
wazzup

I found a like new 442 w/out the box at my local fun store for $349. Put it on layaway and will pick it up next week. Oh, and it has no lock

Patrick

Last edited by wazzup; 01-19-2010 at 19:28..
wazzup is offline   Reply With Quote